2024 Free Agency Signings/Transactions (Other CFL Teams)

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2024, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on April 10, 2024, 04:01:31 PMShawn Lemon retires...

Smart move.  He had a great run.  He did get that 100th sack near the end of the season, right?

He's a nice dude and all, but I'll always partly hate him for destroying Matt Nichols' career with the Lemonation in the middle of 2019.  (I think that was Bryant's whiff, too... grrrrumble...)  His arm never recovered.  What could have been for Matty Ice had he been healthy for all of '19...

On the other hand, if you love Zach and had no faith in Matty, go buy Lemon some hard lemonade, because he's the reason for it all!

8)  8)  :o  :o
Never go full Rider!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: TecnoGenius on April 11, 2024, 07:10:05 AMOn the other hand, if you love Zach and had no faith in Matty, go buy Lemon some hard lemonade, because he's the reason for it all!
8)  8)  :o  :o

I'm buying a round for Simoni Lawrence and Darian Durant too.
Simoni hit Zach with a filthy head shot in game 1 of 2019 when he played in his last game with the Riders. Sask could clearly see that was a career ending injury and dealt him to Toronto in September.
Durant took a $70,000 signing bonus from the Bombers and retired just before training camp in 2018, leaving the Bombers #2 QB position up for grabs. If Durant actually showed up Chris Streveler may have never seen the field.

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on April 19, 2024, 04:43:41 AMBit early for achilles injures... that's some bad luck.  I wish him well.  OTT just can't catch a break, eh?  Time for them to go couch hunting.

Ott seems to like our former players, Greg McCrae is still out there, right?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on April 29, 2024, 12:38:57 PMOtt seems to like our former players, Greg McCrae is still out there, right?

I don't recall McCrae getting picked up by anyone... I'm pretty sure he's couch-sitting right now.  If nothing sparks at WR in TC we could do worse than bring him back.  I have a feeling that if any team gets the injury bug they'll have his number on the short list.

I just watched the '23 CGY game where he got the super TD and FG return.  He's a decent, not great, dual threat.  More than capable as the 5th target, and can fill in if your RB gets injured.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on April 30, 2024, 02:43:30 AMI don't recall McCrae getting picked up by anyone... I'm pretty sure he's couch-sitting right now.  If nothing sparks at WR in TC we could do worse than bring him back.  I have a feeling that if any team gets the injury bug they'll have his number on the short list.

I just watched the '23 CGY game where he got the super TD and FG return.  He's a decent, not great, dual threat.  More than capable as the 5th target, and can fill in if your RB gets injured.

Technically we don't know whether McCrae decided to move on from football. He could have been signed by anybody to compete in TC.

I don't think he's an in season signing. Every team has a dozen or more rookie receivers and several will be retained on their PR's.

Essentially if you aren't moving up a teams depth chart, you're moving out IMO.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 13, 2024, 02:21:03 PMDL Laurent retires: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/05/12/two-time-cfl-all-star-ted-laurent-announces-retirement/

Possibly another HoFer?  He's 36(!!).  He sure gave HAM a ratio-buster at DT for his 7 years.  I hope HAM gives him a good send-off at a game this year.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 08, 2024, 09:35:34 PMMy guess is future HoFer.  Manny show dance.

Manny should have hung it up many years ago. I think Sask picked him up off the scrap heap when the Lions never resigned him some years go. Brought him in for a veteran presence I guess.