Gets hurt
2 (11.1%)
Plays most games but has limited impact
4 (22.2%)
Mostly contributes as a returner
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blue In BC

Just pointing out that his previous role and spot on the roster was taken by Bailey. When he went to the Lions he was more of a deep threat speed receiver. However the Lions had a group of taller receivers, so his role here would be different IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

We need someone who can read zones and know when to clear and when to sit. Hopefully he still has the speed to challenge vertically. He's a fun guy who will fit in and hopefully can stay healthy. He's not a season saver or something but he could have a good year if everything goes right, considering the holes we have and the touches have to go somewhere.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 02, 2024, 02:31:25 PMWe need someone who can read zones and know when to clear and when to sit. Hopefully he still has the speed to challenge vertically. He's a fun guy who will fit in and hopefully can stay healthy. He's not a season saver or something but he could have a good year if everything goes right, considering the holes we have and the touches have to go somewhere.

Maybe off field Lucky can serve as a needed distraction from the team's on-field activity the way he did in BC, kids love him.  Unfortunately Wpg.'s grisled football fans are more sophisticated and demanding and won't be appeased by a warm smile.

theaardvark

We will need to get a half dozen various forms of transport to get him to the games in his "style"... no Pogo sticks or skateboards, please, last thing we'd need is a non football injury.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

He is a legit returner, so in that aspect, I expect him to have an immediate an much needed impact

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on July 02, 2024, 05:28:56 PMHe is a legit returner, so in that aspect, I expect him to have an immediate an much needed impact

Chris Smith is doing fine returning.  Lucky had his ups and downs in the return game.  We remember the Ohhh's but forget the Awwws...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blueforlife

Quote from: theaardvark on July 02, 2024, 06:54:14 PMChris Smith is doing fine returning.  Lucky had his ups and downs in the return game.  We remember the Ohhh's but forget the Awwws...

I would stick with Smith, looks good, some interesting pole results.  Pretty even on options I presented.

DM83

Well Lucky would be our most feared receiver, just because of his hair and speed.. positive guy.
Agreed Chris Smith seems very, very good,

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 02, 2024, 06:54:14 PMChris Smith is doing fine returning.  Lucky had his ups and downs in the return game.  We remember the Ohhh's but forget the Awwws...

Smith basically has 2 starts (if you count the PS) so we have a very limited sample set.

Never hurts to have 2 return-legit guys dressed.  Lots of situations you might want to put both back to return.
Never go full Rider!