Bryant Re-signed.

Started by ModAdmin, January 16, 2024, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Stanley Bryant re-signed to a one year deal. More to follow.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers agree to terms with four-time CFL Most Outstanding Lineman Stanley Bryant

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year extension with future hall of fame left tackle, Stanley Bryant. Bryant was scheduled to become a free agent in February.

Bryant (6-5, 319, East Carolina University; born: May 7, 1986, in Goldsboro, N.C.) returns in 2024 for his 9th season with the Blue Bombers and 14th in the Canadian Football League, including his days with the Calgary Stampeders (2010-14).

The most-decorated offensive lineman in Canadian Football League history, Bryant is a four-time winner of the CFL Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award (2017, 2018, 2021, 2022) and a seven-time CFL All-Star.

Now 37, Bryant was steady again in 2023 and was named a West Division All-Star in the process ? his eighth nomination ? and was a key figure in a Blue Bombers offence that finished first in the CFL in scoring while helping Brady Oliveira earn his first rushing title.

Bryant began his CFL career with the Stampeders in 2010 and was twice named that club?s top offensive lineman. He signed with the Blue Bombers as a free agent in 2015 and has been honoured as the team?s Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman six times (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022).

Over the course of his CFL career, Bryant has suited up for 203 games - including 170 with the Blue Bombers - and has started in all of them.  Over the course of his CFL career, Bryant has suited up for 203 games - including 170 with the Blue Bombers - and has started in all of them.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Top LT in the CFL. Welcome back.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Our OL is the heart of our club.  Been dominant for half a decade.  Very happy to see.

GOLDMEMBER

Nothing wrong with being his returning HOFer
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

My biggest fear after the Grey Cup was that he'd retire. Great news.
My wife is amazing!

3rdand1.5

Do we think Richmond can fill in the other tackle spot or do we find the money for Hardrick?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on January 17, 2024, 05:51:53 PM
Do we think Richmond can fill in the other tackle spot or do we find the money for Hardrick?

Re-watched the GC last week and Hardrick had some atrocious gaffes, can't see Richmond filling his shoes but wouldn't surprise me if Bryant is still a Bomber after Hardrick is gone.  Stanley may play forever.

dd

Great news. This rumbling of gray replacing Bryant at tackle was freaking me out, surely Stanley will be back and now he his. Awesome. I bet Zack Collaros is happy as well, his blind side is sealed/taken care of.

TecnoGenius

Most of the OL took turns screwing up in the GC.  I didn't notice Yoshi in particular, but I'll watch again.  Some of it is scheme, remember.  Yoshi has other (i.e. downfield) assignments on run, screen and quick pass plays.  There were a lot of times the pass rushers didn't bite on the play action nor get fooled by which way Zach was rolling out.  A lot depends on them biting on the action.

MTL out OL'd us in that game, that's for sure.  They out-Bombered the Bombers, with all the TE/FB and SB help coming in making it 6,7,8 maxpro on many pass downs.  It was like opposite day.

Signing Big Stan is Big News... however, I did call it a week ago... no way he was leaving.  Same with Yoshi, assuming he graded well enough to be desirable, which he must since he was league best MO-OL.  Why not keep both?

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on January 17, 2024, 05:51:53 PM

Richmond either sucks or we're playing the uber-long dev game with him... I watched the '23 pre-season game the other day and he was stinking up the joint!  Doesn't mean he can't become the next Stan... but he sure hasn't been in every live snap he's gotten so far.
Never go full Rider!