Andrew Harris to sign one day contract to retire a Bomber.

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, April 05, 2024, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Good backup for BO20... but I don't think he makes it out of TC.

Wonder how much signing bonus he got?  $70k?

; ;D  :P  ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blueforlife

TecnoGenius

Check my avatar.  I don't know when I'll retire it, but it won't be for a while.

AH33 is my Bomber hero and a BFL.  Nothing better than him coming home to retire, and getting every single accolade he is due.

Without AH33 we have none of those cups and we'd still be getting eliminated in WSFs to this very day.

I got your back Andrew!!!  Woooooooooh!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

For anyone that hasn't listened to the Podcast who may want to attend his retirement party and the debut screening of the feature length documentary about his life. 

Limited tickets are available.

https://www.showpass.com/runningbackrelentless/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Details.

Saturday April 27, 2024
PRINCESS AUTO
Presents

ANDREW HARRIS in
RUNNING BACK RELENTLESS

Join us on the red-carpet for the VIP Premiere Screening & Official Retirement Party

Meet and greet with 2 complimentary drinks, complimentary hor d'oeuvres and candy bar, along with a cash bar and 360 Photo Booth.

In support of The Samantha Mason Foundation and in partnership with ServcoCanada.

18+ Event

Price

$79 - $100

The Metropolitan Entertainment Centre
180 Donald St

Important Info

Ages 18+No Outside Food or DrinkValid Government Issued ID Required

Sounds like the place to be, likely many of the current Bombers will be in attendance.

Blue In BC

Great news. He was a special player and all round guy. I hope the city and Bombers find a way to do something special. A new car or a trip somewhere with his family. I feel this is more important due to him being a local kid and obviously a Canadian.

The celebration kind of award is great but I'm hoping we go big on the idea.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Only appropriate
Glad him and the club quickly soothed things over.
We had a shading Blue Bomber.
Ring in honour shoe in.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Good to see this happen, for everyone involved.

Lincoln Locomotive

He was one of the Bomber greats, up there with the best of them!  He was instrumental in our winning back to back Cups!   Welcome back Andrew!!
Bomber fan for life

DM83

Someone get him a job.  The head coach of a junior football team doesn't pay too much, ( don't believe.)  Great to want to give back, but....not a realistic future, for too many, coaching junior football.

So proud of his accomplishments on the field.  I can even say we are both Oak Park Alumni! How bout we actually try and sign him as a back up here.  We need a back up RB/ SB. Plus we know he can block.

dd

Quote from: DM83 on April 07, 2024, 11:37:52 PMSomeone get him a job.  The head coach of a junior football team doesn't pay too much, ( don't believe.)  Great to want to give back, but....not a realistic future, for too many, coaching junior football.

So proud of his accomplishments on the field.  I can even say we are both Oak Park Alumni! How bout we actually try and sign him as a back up here.  We need a back up RB/ SB. Plus we know he can block.
I dunno, maybe he doesn't want a 'job', I think being involved with the youthfulness, energy and excitement of junior football and helping mould and develop players is exactly what he needs as he retires from the game. For some, it helps them 'thank' the game for what it did for them and helps them transition to retirement. Good on him for doing this

blue_gold_84

CFL and Blue Bomber legend. I'm really looking forward to his documentary.

The official article for anyone who's interested: https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/04/05/andrew-harris-set-to-officially-retire-as-a-bomber/
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.