Main Menu

New covid vaccine

Started by Pigskin, October 03, 2023, 10:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Apparently one high school in the St. James has a large breakout of Covid. Many of the student and their family's have been infected. My niece was feeling ill on Friday morning and did not go to school. Saturday morning both of her parent where ill. Headache, stomach issues, and sore throat. They all tested positive for covid. My niece and her father are up to date on there covid and flu shots, and felt much better Tuesday morning. Mom on the other hand is not up to date on her covid vaccine and she is still having a very difficult time.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Marni

I got Covid for the first time coming home from Mexico, I've had two more shots than my husband and took paxlovid, zero symptoms after 1 day on meds and negative 6 days later! It's been a month now and my husband still has issues!
You are what happened when I wished upon a star  :-*

theaardvark

Quote from: Marni on February 22, 2024, 02:57:59 PMI got Covid for the first time coming home from Mexico, I've had two more shots than my husband and took paxlovid, zero symptoms after 1 day on meds and negative 6 days later! It's been a month now and my husband still has issues!

When I got COVID (fully VAXed at the time) I took Paxlovid and had basically no symptoms other than making the test bar go red.  A little fever, a little headache, some muscle pain, but nothing worse than the mildest flu I've had. 

Did get the dreaded Paxlovid rebound infection, a few days later.  Couple days of negative tests and then back to positive for 5 days with zero symptoms.

I occasionally have rough days, which I blame on long-COVID, but I know its just me aging and not taking proper care of myself...

Sad that the Novavax updated vaccine does not seem to be available anywhere, will have to take the pFizer  XBB.1.5 update next month I guess
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

33% of the Doctors in Manitoba are over 65. That's just a crazy number.

Pigskin

Well, my wife has received a limited amount of the  new covid vaccine, so it looks like next week there will be a  family vaccination day just before the school  begins.   

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on August 22, 2024, 05:39:53 PMWell, my wife has received a limited amount of the  new covid vaccine, so it looks like next week there will be a  family vaccination day just before the school  begins.   

Which brand?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

First Lung Cancer vaccine trail, powered by Covid mRNA technology. Lung cancer is the biggest killer worldwide. 

theaardvark

Looks like Manitoba Health wants to roll out the new 1.1.5b vaccines with the fall flu virus vaccine.  I was looking for the Novavax updated version, and was told it would be available without a prescription this fall, or if I got a Drs. prescription, they could order it for me.

Novavax is a non mRNA vaccine for those scared of the mRNA idea.  I'm not, have had 3 mRNA jabs so far, but I would like the "hybrid vigor" that comes by using different vaccine brands and modalities.

And yes, as a person at risk, I will update my vaccine at the earliest opportunity.  I've had it once, and thanks to vaccines and paxlovid, I was pretty much symptom free.  And I want to stay that way.

Pigskin

Shingles vaccine 3 weeks ago, Covid last week, Tetanus this week. I think my wife is enjoying this.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on September 04, 2024, 08:33:29 PMShingles vaccine 3 weeks ago, Covid last week, Tetanus this week. I think my wife is enjoying this.

What, no flu shot yet?  Are you feeling like a voodoo doll?

My daughter just tested positive on Sunday, got her Paxlovid right away and she's miserable but not dying.  Testing every day, waiting for that dreaded second line to show up.  Was trying to get my Novavax booster, and they all said I'd have to wait until the flu shot comes for it to come back into stock. I'll be so upset if I get it again.  Paxlovid works great, but that metal taste is nasty.  Better than dying, though.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on September 04, 2024, 10:13:48 PMWhat, no flu shot yet?  Are you feeling like a voodoo doll?

My daughter just tested positive on Sunday, got her Paxlovid right away and she's miserable but not dying.  Testing every day, waiting for that dreaded second line to show up.  Was trying to get my Novavax booster, and they all said I'd have to wait until the flu shot comes for it to come back into stock. I'll be so upset if I get it again.  Paxlovid works great, but that metal taste is nasty.  Better than dying, though.

Flu shot in December. Shoulder needs a break. But, with that said. My sister-in-law got Shingles. It was nasty. She was in a lot of pain.

Pigskin

Covid going through my nieces high school like wild fire.