6 game IR players

Started by Blue In BC, July 10, 2024, 03:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 10, 2024, 06:33:26 PMIt's simple. They don't show their hand more than is required.

In Bryant's case: if he's off to the 6-game IR tomorrow he'll be listed as 'out' at the same time as they make the that move. If he's on the 1 game IR or he's going to play he'll be listed as 'questionable' up until they need to declare their roster.

It's not really unique to the Bombers, though. It's kind of standard procedure.

That defies the edict to be more transparent which is my point. They are required to do that.   Why bother with daily IR reports at all? Opponents aren't preparing their game plan based on IR reports. 

If Bryant plays, teams are aware he's a top LT. If he doesn't play they will attack that change. Knowing it sooner doesn't change their planning per se.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 07:27:52 PMThat defies the edict to be more transparent which is my point. They are required to do that.   Why bother with daily IR reports at all? Opponents aren't preparing their game plan based on IR reports. 

If Bryant plays, teams are aware he's a top LT. If he doesn't play they will attack that change. Knowing it sooner doesn't change their planning per se.

Of course teams look at practice reports and may plan contingencies based on what might happen. This is exactly why teams don't give information away until it's required.

Why bother? Well, without one we wouldn't know if Bryant was practicing or not. Now we know. Teams aren't obligated to share their game day status until the end of the practice week - so we haven't yet (It also would be hard to do so accurately early in the week). Montreal and Toronto play tomorrow and it's been updated for them. Tomorrow it will be updated for us. It doesn't mean that there won't be game time decisions.

theaardvark

Hallett and Garbutt full participants but out for this week, the rest are "Questionable", including Collaros, yeah right.

Player Name    Position    Injury    MON    TUE    WED    Game Status
Noah Hallett    DB    Hip    Full    Full    Full    Out
Tanner Gaskill-Cadwallader    LB    Knee    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Adam Bighill    LB    Shoulder    Limited    Full    Full    Questionable
TyJuan Garbutt    DL    Ankle    Full    Full    Full    Out
Zach Collaros    QB    Thorax    Full    Full    Full    Questionable
Asotui Eli    OL    Hip    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Stanley Bryant    OL    Hip    DNP    DNP    Full    Questionable
Brady Oliveira    RB    Shoulder    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Michael Chris-Ike    RB    Knee    Full    DNP    Full    Questionable
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 10, 2024, 08:34:42 PMHallett and Garbutt full participants but out for this week, the rest are "Questionable", including Collaros, yeah right.

Player Name    Position    Injury    MON    TUE    WED    Game Status
Noah Hallett    DB    Hip    Full    Full    Full    Out
Tanner Gaskill-Cadwallader    LB    Knee    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Adam Bighill    LB    Shoulder    Limited    Full    Full    Questionable
TyJuan Garbutt    DL    Ankle    Full    Full    Full    Out
Zach Collaros    QB    Thorax    Full    Full    Full    Questionable
Asotui Eli    OL    Hip    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Stanley Bryant    OL    Hip    DNP    DNP    Full    Questionable
Brady Oliveira    RB    Shoulder    DNP    Full    Full    Questionable
Michael Chris-Ike    RB    Knee    Full    DNP    Full    Questionable

LOL. I think that made my point. The thought teams don't want to let opponents know the status too early is silly. Game planning and calling happens play by play based on who is on the field, game situation etc. 

These daily reports have only been around a few years. How oh how did the opponents know what to do before these reports surfaced.

Today's still doesn't tell us anything particularly useful. Confirms 6 game IR players not dressing but that's about it.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

I bet the Stamps are trolling this thread to figure out who to prepare for lol

All jokes aside great discussion and thread very informative

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 10, 2024, 09:14:59 PMLOL. I think that made my point. The thought teams don't want to let opponents know the status too early is silly. Game planning and calling happens play by play based on who is on the field, game situation etc. 

These daily reports have only been around a few years. How oh how did the opponents know what to do before these reports surfaced.

Today's still doesn't tell us anything particularly useful. Confirms 6 game IR players not dressing but that's about it.

Injury reports co-incide with legal sports betting and sponsorships...  they aren't for us, the fan, or the opposing team.  They are for the oddsmakers and bettors.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 10, 2024, 05:07:00 PMIIRC, it was Naylor who reported late last month that Schoen suffered a knee injury* and wouldn't return this season.

The team hasn't confirmed or denied either part.

I could have sworn MOS admitted in one of the pressers Schoen was gone for the season.

Based on everything posted here over the couple of months my hunch is Parker is a season-ender too, but that's pure speculation.

I'd think everyone else may return at some point.  The 6GIR depresses me to look at!  At least we stopped adding names to it last week!
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 10, 2024, 11:17:26 PMI could have sworn MOS admitted in one of the pressers Schoen was gone for the season.

Based on everything posted here over the couple of months my hunch is Parker is a season-ender too, but that's pure speculation.

I'd think everyone else may return at some point.  The 6GIR depresses me to look at!  At least we stopped adding names to it last week!

He aluded to it which is about as much  you'll ever get out of O'Shea on the injury front.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 11, 2024, 02:05:42 AMHe aluded to it which is about as much  you'll ever get out of O'Shea on the injury front.

He did more than allude to it, he said "it looks like Schoen will be out for the year". What else can he say?
My wife is amazing!

DM83

It's too bad the free press and global don't give a fan anything to read or watch.  The free press talk about some guys dogs.  I would like to know something about the status of how likely we are to field a good team.

I love football, but crappy play soon becomes boring.

Nothing on TSN, third string players dogs, which are banned in the biggest population center (in Winnipeg.)

I guess that's  why it's called the dog days of summer.

Blue In BC

So our 7 "questionable " players are all suiting up. What a surprise.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 11, 2024, 03:55:52 PMSo our 7 "questionable " players are all suiting up. What a surprise.

They all practiced in full and were listed as questionable because they appeared on the injury list at some point during the week. Of the all the transparency issues that there are to criticize, this isn't one of them.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Lawson and Parker will definitely get another 6 games.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Pigskin on July 10, 2024, 05:14:47 PMI have been to a few practice since DS83 was injured. Haven't seen him hanging out on the injury bench.
I am not sure if Schoen is in the city rehabbing his whole time but he is in town for an autograph signing on Saturday.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 11, 2024, 03:55:52 PMSo our 7 "questionable " players are all suiting up. What a surprise.

Ya, what else is new.  We basically all know this beforehand.  Maybe it's to just confuse the enemy?

Quote from: Jesse on July 11, 2024, 04:25:09 PMThey all practiced in full and were listed as questionable because they appeared on the injury list at some point during the week. Of the all the transparency issues that there are to criticize, this isn't one of them.

Ya, I think we need to just accept it as the "MOS way" and move on.  I don't get angered by it.  Hey, at least they give us the (semi-useless) list each practice now.  Used to be we got nothing.
Never go full Rider!