Paul Boudreau

Started by bwiser, January 04, 2024, 12:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 04, 2024, 05:31:44 AM
Bombers used to be the most creative ST team in the league, haven't seen a hint of creativity the past two seasons.

2?  The last time we were creative on ST Fogg and Leggett were on the team.

Quote from: Jesse on January 04, 2024, 12:06:32 PM
Perhaps it's a case of no longer needing to do it, but it's something I miss.

Yup, you guys nailed it on everything I could have added.  Bad teams need the tricks.  Good teams just win by the book.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 04, 2024, 02:10:06 PM
I don't mind a change there but the "lack of creativity" probably should fall on O'Shea's lap, if you want to blame anyone. Special teams coaches don't choose when to employ fake punts, etc.

100% MOS.  Blame Boudreau for a lot, like the '22 GC loss, but not for any lack of creativity when it comes to wacky gambles.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on January 04, 2024, 05:03:57 PM
Wouldnt be surprized if we dont replace him, with the operations cap likely was the only way to retain the rest of the staff. O'Shea might take over. Wouldnt be as difficult as other teams ie elks where jones is dc or Riders Mace .

Quote from: Pete on January 05, 2024, 09:59:47 PM
OShea also believes that coaches should be paid  for success, with the operations cap that limits the options considerably

You guys are so smart!  We all wondered where the extra money was going to come from for KW and Buck to both be retained, when it was pretty obvious their pay had to go up.  Voila, Boudreau is hosed.  There's your money.  As a 6 year vet Boudreau would have been earning decent money, even if only getting tiny bumps every year.

Hey... wacky idea: if we want Mike Miller to be STC, but there's no money in coaches SMS for it... why not keep Miller as a player on his normal salary and make him de facto STC?  Voila: more money for KW+Buck and our new STC still gets paid.  The best part is, he can play as well as coordinate (and it won't matter to the SMS if he gets injured!).

Quote from: Dodge and Burn on January 05, 2024, 05:36:49 PM
I would laugh if little Dickey came back into this role.  :D

I would hire Craig in a heartbeat to be our STC, but he'd have to come cheaper than Boudreau and there's no way that's happening.  It is a funny thought, though!  SSK fans would go mental on Craig when we visit there for LDC.

BTW for those thinking MOS: no way MOS does any STC on his own, he's learned to be a true delegator.  He's busy enough on the sidelines keeping everything in check, no way he has time to mess around every 5-10 snaps coordinating a kick/punt.  Someone else, no matter how junior, will have to be in charge.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Bob Dyce. Cheap can live in his own house.

LXTSN

Quote from: Pigskin on January 05, 2024, 08:44:01 PM
I could see Mike Miller retiring and working with MOS as our new ST coach.
Nice call! I think this is a great move.
Miller was pretty banged up the last couple years.
One of the best to ever do it!

Pigskin

Quote from: LXTSN on January 08, 2024, 02:19:49 PM
Nice call! I think this is a great move.
Miller was pretty banged up the last couple years.
One of the best to ever do it!

I think with a little help from MOS, he will turn into a pretty good coach. Glad he is still with the Bombers. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Miller is going to be a good coach, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.