On Jordan Younger

Started by ModAdmin, January 11, 2024, 12:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

"It means a lot to follow good leaders." - Ed Tait

...."It definitely is different and could have been awkward depending on the type of relationship you have with the person and the level of trust that is there," Younger said. "For me, Richie Hall has been an incredible mentor as far as helping me to learn aspects of the game I didn't know and trusting me with certain situations and input as far as the coverages we ran and how things worked in the back end of our defence.

"Under no circumstances was I ever going to try and push Richie Hall out of a job. Richie has been around a long time and has a wealth of knowledge and experience. He's in a situation where he could choose to say yes or no. For me stepping into this role the most important thing was making sure Richie was OK. It was really important for me that he stayed and be a part of the staff. Selfishly, I wanted that. We're fortunate. One of Richie Hall's greatest qualities is his humility and the grace he's handled this with me is outstanding. I'm very appreciative of that.

"Richie always treats his staff like we work with each other and not necessarily for him and I plan to continue that," he added. "Richie always had the final say, but we never operated it as a stiff hierarchy. Everybody's input mattered and as long as you could articulate the 'what' and the 'why', it was on the table. He may or may not use it that week or that season, but Richie always respected everyone's input."....

More on Jordan Younger here.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

Great article and impressive remarks from Jordan.....I feel we're in great hands with regards to our  our overall leadership from the top down.
Bomber fan for life