Bombers favoured to win the cup now.

Started by theaardvark, July 06, 2024, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Bandwagon open, ready for passengers.

Bring on the new Power Rankings, we should be at the top.

All joking aside, that was a gutsy performance last night, some stupid penalties were taken and even stupider ones called, and there was plenty of opportunity to give up.  But MOS and his crew kept their heads in the game, and Castillo, well, Mr. 50+ was electric.  WE shouldn't be proud of scoring 1 td and six FG, but the FG often came from a spot closer to Transcona than the goal posts.

How do the betting lines for the GC have WPG adn TOR the same to reach or win the GC? 1.5x CGY, 2x OTT and 4x EDM?  Want to sprinkle a little on the 0-4 Bombers... but the betting gods know that WPG is not your regular 0-4 team.

14-4 season can still win us the west. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

I guess I'm theory a 14-4 season is possible but highly improbable. Still, the games are entertaining. Gone are the days when we throw up 40 points and collect a win. Now we strive to get 200 yds passing and 25 points, but games are exciting, they're a battle and no game is a given. I was glued to the game last night, it was like a playoff game for us. If we want to cross over, we have to beat Ottawa, and we did. Mission accomplished. Now on to the next mission- we need to beat Calgary at home, definitely do-able

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on July 06, 2024, 03:42:38 PMI guess I'm theory a 14-4 season is possible but highly improbable. Still, the games are entertaining. Gone are the days when we throw up 40 points and collect a win. Now we strive to get 200 yds passing and 25 points, but games are exciting, they're a battle and no game is a given. I was glued to the game last night, it was like a playoff game for us. If we want to cross over, we have to beat Ottawa, and we did. Mission accomplished. Now on to the next mission- we need to beat Calgary at home, definitely do-able

We have the season series over Ottawa by 5 points... that last minute FG was a lot more important than I first thought.  If we missed that, and they scored one, we lose the season series...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 03:46:37 PMWe have the season series over Ottawa by 5 points... that last minute FG was a lot more important than I first thought.  If we missed that, and they scored one, we lose the season series...

Even in the event of a crossover it's irrelevant. A team that crosses over needs to have more points in the standing.

Now the game next week against Calgary, we do need to win by a greater number than we lost earlier. So we need to win by 4 or more to win the series.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

Quote from: theaardvark on July 06, 2024, 03:20:01 PMBandwagon open, ready for passengers.

Bring on the new Power Rankings, we should be at the top.

All joking aside, that was a gutsy performance last night, some stupid penalties were taken and even stupider ones called, and there was plenty of opportunity to give up.  But MOS and his crew kept their heads in the game, and Castillo, well, Mr. 50+ was electric.  WE shouldn't be proud of scoring 1 td and six FG, but the FG often came from a spot closer to Transcona than the goal posts.

How do the betting lines for the GC have WPG adn TOR the same to reach or win the GC? 1.5x CGY, 2x OTT and 4x EDM?  Want to sprinkle a little on the 0-4 Bombers... but the betting gods know that WPG is not your regular 0-4 team.

14-4 season can still win us the west. 

Have a link? (Betting lines)

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2024, 03:52:35 PMEven in the event of a crossover it's irrelevant. A team that crosses over needs to have more points in the standing.

Now the game next week against Calgary, we do need to win by a greater number than we lost earlier. So we need to win by 4 or more to win the series.
Yes, back to back must win games if we want to salvage our season. Lose to Calgary and we lose the season series and puts us behind the eight ball in the west and more likely need to cross over to east to get in playoffs.

Both games are at home, home crowd will be huge, win the next game and we take a huge step to salvaging our season

TBURGESS

Our season rests on the next 5 games: CGY, SKN, TOR, BC, BC. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 06, 2024, 06:18:59 PMOur season rests on the next 5 games: CGY, SKN, TOR, BC, BC.

Wow, that's scary, the offence is going to have to be firing on more than 2 cylinders to win those games.  Sask. and T.O. have weak QB's but decent defences, Zach will have to play well to beat them.

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 06, 2024, 06:18:59 PMOur season rests on the next 5 games: CGY, SKN, TOR, BC, BC.

Our season rests on the next 13 games.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 06, 2024, 03:42:38 PMStill, the games are entertaining. Gone are the days when we throw up 40 points and collect a win. Now we strive to get 200 yds passing and 25 points, but games are exciting, they're a battle and no game is a given.

When it comes to Bombers, give me 50-0 every day of the week!  I am very entertained when we dish out continuous beatdowns.

Games we're not involved in: I fully agree with you, beatdowns are boring.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Can't hitch a ride sorry been bandwagonning for a decade.

ichabod_crane

I can see 3 wins out of 5 here, maybe even 4 if Argos are going into the tank. Split with BC in home and home series. Da BOYZ are rounding into shape and finding their MOJO again like Austin Powers finally after a long wake-up call to the season! ;) Defence better than I expected, Castillo bombing the kicks. Special teams at least good on coverage and returns are half decent. No game breaker yet on returns yet, but has potential.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 07, 2024, 05:06:05 AMWhen it comes to Bombers, give me 50-0 every day of the week!  I am very entertained when we dish out continuous beatdowns.

Games we're not involved in: I fully agree with you, beatdowns are boring.
We still give beat downs, but instead of points, its a phyical beat down. I am sure Strev and Brady were sore after the last game, but dang, I'll bet at least a half dozen Redblacks were in just as bad if not worse shape!!!