Warning to Blue Bombers about the obstructed signs - another screw up

Started by boscoe, June 07, 2024, 05:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscoe

So the installers came back to make it right but did they? It looks like for some sections the obstruction was removed but all they did was literally cut the sign which reduces it by 12 inches and put in new screws in the middle of the panel to keep it onto the concrete ( no more brackets)

The problem is if they keep going along doing this (which they may have realized as it stops around mid field) they realize they will cut actual advertising or player names/#/grey cup titles.

Plus they put so many bolts and screws there is no way you can add a sign onto the platform due to the placement of the signs.

If I were the Blue Bombers they should inspect the changes and get this resolved as they will be left scrambling in the future when they actually want to use the space on the signs.

TecnoGenius

Did they really do something that fast?  The word from WFC on the other thread was they wouldn't have a fix in place for this game.  So I'd hold off to see what they actually implement as a solution.  If they got something done in time for this game, also, then kudos to them for trying for a partial fix!

I did scope out with the binoculars what you guys are talking about, from across the way.  I can see the issue now.

I guess they figured that the railings were already obstructive, and thus adding signage on them wouldn't make anything more obstructed??  Ya, clearly they didn't actually sit there and try to watch a game.

However, like you hint at, what solution can they offer?  There's nowhere to put all that stuff!  Now I'm trying to remember what it looked like before... what is taking up the extra space now?
Never go full Rider!

boscoe

I'm not sure of the process but they trimmed off the top up to a point where they may have said of crap if we do this down the line we will cut off top of the print that's on the boards.

I doubt they are going back to the ones they trimmed to do more adjustments.

I'm just warning the bombers to keep an eye on the crew so it doesnt bite them in the butt further down the road.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: boscoe on June 07, 2024, 01:54:21 PMI'm not sure of the process but they trimmed off the top up to a point where they may have said of crap if we do this down the line we will cut off top of the print that's on the boards.

I doubt they are going back to the ones they trimmed to do more adjustments.

I'm just warning the bombers to keep an eye on the crew so it doesnt bite them in the butt further down the road.

Age old dilemma in the construction industry and huge time and money waster.  Client trusts the contractor to execute his vision without a clear understanding of the logistics involved, and the contractor assigns the task to a bunch of monkeys to figure out how to execute it, who generally do their best with the tools,  instructions and lack of supervision provided.  When asked "how would you do it better?", nobody has a precise enough answer. 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 07, 2024, 10:52:31 PMClassic fail make it right

They said they would between game 1 and 3.  Give them time!
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 08, 2024, 02:56:27 AMThey said they would between game 1 and 3.  Give them time!
Yes but based on what was reported here off to a bad start