Calgary at BC

Started by Jesse, October 21, 2023, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

I still expect to see BC here in Winnipeg. Calgary played well and BC didn't last night but when they play Calgary on November 4th I think you will see a much more motivated Lions team. I think the Lions came out flat last night because they knew that even if they won it was still a longshot to get first.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on October 21, 2023, 01:52:18 PM
I still expect to see BC here in Winnipeg. Calgary played well and BC didn't last night but when they play Calgary on November 4th I think you will see a much more motivated Lions team. I think the Lions came out flat last night because they knew that even if they won it was still a longshot to get first.

I'm not sure about that. Every team has known the Lions are weak against the run and have little run game of their own. Their passing game is not a controlled type of offence, it's a big play game. That can work but it has many flaws as well. Losing TOP and field position are a couple of problems. The other possibly more of a problem is it could be an issue in cold and / or bad weather.

The Stamps didn't have much of a passing attack but did run for over 200 yards. The Stamps will be hard pressed to finish in 3rd but if the Riders lose this week then it could come down to winning against the Bombers in a game where we'll be playing back  ups on the road.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see the Stamps win a WSF in Vancouver.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

BC came out flat and Calgary killed them. BC gave up at the half and Calgary completed the rout.

We decide next week if we want Calgary or Regina to play against BC in BC. Either way, I still expect a Wpg/BC WF.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 21, 2023, 03:15:34 PM
BC came out flat and Calgary killed them. BC gave up at the half and Calgary completed the rout.

We decide next week if we want Calgary or Regina to play against BC in BC. Either way, I still expect a Wpg/BC WF.

If Sask. doesn't win today against the Argos, it's over and the Stamps get the last playoff spot.

Jesse

It's possible that BC comes out in the Semi-Final ready to go....

....but they haven't looked good in a while. They have no running game and don't even pretend anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if Calgary upsets them.
My wife is amazing!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 21, 2023, 03:33:29 PM
If Sask. doesn't win today against the Argos, it's over and the Stamps get the last playoff spot.
That will be a long shot at best....the Riders are a pathetic team at this point with a "deadman walking" coach.....TO is very deep with talent, perhaps the deepest in the CFL.    I'd be surprised if it's even close...
Bomber fan for life

TBURGESS

True dat
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Waffler

I would still favor BC to win the semi at home. The indoor venue favors passing. Also very hard to beat the same team twice in a row. The wild card is Adams. Will he be healthy enough by then?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

dd

Well the riders ain?t beating the argos today you can bank on that!!

PurpleReign

Quote from: dd on October 21, 2023, 06:56:09 PM
Well the riders ain?t beating the argos today you can bank on that!!

They said that about Calgary, no way they would beat BC, and look what happened. It?s the CFL anything can happen.

TecnoGenius

Yup, the only way SSK gets in is to beat TOR's 3rd stringers.  Not gonna happen.  Everyone expected CGY to win the 1 extra game vs WPG in the final week because in almost every scenario we'd be resting our starters.  But CGY went and pasted BC instead, saving everyone the trouble of worrying about the final week.

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 21, 2023, 07:13:32 PM
They said that about Calgary, no way they would beat BC, and look what happened. It?s the CFL anything can happen.

Ya, but a SSK win is really really no way no how not happening.  It would take a miracle of major proportions.  Craig has lost the room and the players don't care.  It's precisely the same as last year: a massive losing streak to end the season in shame.  CGY still has respect for themselves and the organization.  They didn't want to be the sad sacks breaking the 17 year playoff streak.

A TOR win, as much as I'd hate it, helps us as then CGY doesn't have to try in the final week and we can have our pro-bowl pinky-promise-no-injuries exhibition @McMahon.  Plus, a humiliating loss at home to 3rd stringers will force SSK's BoG and/or Pres to fire everyone, which is much needed.

Oh, I suppose TOR could throw the game on purpose if they want WPG to get beat up more before the GC... that is always a possibility.  But even with TOR trying to lose, SSK can probably find a way to lose bigly-er.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 21, 2023, 07:32:12 PM
Yup, the only way SSK gets in is to beat TOR's 3rd stringers.  Not gonna happen.  Everyone expected CGY to win the 1 extra game vs WPG in the final week because in almost every scenario we'd be resting our starters.  But CGY went and pasted BC instead, saving everyone the trouble of worrying about the final week.

Ya, but a SSK win is really really no way no how not happening.  It would take a miracle of major proportions.  Craig has lost the room and the players don't care.  It's precisely the same as last year: a massive losing streak to end the season in shame.  CGY still has respect for themselves and the organization.  They didn't want to be the sad sacks breaking the 17 year playoff streak.

A TOR win, as much as I'd hate it, helps us as then CGY doesn't have to try in the final week and we can have our pro-bowl pinky-promise-no-injuries exhibition @McMahon.  Plus, a humiliating loss at home to 3rd stringers will force SSK's BoG and/or Pres to fire everyone, which is much needed.

Oh, I suppose TOR could throw the game on purpose if they want WPG to get beat up more before the GC... that is always a possibility.  But even with TOR trying to lose, SSK can probably find a way to lose bigly-er.

A great prediction! Sask chokes late!

dd

Quote from: PurpleReign on October 21, 2023, 07:13:32 PM
Aaaaaaand the Argos beat the Riders.....