Argos at Als

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 11, 2024, 11:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 12, 2024, 03:05:35 PMUnder normal circumstances, the first jam that you refer to could be called as 'Illegal Contact'. On this specific play, that contact is perfectly legal.

Oh, that was the flea-flicker play?  Ya, I guess you're right.  Good catch.

But I doubt the DB knew it was a flea-flicker: how could he see the QB shenanigans at that moment while dealing with his WR?  So really it was a case of the DB getting lucky!

This could be turned into an advantage: if the DBs had some way to be informed there was a handoff or flicker, then they could jam and contact with impunity as long as it's before the ball is thrown... some signal from the sidelines maybe?  Might be too complicated...

Maas's brain: note to self: don't challenge DPI on flea-flickers unless it's later in the play.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 12, 2024, 01:44:15 PMHe will definately be out next week, I'll put money on it.

(they have a bye)

Next game is two weeks on Thursday in MTL against SSK

Maas was complaining about the 5 day turnaround... we will see if this gets more traction

I sure hope Fajardo returns for the Sask. game, I'd hate to see the Riders fluke off another win.

ichabod_crane

Sask all smoke and mirrors...Backup QB has a lot to prove still. Will see how upcoming game vs them looks for me to think they can run with BC or even the Bombers.