Can’t Add Tickets to Apple Wallet

Started by gordo, July 04, 2024, 01:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

Quote from: BBRT on July 04, 2024, 07:46:57 PMWhat he said!! that worked for me on anything I stored in Apple Wallet. The very sad part is that my granddaughter had to show this to me! ;D

*she ;)

peg_city

I was having difficult adding my tickets to the wallet for the pre-season and searched the app store and there is a new Bomber app. The old Bomber app had Matt Nichols when accessing your account (if you are unsure if you are using the old one).

gordo

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on July 04, 2024, 07:39:25 PMTry turning your phone the landscape way. I have the same issue of not seeing the add to wallet button but it shows up when I turn my iPhone.
Thanks. Would have been nice but didn't work. The Blue Bomber app only displays in portrait for me no matter how I turn the phone. My phone is not locked to it. I can view this forum in landscape.

TecnoGenius

There might be something wrong with your wallet then, and the BB app is checking with the wallet API first and would only show you the option if the wallet was able to accept your ticket.

Instead of focusing on the BB app, try focusing on making sure your wallet is 100% A-OK, even if it does work for other things.  Maybe reinstall that thing, or make sure it's updated, and check the settings in it to accept what it needs to.

Also, if the BB app isn't working, try doing it from the BB/TM website?

I've never used wallet on my Android, and I don't have iOS, but I am a programmer of mobile apps!  So those would be my guesses.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

About using a picture: I take back what I said.  I looked at the scrolly-ticket thingy again and it updates every few secs (5-10?), meaning that they are time-coding the barcode.  So the image embeds the current time and the scanner checks that time against what it thinks the time is and they have to be close enough before they green light you.

Any pic of the ticket will by definition have a timecode from >10s ago and thus not work.  Pretty smart, actually.

So it's not the scrolly thingy that stops things (though the staff is probably trained to look for it as a sign of things are "working"), it's the embedded timecode.

(Nerd thought experiment: if you're using your phone wallet, and your phone has incorrect time (say you fudged it somehow and turned off NTP-like things), will your ticket still work?  Doubt it.  The website ticket doesn't have that problem as it's using server-time not phone-time.)
Never go full Rider!

wpg#1

Everyone should double check to see if your tickets are loading. I use the Bomber app to get my tickets, had a problem last game loading ( but they eventually did ). I thought I'd try today to make sure they loaded on my screen, and nothing !! So I called the Bombers and they helped me out.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

The Zipp

Quote from: wpg#1 on July 05, 2024, 04:24:29 PMEveryone should double check to see if your tickets are loading. I use the Bomber app to get my tickets, had a problem last game loading ( but they eventually did ). I thought I'd try today to make sure they loaded on my screen, and nothing !! So I called the Bombers and they helped me out.

Just tried and mine are not loading...what did the bombers do for you?

The Zipp

Deleted my app - reinstalled, took me two attempts at "try again" and they loaded and I was able to add to apple wallet

wpg#1

Quote from: The Zipp on July 05, 2024, 07:22:10 PMJust tried and mine are not loading...what did the bombers do for you?
I called them, they said there were issues with ticketmaster. They texted me my tickets so I could bring them up on my phone.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

wpg#1

Quote from: The Zipp on July 05, 2024, 07:32:06 PMDeleted my app - reinstalled, took me two attempts at "try again" and they loaded and I was able to add to apple wallet

I deleted mine twice, that still didn't work. I hope they solve this for next week.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Don't forget that if the wallet or app isn't working, you can always access the TM website at any time as a backup if you're really stuck when you get to the gates.

The '23 portal link no longer works (I use a bookmark), you have to use the new account manager, which isn't always easy to find:

https://am.ticketmaster.com/bombers/

My tickets all worked great today, and ST staff were superb adding a 3rd ticket to my package for me.  My 5yo daughter came to her first game of the season, and Bombers picked a great time to pull out a win!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

We were at the gate just after 6 (going for the Pinnacle pre-game ribs), and my buddy had forgotten to download the tickets at home where he has great WIFI. 

So we are sitting there, waiting for them to download, and who do I see talking to fans? 

Wade. 

So, when he finished, I get his attention and ask "Is there something wrong with the WIFI?" He says "No, why?"

So I explain we have been sitting for a while waiting for tickets to download, and he asks"Where are your seats", and I say "Pinnacle", and he opens up the fence, and has his associate take us through the gate and to the wrist band people without even scanning our tickets.

While we were in line for our ribs, his phone pings "Tickets downloaded".  Lol.

Good customer service though, have to give Kudo's to Wade again.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.