Why is TOR good?

Started by TecnoGenius, October 20, 2023, 11:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: Cool Spot on October 30, 2023, 02:01:23 AM
Since I started watching football in 1988, they are 7-0 in Grey Cups, defeating every single western team:

* 1991 (against Calgary)
* 1996 (against Edmonton)
* 1997 (against Sask)
* 2004 (as an underdog against BC)
* 2012 (as an underdog against Calgary)
* 2017 (as an underdog against Calgary)
* 2022 (as an underdog against Winnipeg)

I agree that whenever they get there, they seem to have this uncanny ability to win.
No team is that good unless they are built properly like the Eskimos (Elks) were, Allouettes were, and Bombers are now. In those cases you tend to see what can be described as "Dynasties". The Toronto thing is a sick, "It's good for league", "The league needs a champoinship team in Toronto", kind of CFL marketing ploy to add credibility to a league that suffers from a self-imposed identity crisis. This league would be just fine without Toronto who doesn't even care about the CFL. I know, I live here. IMO, the best thing this league could do is put a team or two in the Maritimes and quit forcing Toronto to accept a team and league it doesn't want. Were this to happen and the league carried on without the Argos for a few years they might just realize what they've lost and begin to support their franchise, maybe. Sadly, the mentality here among the fans is that like the Leafs and Raptors, they want an American professional football (NFL) team here and they'll always consider the Argos beneath them because they are just so gosh-darned world-class.
Go Bombers!

dd

And this is truly sad, as the oldest team in the cfl is sadly.....the Argos. So the oldest team in the league plays in a city so ?big league? it doesn?t even care about the league they started.... sad indeed