Mike O'Shea / Walters has let this team/fans down

Started by boscoe, June 07, 2024, 05:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on June 08, 2024, 12:46:25 AMIt's not knee jerk.

It's the definition of knee-jerk. It's one game.

Take a deep breath or two before logging in next time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Foxhound

Quote from: dd on June 07, 2024, 10:09:08 PMWell Chandler Worthy is a ton better than anything we have currently fielding punts and kicks, and its killing our field position game.

Chandler Worthy is also a very good receiver. I've had him in my Fantasy lineup when he was with the Argonauts. I remember that the last time was when the Argos were playing two games in one week and he got me a bundle of points in the first game. I was rubbing my hands with glee and then he wasn't dressed for the second game! Groan.

>:(

Radically Canadian!

blueraid

Injuries starting to pile up and at a time when we can ill afford it....Garbutt
now Kelly ouch...Besides that there is something definitely missing with this club so far this year....Nobody is driving off the ball like we used to ....the offence looks unco-ordinated ....and we have definite obvious holes in the D.....The least this management could do is bring in a credible return man after letting one walk....Worthy is definitely out there and if no attempt is made to at least have a look at him, then we are in a lot more trouble than first thought...Hanging on to a player like Chris Smith (unproven) when there is a viable option out there is not good management....Starting deep in our end kick after kick after kick all game is not a recipe for success

pdirks67

It's Game 1 of 18. The defence, surprisingly, looked serviceable. Collaros looked like he had a heavy layer of offseason rust - the WD40 will be applied this week and he will look better against Ottawa.

The part of the team I had the most confidence in - our offensive skill players - did nothing. They'll improve.

If we play like this in Games 2-6, we've got a major problem. Until then, I trust the Manitoba Mafia to clean things up.

Blue In BC

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 09, 2024, 05:03:38 PMIt's Game 1 of 18. The defence, surprisingly, looked serviceable. Collaros looked like he had a heavy layer of offseason rust - the WD40 will be applied this week and he will look better against Ottawa.

The part of the team I had the most confidence in - our offensive skill players - did nothing. They'll improve.

If we play like this in Games 2-6, we've got a major problem. Until then, I trust the Manitoba Mafia to clean things up.

Our veterans still nearly no reps in pre season. A few were also very limited in pre season. You made some valid points about what it looks like going forward.

I'm more concerned about injuries at this point. However we'll see if Bighil gets activate and how that impacts the game. Losing Lawler right off the bat is unfortunate but other teams have similar issues.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

4 losses in a row is not the definition of kneejerk, but I agree, far too early to start calling for Walters and OShea's heads.

It is time for a win, for sure.  Ottawa should be prime for the picking.  Season opening bye, new QB, lots of new faces, and a severely PO'd Bomber team coming into town.

I'll take the Bombers
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

peg_city

I wonder how BC feels giving up 35 points to a back up quaterback.

And they are the analysts pick to win the Grey Cup.

ichabod_crane

Argo's Dukes looked half decent in the game in Winnipeg last year when they sat Kelly. He has some tools for sure. Kelly may be out of a job by the time he gets reinstated! From MOP to the outhouse! ;)

Blueforlife

Quote from: theaardvark on June 10, 2024, 06:35:33 PM4 losses in a row is not the definition of kneejerk, but I agree, far too early to start calling for Walters and OShea's heads.

It is time for a win, for sure.  Ottawa should be prime for the picking.  Season opening bye, new QB, lots of new faces, and a severely PO'd Bomber team coming into town.

I'll take the Bombers

It's a new season, 1 loss and this panic thread and some of its responses are the definition of knee jerk.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 10, 2024, 06:35:33 PM4 losses in a row is not the definition of kneejerk, but I agree, far too early to start calling for Walters and OShea's heads.

I'll take the Bombers

2 of the losses were pre-season games that our veterans didn't play. Winning in pre season is not the goal used to evaluate the season.
2019 Grey Cup Champions