TiCats at Lions GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 26, 2023, 09:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 12:38:21 AM
But Evans is a headcase too, with all of his "my psychologist told me to tell myself I deserve to be here" psychobabble.  Ya, ok mental health in the workplace blah blah, but it's not a good look on the captain of the ship to inform the world about his therapist advice, diary entries, and navel-gazing.  You'll never see Zach do that.

BC: where headcase QBs go to fade away?

What do Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw and Dak Prescott have in common?

What's not a good look is "ok mental health in the workplace blah blah".

blue_gold_84

Quote from: ModAdmin on August 27, 2023, 03:31:59 PM
VAJ3 seems to get frustrated at times if plays don't work.  That doesn't help him or his team.

He gets rattled easily at times.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 28, 2023, 01:21:41 PM
Bull----. Leaders are regular people too and face the same challenges as anyone else. A leader that looks his peers in the eyes and tells them he's been struggling with something (mental health in this example) but has taken steps to overcome it is a sign of strength not weakness. There's no shame in telling someone you talk to a psychologist, whether you are a student, business person, quarterback or anything else.

This.

Shameful commentary to which you replied.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 12:38:21 AM
But Evans is a headcase too, with all of his "my psychologist told me to tell myself I deserve to be here" psychobabble.  Ya, ok mental health in the workplace blah blah, but it's not a good look on the captain of the ship to inform the world about his therapist advice, diary entries, and navel-gazing.  You'll never see Zach do that.

BC: where headcase QBs go to fade away?

Imo your post is offensive, dated and ignorant.

Mental health conversations are key in every aspect of life and having leaders at all levels of society be open about it is how we move forward.

Disappointed in you man.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 28, 2023, 01:21:41 PM
Bull----. Leaders are regular people too and face the same challenges as anyone else. A leader that looks his peers in the eyes and tells them he's been struggling with something (mental health in this example) but has taken steps to overcome it is a sign of strength not weakness. There's no shame in telling someone you talk to a psychologist, whether you are a student, business person, quarterback or anything else.
Thanks for this man.  Props.  The truth is presented above.

BBRT

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 28, 2023, 01:53:01 PM
Imo your post is offensive, dated and ignorant.

Mental health conversations are key in every aspect of life and having leaders at all levels of society be open about it is how we move forward.

Disappointed in you man.
Thanks for this man.  Props.  The trust is presented above.

Agree with your comments 100%

Blue In BC

Lions fans are really ticked at their coaching staff. Some even think Campbell should be gone. Others questioning strategies on both sides of the ball. One general sense is that their DL are too light an incapable of a consistent run stop ability. Light and fast is good for pressuring the QB but has other limitations.

I'm not liking their chances against the Als on the road.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2023, 03:40:36 PM
Lions fans are really ticked at their coaching staff. Some even think Campbell should be gone. Others questioning strategies on both sides of the ball. One general sense is that their DL are too light an incapable of a consistent run stop ability. Light and fast is good for pressuring the QB but has other limitations.

I'm not liking their chances against the Als on the road.

I for one think it's because they are dressing too many defensive lineman. :D Their coaches know nothing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 28, 2023, 04:02:06 PM
I for one think it's because they are dressing too many defensive lineman. :D Their coaches know nothing!

Coaches are always right according to you.

https://gfycat.com/crazyfairgoitered
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

BC is incredibly talented in certain areas and are fast. VA is fast, his release is fast, his passes arrive fast, his receivers are fast and can get behind coverage fast. The D-line is arguable the fastest in the CFL, they get to opposing QB's fast, they come off the edges faster than any other team does...and this speed had them rise to the top.

The issue is when you are really good at something all the teams you play spend countless hours trying to figure out how to beat it and exploit you. As we hit the mid-point of the season, BC is still a very good team and are still really fast, but teams are starting to figure out how to beat the speed they play with.

The question for BC is can they adapt and not just rely on speed can they evolve and keep other teams off guard like they did the first few weeks but without relying on speed. Additionally has VA matured enough as a player to calm his emotions and face adversity without it bringing him into a spiral...this is his fist losing streak on the West coast...how does he respond

Mtrl has a pretty good defence, I don't think VA would have rebounded as nicely as Zach did. The concern for Mtrl. is can they slow down BC's speed enough for Faj. to get the ball out, or do they have the ability to pound them like Butler did, BC has the talent to score offensively, can Mtrl?

Pete

BC should have no trouble with Montreal.  Montreals wins have all come over bottom three teams with the exception of Sask who was playing with Mason Fine and didnt really show up. They looked awful against us and barely beat Ottawa The only thing that may help Mtrl is if BC goes out partying the whole nite before

pjrocksmb

Quote from: BBRT on August 28, 2023, 03:19:05 PM
Agree with your comments 100%
Nice that folks stand up to the ridiculous comments some make on here.  Thanks man.  Tecno could delete his comment to show some class imo.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 28, 2023, 04:02:06 PM
This was pretty funny and the reply was as well.  That horse looks pretty beat up lol.  For the record both of you bring a wealth of knowledge to the forum, keep the debates going!!!