Chris Jones fired

Started by Blue In BC, July 15, 2024, 09:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

Well were they not talking about private ownership earlier this year?.
Move them to Fort McMurray.  Don't those northern workers have more money than they know what to do with?

dd

Good on Jones in his post game presser, he didn't call out anyone and backed up his kicker saying he overkicked the ball.

The thing that puzzles me, is I thought Jones was a defensive guru, but the Elks defense sucks. Riders have former DC as their HC and their defense is very strong. Had the Elks had a decent defense, they'd be ok. MBT has Lewis and Brown to work with , their O will be ok, but their D, yeesh, they gotta pick it up and quit giving up big play after big play

ichabod_crane

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 17, 2024, 04:15:28 AMThe loss of revenue and fans probably supercedes any salary implications by letting Jones finish out the season.  Paying fans in the seats is what drives the future and once fans leave, it takes a while to recover them.  Remember over 3 years they had a record of 8 - 33.  That is not leading to a sustainable future.  They probably should have pulled the trigger before the season started but here we are and the right decision was made I think. 

If the organization remains a Mickey Mouse one, firing Jones and bringing in new coaches & GM won't help zip! Beyond winning you want people feeling good or at least respectful about your organization and not see you as some bunch of clowns trying to run a football team!;) Having a competitive football team and BELIEF from the community & fans in the people running the team builds longer term support from individuals and sponsors. If you are a bunch of clowns in the circus running the show (like the Bombers were prior to the Manitoba mafia taking over), bringing in a Tom Landy or Bill Belichick or Wally Buono does not help much. I think the roots of Edmonton's issues go father than just the GM & HC.

A once very proud franchise has been short changed for too long now. Calgary had a similar issue with the cardboard box maker owner from southern California elevating his OWN SON to backup QB. 🙄😮 Wally Buono could not accept that and is mainly the reason why he bolted for the west coast. Only when primarily the Stampeder Alumni stepped in and said this owner must go after constant Calgary community and fan protest did things change for the better. The Stamps were a clown organization for a few years similar to the Gliebermans in Ottawa in the 1990's. Been many such clown organizations in the history of the CFL, but seems to be more since the early 1980's. Nelson Skalbania, Murray Pezim...the list goes on! :D Even the GREAT Gretzky/John Candy/Bruce McNall combo only last 2+ years in Toronto. After those owners left the team went downhill in a second.