Ball looked pretty bad, lower body
Zach took so many hits but keep ticking, said would be sore
Nichols looked bad but got up and came back
Who am I missing?
Ball was the only injury I saw and it seems likely he's off to the 6 game IR. Looked like a serious ankle injury and that can take a long time to recover. Possibly season ending.
Nothing against Ball but I never noticed him playing on defence before this game.??
Ball spent 6 games on the IR already this season and was activated on 7/23 against the Stamps. So this was his 3rd game in 2026.
I was surprised to see him playing defence and am not quite sure what the thinking was about doing that. Obviously we lost Kramdi 3 games ago, but this appeared to be the 1st adjustment made for him to take a role on defence. What was the counter adjustment with someone having a different role?
The best I can come up with was having Smith noted as the starter at SAM.
Anyway I wish him a speedy recovery. No guarantees but I'd guess Stuart will be added from the PR. I suppose that depends on whether Kramdi might be ready but that doesn't appear probable.
Ball has surprised me, I figured he was TC fodder in his first TC, but he has had some great play on specials and clearly to the coaches earned his way onto the defence.
No idea if he will ever be every down player, but he could be our next Hallet or Cadwalder at worst I think....really bad luck on the timing of the injury, hopefully it's not a pattern for him as this looks like it could be his second visit to the 6 game.....
Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on August 15, 2026, 05:51:46 PMBall has surprised me, I figured he was TC fodder in his first TC, but he has had some great play on specials and clearly to the coaches earned his way onto the defence.
No idea if he will ever be every down player, but he could be our next Hallet or Cadwalder at worst I think....really bad luck on the timing of the injury, hopefully it's not a pattern for him as this looks like it could be his second visit to the 6 game.....
He was carried off, unable to put any weight on his leg. Definitely didn't look good.
Ball has got looks before but saw the field more yesterday, can't comment on how well he played
Really too bad with seasoning would be a good backup and rotational extra imo
Done for year is my guess :(
Quote from: Jesse on August 15, 2026, 06:35:33 PMHe was carried off, unable to put any weight on his leg. Definitely didn't look good.
Non contact and he was very upset, could be his achilles.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 15, 2026, 07:44:37 PMNon contact and he was very upset, could be his achilles.
More I hear worse it sounds :o
My cowbell is still recovering from the BC game.
Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on August 15, 2026, 05:51:46 PMNo idea if he will ever be every down player, but he could be our next Hallet or Cadwalder at worst I think....really bad luck on the timing of the injury, hopefully it's not a pattern for him as this looks like it could be his second visit to the 6 game.....
I think Ball is the next Kelly. Or if the stars align, Ford. I suppose if we sacrifice goats he could even be the next Dequoy. Too early to tell.
However, I too thought achilles when watching with binocs. I haven't watched on TV yet to see what hints we get there. But isn't this his 2nd big non-contact injury?? He was tub-bound much of last season, and off-season. Could be he's got Schoen-body, in which case his career may be over before it starts.
BinBC, the reason he was getting live D reps is (a) Kramdi's out and (b) everyone was buzzing about him in TC/PS. I totally agree: give the kid some looks.
Quote from: Tecno on August 16, 2026, 03:13:23 AMI think Ball is the next Kelly. Or if the stars align, Ford. I suppose if we sacrifice goats he could even be the next Dequoy. Too early to tell.
However, I too thought achilles when watching with binocs. I haven't watched on TV yet to see what hints we get there. But isn't this his 2nd big non-contact injury?? He was tub-bound much of last season, and off-season. Could be he's got Schoen-body, in which case his career may be over before it starts.
BinBC, the reason he was getting live D reps is (a) Kramdi's out and (b) everyone was buzzing about him in TC/PS. I totally agree: give the kid some looks.
Don't think Ball will ever match either Ford in athleticism but he was progressing quicker than many of his Cdn. piers, so pretty sad for him. Still not sure which position he was playing yesterday, it was either HB if Nichols was being rotated out, or Kramdi's low safety position. Kelly was also playing short and deep at different times, so they may have been bringing those 2 along ahead of their "ST for life" brothers.
Ball was an Achilles per the report. That sucks. Feels like it might be cutting short one of those late round against all odds draft pick kinda stories.
Practice today. I'm not expecting to hear that Kramdi or Griffin are practising so changes this week will be nominal.
I am still waiting for a few new bodies on the PR. Who they release to make room IDK. Another DB or 2 would help if we have injuries.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 18, 2026, 02:34:45 PMPractice today. I'm not expecting to hear that Kramdi or Griffin are practising so changes this week will be nominal.
I am still waiting for a few new bodies on the PR. Who they release to make room IDK. Another DB or 2 would help if we have injuries.
Why do you expect new bodies to appear all of a sudden when no starting player of significance has been injured recently? PR vacancies will be filled with bubble players as others get healthy and come off the injury lists. Some players might be disturbed to learn they're on the bubble.
As for Ball's replacement it will be whoever of Novak, Stuart or Boulaine is the current ST flavour favourite.
Several reasons:
1. The 6 game IR now consists of players we don't expect back soon if at all in 2026. Overall our IR lists have diminished in total as healthy players did return.
2. New players will be coming available as the NFL declares final rosters on August 30. Some will be available sooner.
3. Roster issues / gaps / depth have been identified. I think I mentioned we only have Texada on the PR. At the same time the play of Moxey and Nichols is being questioned. Nichols came up a bit lame last week. If that isn't an area of concern, then what is? Need depth in case of new injury.
4. If you haven't noticed, other teams are now bringing in some new players as the dust settles on IR reports.
Yes, Bombers played their best game of the season. Teams are starting to reveal who they are and are consistent more so, with execution being done well. The last couple games,especially weeks have featured really great games, and stars, becoming stars.
Some of the QBs are executing so it's been fun.
Bombers experiment with four Cdn receivers should be over. One of them can play. The other three, have not been difference makers.
They need at least one Burner at WR, or somewhere. And Pokey is a second tier WR.
Kramdi has his cast off
As you could see from the OC video, Griffin is still limping. Don't expect him back for awhile.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 18, 2026, 11:55:22 PMKramdi has his cast off
But he's not shown as participating in practice yet in week 4. That suggests he'll be on the 6 game IR for the full stint.
Could you tell if he changed from a cast to a smaller support of some kind like a brace type protector? Players have played with that type of device but it's still limiting.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 01:07:56 PMBut he's not shown as participating in practice yet in week 4. That suggests he'll be on the 6 game IR for the full stint.
Could you tell if he changed from a cast to a smaller support of some kind like a brace type protector? Players have played with that type of device but it's still limiting.
It was just a tweet from DT. When I saw Kramdi last week, it looked like it was just wrapped in compression bandages as well. That probably still means a couple weeks out.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 01:07:56 PMBut he's not shown as participating in practice yet in week 4. That suggests he'll be on the 6 game IR for the full stint.
Could you tell if he changed from a cast to a smaller support of some kind like a brace type protector? Players have played with that type of device but it's still limiting.
Yes Kramdi has a brace. Kramdi was also running yesterday. Griffin has a calf sleeve and didn't do much.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2026, 02:15:15 PMYes Kramdi has a brace. Kramdi was also running yesterday. Griffin has a calf sleeve and didn't do much.
Good news on both accounts but they need time. Key cogs that must not be rushed.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2026, 02:15:15 PMYes Kramdi has a brace. Kramdi was also running yesterday. Griffin has a calf sleeve and didn't do much.
Griffin should be eligible to practice next week but that doesn't mean he'll come off IR early. OTOH, " calf injury " is better than a knee or achilles problem.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 04:17:57 PMGriffin should be eligible to practice next week but that doesn't mean he'll come off IR early. OTOH, " calf injury " is better than a knee or achilles problem.
Kramdi has missed 3 games, and Griffin 1. But, I think they both come off early.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 19, 2026, 04:52:26 PMKramdi has missed 3 games, and Griffin 1. But, I think they both come off early.
This will be Kramdi's 4 game missed. So as I suggested if he isn't practising / playing this week, I suspect he'll be on 6 game IR full term.
Griffin might be more realistic coming off early. How many games did Woodbey miss with a " calf injury " earlier? Obviously every player is different and there could be a quick turn around or not.
It would be good to get both back but there are a bunch of moving parts beyond injury. We have a short week after this game when we play the Als who just got back 4 starters.
I wouldn't like to think those decisions are made on the importance of a given game, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
If we defeat the Elks it takes the pressure off somewhat. Lose and the nail biting starts for the next game against the best team in the CFL.
We can't go 0 - 2. I'd probably be happy to see a split all things considered.
$SMS saving for 6 games on most players are not worth it over getting key players back.
Top WR's, RB's, Oline or QB make enough to be worth it.
Not sure Kramdi's $SMS hit, and while we know it is far above ELC, I don't think its over $150k...
Quote from: theaardvark on August 19, 2026, 05:46:00 PM$SMS saving for 6 games on most players are not worth it over getting key players back.
Top WR's, RB's, Oline or QB make enough to be worth it.
Not sure Kramdi's $SMS hit, and while we know it is far above ELC, I don't think its over $150k...
Kramdi is listed at $180K. Not sure how much of that was in signing bonus. That's $10K per game potentially so it would be a significant decision.
Regardless as I mentioned I'm not sure he'll be cleared before 6 games. Let's see if he practises next week.
Ethan Ball likely out for season for Winnipeg Blue Bombers
by 3Down Staff August 19, 2026
It appears the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be without Canadian defensive back Ethan Ball for the rest of the 2026 season.
"It's gonna be tough to see him again the rest of the season, for sure," head coach Mike O'Shea told the media on Wednesday. "He was another key piece — extremely smart, gifted athletically, hyper competitive, so that certainly hurts."
The six-foot, 192-pound defender played three regular-season games this year, making one defensive tackle and one special teams tackle. According to Winnipeg's injury report, he is dealing with an Achilles injury.
The 24-year-old was a sixth-round pick in the 2025 CFL Draft. He played 13 regular-season games as a rookie, recording nine special teams tackle.
The Regina native finished his collegiate career at the University of Calgary in 2024, making 27 total tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss, two pass knockdowns, and one fumble recovery.
Brady Oliveira did not practice this week due to an ankle injury, though O'Shea indicated that he expects the start running to play on Friday night.
https://3downnation.com/2026/08/19/ethan-ball-likely-out-for-season-for-winnipeg-blue-bombers/
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 06:42:51 PMKramdi is listed at $180K. Not sure how much of that was in signing bonus. That's $10K per game potentially so it would be a significant decision.
Regardless as I mentioned I'm not sure he'll be cleared before 6 games. Let's see if he practises next week.
Redha Kramdi, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (N)
Hard money: $180,000
Maximum value: $185,000
The Montreal native got a $55,000 signing bonus to commit to Winnipeg for two more seasons, where he's the CFL's only Canadian starter at strong-side linebacker. Kramdi will also earn $94,700 in salary, $15,300 in housing, $10,000 in marketing, $5,000 in travel, and up to $5,000 in awards incentives.
Last week BO was listed as a GTD. This week no practice and he's only questionable? He managed to play well and survive last week. Can he do that again?
Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2026, 09:53:38 PMRedha Kramdi, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (N)
Hard money: $180,000
Maximum value: $185,000
The Montreal native got a $55,000 signing bonus
Bonuses are stupid for nats. It doesn't help their taxes at all, and it screws us on sms savings on the 6g. Instead of a bonus we should tell these guys they can have 5k more total salary.
And if they use bonus as cut insurance, just sign a contract that says if they are cut they get that same bonus.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 10:23:00 PMLast week BO was listed as a GTD. This week no practice and he's only questionable? He managed to play well and survive last week. Can he do that again?
Yes he will get his game day treatments by the staff and he has a bunch of therapies he does at home which he mentioned on the post game show
Troubling he didn't practice as it will likely nag all year
Doug and Brady said our trainer is best in the biz
Quote from: Tecno on August 19, 2026, 10:49:33 PMBonuses are stupid for nats. It doesn't help their taxes at all, and it screws us on sms savings on the 6g. Instead of a bonus we should tell these guys they can have 5k more total salary.
And if they use bonus as cut insurance, just sign a contract that says if they are cut they get that same bonus.
They probably like getting upfront money and specifically negotiate for it.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 10:23:00 PMLast week BO was listed as a GTD. This week no practice and he's only questionable? He managed to play well and survive last week. Can he do that again?
He was listed as questionable on last week's injury report as well.
It was the depth chart where he was listed as a GTD.
Quote from: Jesse on August 20, 2026, 12:00:16 AMThey probably like getting upfront money and specifically negotiate for it.
Ya, but figure out the main motivation, then see if there's not a better way to achieve that that helps us if a 6g stint occurs.
For imps we have no choice, but I think there may be smarter ways with regards to nats.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2026, 10:23:00 PMLast week BO was listed as a GTD. This week no practice and he's only questionable? He managed to play well and survive last week. Can he do that again?
Brady spent last week recupperating in some kind of CO2 pod, imagine being naked within a cocoon crafted by a giant moth, being cleansed of injuries by magic CO2 gas. I'm sketchy on the details.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2026, 01:01:33 AMBrady spent last week hibernating in some kind of CO2 pod, imagine being naked within a cocoon crafted by a giant moth, being cleansed of injuries by magic CO2 gas. I'm sketchy on the details.
I think that pretty much sums it up, red light therapy, hot tub, cold plunge, might be missing one more.
Voodoo dolls for Edm D lol
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2026, 01:01:33 AMBrady spent last week hibernating in some kind of CO2 pod, imagine being naked within a cocoon crafted by a giant moth, being cleansed of injuries by magic CO2 gas. I'm sketchy on the details.
You sure they aren't talking hyperbaric chamber? For that they pump in nearly 100% oxygen (not CO2, which will kill you above a very low %). It's the latest rage with athletes everywhere. Hard to find in Winnipeg, though ("poor man" ones yes, full-on ones, no). I have a relative who does this a lot in BC. I know a lot about it. Very expensive.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 20, 2026, 01:06:22 AMVoodoo dolls for Edm D lol
Can I get a Cody voodoo doll?? Can I?? I'd be putting 100 pins in those "obliques".
Quote from: Tecno on August 19, 2026, 10:49:33 PMBonuses are stupid for nats. It doesn't help their taxes at all, and it screws us on sms savings on the 6g. Instead of a bonus we should tell these guys they can have 5k more total salary.
And if they use bonus as cut insurance, just sign a contract that says if they are cut they get that same bonus.
Why would a team sign a deal that has language where if they're cut they're paid? Teams hold a large amount of power specifically because they can cut at any time. Bonuses act as bit of a yard stick where the player gains some certainty at bonus time. They really don't have any guarantees beyond that (the vet payout guarantee eventually triggers but that's most of the work year through the season).
Secondly, bonuses can help with tax deferral for Canadians in the same way as it can help you or I or any Canadian by directing a percentage into rrsp/pension.
Quote from: Tecno on August 20, 2026, 01:19:05 AMCan I get a Cody voodoo doll?? Can I?? I'd be putting 100 pins in those "obliques".
Sold out
Quote from: Tecno on August 20, 2026, 01:18:03 AMYou sure they aren't talking hyperbaric chamber? For that they pump in nearly 100% oxygen (not CO2, which will kill you above a very low %). It's the latest rage with athletes everywhere. Hard to find in Winnipeg, though ("poor man" ones yes, full-on ones, no). I have a relative who does this a lot in BC. I know a lot about it. Very expensive.
Pretty sure co2
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 20, 2026, 01:30:55 AMWhy would a team sign a deal that has language where if they're cut they're paid? Teams hold a large amount of power specifically because they can cut at any time. Bonuses act as bit of a yard stick where the player gains some certainty at bonus time. They really don't have any guarantees beyond that (the vet payout guarantee eventually triggers but that's most of the work year through the season).
But whether a bonus is paid at signing time or the same bonus at cut time (or spread across the normal salary) makes zero difference to both team or player. Teams don't lose the option to cut, and the cost is the same. Players gain the same assurance they aren't likely to be cut either way because there's a financial penalty to the team either way.
And why would a team do this? Because if we assume a certain % of high-value players are going to go on full 6G every season (15%?) then recapturing around 33% more SMS per player per 6G can add up -- enough to give you an extra high-end player for the playoffs (or whatever you want).
I'm not saying this is the answer, I just think wise GMs would try to be more creative. If I was KW I'd be working every angle to get most SMS hit on salary, not bonuses, in order to maximize 6G savings. The case in point is Kramdi, who we'll probably get the full 6G on, but $55k (about 30%) was paid in bonus. That means we lose out on a potential $18k extra cap space because Kramdi was paid a bonus -- and he's not even an "expensive" player!
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 20, 2026, 01:30:55 AMSecondly, bonuses can help with tax deferral for Canadians in the same way as it can help you or I or any Canadian by directing a percentage into rrsp/pension.
That's a novel take. Ya ok I guess if you didn't max out your prev year RRSP you could do the first-60-days thing with an upfront bonus. But that's a bit of a stretch. Not sure many low to mid-end players are saving much of their income. Even then, they could put it into current year's RRSP for the same effect.
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 20, 2026, 01:30:55 AMWhy would a team sign a deal that has language where if they're cut they're paid? Teams hold a large amount of power specifically because they can cut at any time. Bonuses act as bit of a yard stick where the player gains some certainty at bonus time. They really don't have any guarantees beyond that (the vet payout guarantee eventually triggers but that's most of the work year through the season).
Secondly, bonuses can help with tax deferral for Canadians in the same way as it can help you or I or any Canadian by directing a percentage into rrsp/pension.
If the bonuses are paid out properly.
John Tavares is currently dealing with CRA as they want to tax the signing bonus the Leafs gave him. Sounds like Toronto paid him the bonus over a period of time.
If I was a CFL player I would ask for a bonus to be paid out on Feb 1st. If the team isnt fully committed to me and I get cut at least I would be available to other teams prior to free agency.
Quote from: Tecno on August 20, 2026, 12:57:02 AMYa, but figure out the main motivation, then see if there's not a better way to achieve that that helps us if a 6g stint occurs.
For imps we have no choice, but I think there may be smarter ways with regards to nats.
Money. In bank account.
Quote from: Jesse on August 20, 2026, 02:08:40 AMMoney. In bank account.
Then give them a "loan", which is paid back by withholdings on every pay cheque? CRA doesn't care as long as they get the same amount of tax in that fiscal year.
Just spitballing ideas. Like I said, surely there's options. I don't know why CFL GMs don't go full moneyball trying to optimize this stuff. Hire a really good creative accountant.
Quote from: Tecno on August 19, 2026, 10:49:33 PMBonuses are stupid for nats. It doesn't help their taxes at all, and it screws us on sms savings on the 6g. Instead of a bonus we should tell these guys they can have 5k more total salary.
And if they use bonus as cut insurance, just sign a contract that says if they are cut they get that same bonus.
He signed in Dec.
$55k on 2025's $SMS
Quote from: theaardvark on August 20, 2026, 03:26:18 AMHe signed in Dec.
$55k on 2025's $SMS
That's the one thing that I'd allow, because that doesn't hurt the '26 SMS in any way.
However, you could argue that having a lot of prev-year SMS leftover in Dec is itself a bit of a failure of SMS allocation. Unless it's done on purpose, of course: a GM might sacrifice one season to be able to "go over" next season via prev-year re-signing bonuses.
Quote from: Tecno on August 20, 2026, 04:21:32 AMThat's the one thing that I'd allow, because that doesn't hurt the '26 SMS in any way.
However, you could argue that having a lot of prev-year SMS leftover in Dec is itself a bit of a failure of SMS allocation. Unless it's done on purpose, of course: a GM might sacrifice one season to be able to "go over" next season via prev-year re-signing bonuses.
Or, you had some major 6 game savings.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 20, 2026, 04:25:30 AMOr, you had some major 6 game savings.
Which would be even higher if you didn't pay up-front bonuses! ;D ;D ;D 8)
Quote from: Tecno on August 20, 2026, 07:21:02 AMWhich would be even higher if you didn't pay up-front bonuses! ;D ;D ;D 8)
I don't think SMS room is our issue tech. We made a bunch of huge signings. We signed our own guys that we wanted to keep.
The problem is scouting and recruitment.
I have no problem with a signing bonus. Lots of people in different professions get a signing bonus. My wife received one the last contact she signing with the government. Gas "A" fitters are getting a $10,000 bonus to sign with companies in Manitoba right now.
Signing bonuses induce coming to or staying with a club. That's the job.
Many companies have bonuses for staying a certain term.
The fact there are tax benefits for some players makes their negotiations different, but doesn't affect the general reasoning.
Gas fitting companies don't have a sms cap! I understand bonuses. But in a cap world they are punished.
If I was gm I'd be nerding out in every little advantage I could get. It's a competitive league and every bit helps.
Taking advantage of the foibles of a system is great. Getting every possible $$$ out of the cap, very important.
Also much more important? Getting value out of players.
As a GM, getting tied up in the minutia of $SMS cap management is far less important than getting guys who produce at a high level for low pay.
Walters does that. How many of our recruits end up leaving for big dollars after their ELC's? Meaning we got 2-3 years out of them at a bargain price. Some, we resign, but many we just replace with the next one.
THAT is where you take full advantage of the cap.
Signing players and giving them bonuses with leftover cap is the easy way to spend to the cap without going over. There is always going to be a buffer, money saved on the 6 game, or by cuts, and sometimes that gets eaten up by trading for a player or signing a vet during the season.
Making sure none of it gets left on the table is the key to cap management.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 21, 2026, 02:57:23 PMTaking advantage of the foibles of a system is great. Getting every possible $$$ out of the cap, very important.
Also much more important? Getting value out of players.
As a GM, getting tied up in the minutia of $SMS cap management is far less important than getting guys who produce at a high level for low pay.
Walters does that. How many of our recruits end up leaving for big dollars after their ELC's? Meaning we got 2-3 years out of them at a bargain price. Some, we resign, but many we just replace with the next one.
THAT is where you take full advantage of the cap.
Signing players and giving them bonuses with leftover cap is the easy way to spend to the cap without going over. There is always going to be a buffer, money saved on the 6 game, or by cuts, and sometimes that gets eaten up by trading for a player or signing a vet during the season.
Making sure none of it gets left on the table is the key to cap management.
Sure but we also retain some players long after their best before date at high SMS. Look at the cost of our players in the secondary against their performance. Whether that is veterans or Moxey added in free agency.
Oliveria is a top RB but $290K is an insane amount even with the advantage of being a Canadian. The contact for Collaros is an issue.
The team is fighting for 3rd or a crossover place in the standings. Obviously there is a chance they can finish higher but is it likely?
As previously mentioned we won less games in each of the last 4 seasons and may be hard pressed to win games in 2026 than in 2025. IIRC we slightly exceeded the cap last year. Not a big deal unless you base that against results.
Management has to be held accountable for this at some point.
This league is cyclic. Edmonton was on the bottom a while, then rose. Montreal was bottom of the league in 2017, now much better.
It's hard to stay on top, your best players get poached, some get old, some prospects don't work out. And then there is a perfect storm where good things happen.
Yes, we could dump players as soon as they hint at declining. Your proposition would have been to let Willie go last year. He's doing great this year.
This team honours its vets, but rarely keeps them much past their useful playing time. They have let players like Obby and Biggie go...
Quote from: theaardvark on August 21, 2026, 07:39:33 PMThis league is cyclic. Edmonton was on the bottom a while, then rose. Montreal was bottom of the league in 2017, now much better.
It's hard to stay on top, your best players get poached, some get old, some prospects don't work out. And then there is a perfect storm where good things happen.
Yes, we could dump players as soon as they hint at declining. Your proposition would have been to let Willie go last year. He's doing great this year.
This team honours its vets, but rarely keeps them much past their useful playing time. They have let players like Obby and Biggie go...
I don't know about the Jefferson comment, but there were clearly some players like Bryant and K. Wilson that needed to move on from in 2026. A few others as well.
Isn't Kyrie Wilson having a solid season or did I miss something?
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 21, 2026, 08:38:44 PMIsn't Kyrie Wilson having a solid season or did I miss something?
By what metric are you measuring his success?
He has about 3 tackles a game with no sacks/interceptions/forced fumbles on one of the worst defences in the league.
Quote from: Jesse on August 21, 2026, 08:42:14 PMBy what metric are you measuring his success?
He has about 3 tackles a game with no sacks/interceptions/forced fumbles on one of the worst defences in the league.
Please show me where I measured his success.
The defense being in the toilet isn't something I'd link to one player being on the roster or not.
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 21, 2026, 08:45:40 PMPlease show me where I measured his success.
The defense being in the toilet isn't something I'd link to one player being on the roster or not.
You suggested he was having a solid season when others criticized him, what makes you think that?
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 21, 2026, 08:38:44 PMIsn't Kyrie Wilson having a solid season or did I miss something?
Yes. He's not as impactful as you'd want from a MLB. He's not good dropping back into mid range coverage when necessary.
Compare him to the top MLB's in the league
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 21, 2026, 08:38:44 PMIsn't Kyrie Wilson having a solid season or did I miss something?
If he is, I've missed it. Missed him making tackles during our loss to BC and their rookie Qb when they ran for 377 yds against us. Ya, he's having a banner year!!!
Our defence certainly isn't anything to boast about... other teams have been demolishing them game after game. They are good against mediocre teams and QBs, but against elite QBs, they are a loose bunch.
Wilson is having an average year. Noticed a big mistake last game. I have been a big fan of his and supported us holding him, even with his injury troubles. Was good to very good last year imo. Has lost a little this season. Would do better with a vet FS imo and him and Kramdi played well together in the past.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2026, 08:32:27 PMI don't know about the Jefferson comment, but there were clearly some players like Bryant and K. Wilson that needed to move on from in 2026. A few others as well.
Kyrie had one of his best seasons last year and still makes a few good plays every game, unfortunately he's aged out and is now blocking the advancement of younger LB's. As a reserve or backup I see no problem with him remaining on the team.
Kyrie is not a Sankey, flat roaming, side to sider. He's being used more like a hurl gap stuffer. This is what he's being told to do.
On my grading he's doing ok. Almost all the damage our d takes is outside, and that is not Kyrie. That is smith and Jones and griffin. And the DBs.
And let's not forget Kyrie might be very cheap for us right now. That helps us at other positions.
Dress Peterson
Quote from: Tecno on August 21, 2026, 11:15:02 PMKyrie is not a Sankey, flat roaming, side to sider. He's being used more like a hurl gap stuffer. This is what he's being told to do.
On my grading he's doing ok. Almost all the damage our d takes is outside, and that is not Kyrie. That is smith and Jones and griffin. And the DBs.
And let's not forget Kyrie might be very cheap for us right now. That helps us at other positions.
I don't care if he's cheap. Good MLB's are side to side capable over and above what we expect our SAM and WIL to accomplish.
That's the point pure and simple. It creates a deficit. It makes him like Hurl than Bighill. If it's helping with other positions then why are we 5 - 4 and been blown out many times?
I don't buy it.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2026, 12:26:00 AMI don't buy it.
Why not? It's the same mafia that did it with hurl for how many seasons?
What is the first thing mos and younger say in most pressers about the d? "gap sound"
They think that if you fill all gaps the other team can't run. Forget about that plus one blocker that appears out of nowhere! These aren't the droids you are looking for.
Quote from: Tecno on August 22, 2026, 12:44:56 AMWhy not? It's the same mafia that did it with hurl for how many seasons?
What is the first thing mos and younger say in most pressers about the d? "gap sound"
They think that if you fill all gaps the other team can't run. Forget about that plus one blocker that appears out of nowhere! These aren't the droids you are looking for.
You're right, we heard the same things about Hurl for years. But then we upgraded to Bighill and our defense became magically better. Almost like it's not ideal to have a LB who is only capable of "filling gaps".
Who got hurt tonight?
Nichols someone thought as Vaval was playing
TJ was on one knee for a bit
Zach limping after hit
Fletcher went down, not sure if came back
Who am I missing?
I think the most important question is did Jones or Fletcher come back? Jones is pretty critical. Though the DL did absolutely nothing vs EDM's OL, they are generally a key cog for us, so Fletcher being in is also important.
Saw Schmeck coming in, but didn't see if he closed out the game.
Quote from: Tecno on August 22, 2026, 12:44:56 AMWhy not? It's the same mafia that did it with hurl for how many seasons?
What is the first thing mos and younger say in most pressers about the d? "gap sound"
They think that if you fill all gaps the other team can't run. Forget about that plus one blocker that appears out of nowhere! These aren't the droids you are looking for.
I don't buy some that are defending his play. There is no surprise we continue to play him although there doesn't seem to be a better choice at this point.
Injuries: Vaval and Nichols were on the field at the same time. T. Jones did come back but I'm not sure if Fletcher did.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2026, 01:11:51 PMI don't buy some that are defending his play. There is no surprise we continue to play him although there doesn't seem to be a better choice at this point.
Injuries: Vaval and Nichols were on the field at the same time. T. Jones did come back but I'm not sure if Fletcher did.
Losing Fletcher would really suck
Fletcher seemed to have a lower leg issue, possibly ankle but I think he returned. That may not have lasted as I noticed Schmekel on the field towards the end of the game. While he wasn't the only problem, allowing a drive resulting in a walk off FG was predictable.
We don't close games out well.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2026, 01:11:51 PMI don't buy some that are defending his play. There is no surprise we continue to play him although there doesn't seem to be a better choice at this point.
Injuries: Vaval and Nichols were on the field at the same time. T. Jones did come back but I'm not sure if Fletcher did.
Are you sure, what I saw was Williams moved to HB in place of Nichols while Vaval was playing his CB spot, Moxie remained on the other side.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 22, 2026, 05:40:53 PMAre you sure, what I saw was Williams moved to HB in place of Nichols while Vaval was playing his CB spot, Moxie remained on the other side.
Nichols was still playing, but I also saw that formation. Moved Williams to a SAM kind of role, I guess.
Despite Brady's struggle to stay healthy the last few weeks he leads the league in rushing yards by 60 yds over Rankin, despite playing one less game.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 22, 2026, 01:11:51 PMInjuries: Vaval and Nichols were on the field at the same time. T. Jones did come back but I'm not sure if Fletcher did.
Did we maybe bring in Vaval as exhaustion-relief after that horrific 90% EDM ToP 3rd Q? It could be we just needed fresh legs. I'm also still not convinced we didn't do it purposely as a wrinkle to screw up EDM's plans, and/or to replicate the old "Kelly as 2nd safety" sets.
With the ration flexibility, it's certainly doable.
However, I would admit, it really smells "anti-MOS".
Fletcher did come back. TSN is terrible for updates on injuries.
Quote from: Jesse on August 21, 2026, 08:59:03 PMYou suggested he was having a solid season when others criticized him, what makes you think that?
Yeah, that was my bad and I should've worded it better. I was going based off him having played every game this season so far. He has been typically criticized for his injury issues and games missed.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2026, 09:52:51 PMYes. He's not as impactful as you'd want from a MLB. He's not good dropping back into mid range coverage when necessary.
Compare him to the top MLB's in the league
I was under the impression Wilson's been playing WIL and Jones is MLB.
A bunch of you guys for several seasons have said hire Sankey. I never bought into it, and didn't like his price tag. I also thought he was getting up there in age.
I want to say I was 100 percent wrong. That dude is a total game wrecker. He basically beat our o all by himself, and did the same to ssk. He's all over the place, always near the carrier, and disrupting passes. And he still stops the run.
Imagine what our d would be doing this season if we had Sankey instead of Kyrie...
If the dude ever hits fa again we need to grab him no matter the cost. Jones can stay at will. You need a guy like this that can freelance the field and just make plays.
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 24, 2026, 02:26:59 PMI was under the impression Wilson's been playing WIL and Jones is MLB.
While they do mix and match sometimes, Jones is indeed mostly will... and DL.
Kyrie is mainly a gap stuffer and run stopper and c gap minder. He's basically invisible on pass plays.
Quote from: Tecno on August 24, 2026, 02:33:20 PMA bunch of you guys for several seasons have said hire Sankey. I never bought into it, and didn't like his price tag. I also thought he was getting up there in age.
I want to say I was 100 percent wrong. That dude is a total game wrecker. He basically beat our o all by himself, and did the same to ssk. He's all over the place, always near the carrier, and disrupting passes. And he still stops the run.
Imagine what our d would be doing this season if we had Sankey instead of Kyrie...
If the dude ever hits fa again we need to grab him no matter the cost. Jones can stay at will. You need a guy like this that can freelance the field and just make plays.
I don't know where you got the high price tag. He's not in the top 10 in 2026. Perhaps in previous seasons but even then it's a relative statement cost versus production. The most I can see him earning in the past as $165K.
1st day of practice. Who does or doesn't practice this week? Unless we had a new injury I'm expecting the same roster against the Als as far as starters. Rotating another ST player in or out is of little consequence.
Quote from: Tecno on August 24, 2026, 02:35:23 PMWhile they do mix and match sometimes, Jones is indeed mostly will... and DL.
Kyrie is mainly a gap stuffer and run stopper and c gap minder. He's basically invisible on pass plays.
You'll notice when playing MLB Kyrie is often hanging back in space trying to defend against crossing routes and short passes over the middle, he rarely plays up tight against the line unless it's a for sure running play, as Jones is better in that role.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 24, 2026, 04:03:47 PMYou'll notice when playing MLB Kyrie is often hanging back in space trying to defend against crossing routes and short passes over the middle, he rarely plays up tight against the line unless it's a for sure running play, as Jones is better in that role.
I've noticed that and it seems he's just shifting from one foot to the other foot and not doing anything.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 03:31:12 PM1st day of practice. Who does or doesn't practice this week? Unless we had a new injury I'm expecting the same roster against the Als as far as starters. Rotating another ST player in or out is of little consequence.
Pretty much as I see it also. I really don't like our chances against the Als. Unfortunately all we can do is rotate in sub par players to replace sub par players. Not much to get excited about in Ol Mother Hubbard's cupboard! >:(
Anyone at practice to report on daily IR comments? Are we seeing Vaval seeing more reps on defence in new defensive alignments?
(https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/778984969_10162928121265059_2137765588146305333_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_tt6&cstp=mx1284x1051&ctp=s1284x1051&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=4gUD2aMEvf8Q7kNvwGZ3krM&_nc_oc=AdpmbyinYh2u-CY0hAHw9NyXdyodR2_G4Cr7DrcpYcIvM1b2BSwdUuEElDNIvrDnL7g&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&_nc_gid=2NrKk0D8Ud4IbKvOAaK0Nw&_nc_ss=7b2a8&oh=00_AQFTCvqWkl6Q2W_YzgPKjPRanuGyXcAWwsZrJYM1mNpALQ&oe=6A925656)
Quote from: bomber beetle on August 24, 2026, 06:32:54 PM(https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/778984969_10162928121265059_2137765588146305333_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_tt6&cstp=mx1284x1051&ctp=s1284x1051&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=4gUD2aMEvf8Q7kNvwGZ3krM&_nc_oc=AdpmbyinYh2u-CY0hAHw9NyXdyodR2_G4Cr7DrcpYcIvM1b2BSwdUuEElDNIvrDnL7g&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&_nc_gid=2NrKk0D8Ud4IbKvOAaK0Nw&_nc_ss=7b2a8&oh=00_AQFTCvqWkl6Q2W_YzgPKjPRanuGyXcAWwsZrJYM1mNpALQ&oe=6A925656)
Didn't expect Oliveira or Bryant to practice so that's not new. Too early to tell if Nichols will play or how they accommodate a roster change. Not exactly many choices.
No mention of Griffin but I wasn't expecting to hear he was practising. Kramdi getting reps is maybe a bit of surprise but I'm on record for him to miss the next 2 games.
If Kramdi is dressed and practicing, he probably plays this Friday. Would be a nice upgrade for our D.
Quote from: bomber beetle on August 24, 2026, 06:32:54 PM(https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/778984969_10162928121265059_2137765588146305333_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_tt6&cstp=mx1284x1051&ctp=s1284x1051&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=4gUD2aMEvf8Q7kNvwGZ3krM&_nc_oc=AdpmbyinYh2u-CY0hAHw9NyXdyodR2_G4Cr7DrcpYcIvM1b2BSwdUuEElDNIvrDnL7g&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&_nc_gid=2NrKk0D8Ud4IbKvOAaK0Nw&_nc_ss=7b2a8&oh=00_AQFTCvqWkl6Q2W_YzgPKjPRanuGyXcAWwsZrJYM1mNpALQ&oe=6A925656)
If Zach is injured, wonder if this is what flipped the script so suddenly against the Elks? Playing in pain could explain the difference between "good Zach" and "bad Zach".
Kramdi full practice, great news. Interested in knowing how his hand looks and how its protected.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 24, 2026, 06:47:32 PMIf Kramdi is dressed and practicing, he probably plays this Friday. Would be a nice upgrade for our D.
It's also a bit hit to the SMS savings taking him off early. He'd be an upgrade but do you seriously we have a chance to win by adding him?
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 07:42:51 PMIt's also a bit hit to the SMS savings taking him off early. He'd be an upgrade but do you seriously we have a chance to win by adding him?
I said this last week, when a quality play is ready to go he comes off the IR. Cap or not. That is the way of MOS.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 07:42:51 PMIt's also a bit hit to the SMS savings taking him off early. He'd be an upgrade but do you seriously we have a chance to win by adding him?
All he said was he would be an upgrade to our D which is true.
If near 100% I would play him, otherwise wait and save SMS.
A tall order to win this one but you will not for sure if you don't dress your best roster.
CFL can be crazy week to week, anyone can win, unless you are Ottawa lol.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 24, 2026, 07:53:56 PMI said this last week, when a quality play is ready to go he comes off the IR. Cap or not. That is the way of MOS.
I agree with this way.
We have too many goofs on defence. We lose games, usually because one of those guys decides to fake and waive at ball carriers. . We have certain moments on defence, when too many guys won't make. Tackles. Then boys just are not good enough. They should be on the field anymore. We look like Ottawa,amd Edmonton the last few years. .
In the game. Vs.Montreal and even the next two vs. Sask it's gonna be a blood bath.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 24, 2026, 07:54:59 PMAll he said was he would be an upgrade to our D which is true.
If near 100% I would play him, otherwise wait and save SMS.
A tall order to win this one but you will not for sure if you don't dress your best roster.
CFL can be crazy week to week, anyone can win, unless you are Ottawa lol.
I agree with this way.
I've broken my wrist and it takes a long time to get back to form. He's missed 4 games and not practised in that time. O'Shea has had a tendency to bring players back too early and / or play players that are not near 100%.
Not having quality replacements is on management. Will Oliveria practise this week?
If Kramdi is 100% play him but I doubt that he is or that adding him will make any difference. I'd wait the 6 games out, hope we make the play offs and have the healthiest roster then. It's a gamble no matter what we do.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 08:05:18 PMI've broken my wrist and it takes a long time to get back to form. He's missed 4 games and not practised in that time. O'Shea has had a tendency to bring players back too early and / or play players that are not near 100%.
Not having quality replacements is on management. Will Oliveria practise this week?
If Kramdi is 100% play him but I doubt that he is or that adding him will make any difference. I'd wait the 6 games out, hope we make the play offs and have the healthiest roster then. It's a gamble no matter what we do.
If not 100% I agree. Fine line. I trust our medical staff.
Adding Kramdi will make a difference but will take him a couple games to get up to speed.
Brady won't practice.
Allen was likely an option at FS but he got hurt. That happens.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 24, 2026, 08:26:23 PMIf not 100% I agree. Fine line. I trust our medical staff.
Adding Kramdi will make a difference but will take him a couple games to get up to speed.
Brady won't practice.
Allen was likely an option at FS but he got hurt. That happens.
That's a bit hypocritical trusting our medical staff. We are playing players that can't practise. Not just in this year but many recent seasons.
Schoen was a perfect example of a player that shouldn't have been allowed to play when he was cleared. He's just one example.
We never heard the extent of Kramdi's injury. Anything from sprain to broken bones. If he plays we'll see if can tackle / wrap up. Any sort of cast or splint will limit his performance.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 08:57:37 PMThat's a bit hypocritical trusting our medical staff. We are playing players that can't practise. Not just in this year but many recent seasons.
Schoen was a perfect example of a player that shouldn't have been allowed to play when he was cleared. He's just one example.
We never heard the extent of Kramdi's injury. Anything from sprain to broken bones. If he plays we'll see if can tackle / wrap up. Any sort of cast or splint will limit his performance.
Nope its based on two elite pros that have recently given props to our medical staff. Brady and Doug Brown both said they are world class. Yeah I'll trust what they say.
Don't trust me, trust the facts.
Alain Couture - Winnipeg Blue Bombers https://share.google/nhOD5hyeyPlmFthZS
And I quote
"Widely considered one of the best in his field by players, coaches, therapists and doctors across the Canadian Football League, Couture was honoured in October of 2019 with the Winnipeg Football Club's Chairman's Award for his years of service to the team."
Mistakes happen, easy to point fingers in a few isolated cases where guys reinjuried. It's just how it goes.
We took a QB (Zach) that nobody wanted and was incredibly unhealthy and turned it into one of the best turn around stories I can remember while keeping him healthy until recently.
Playing players that don't practice is common. We have some older vets. Just how it is.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 08:57:37 PMThat's a bit hypocritical trusting our medical staff. We are playing players that can't practise. Not just in this year but many recent seasons.
Schoen was a perfect example of a player that shouldn't have been allowed to play when he was cleared. He's just one example.
We never heard the extent of Kramdi's injury. Anything from sprain to broken bones. If he plays we'll see if can tackle / wrap up. Any sort of cast or splint will limit his performance.
I think a big part of this is the head trainer going along with the players desire to play and not using his veto to over rule them, especially in the case of Schoen which was poorly handled. As Zach said a few weeks ago, the decision to return was made between the medical staff and himself with the coaches having no say in the matter.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 24, 2026, 10:57:58 PMI think a big part of this is the head trainer going along with the players desire to play and not using his veto to over rule them, especially in the case of Schoen which was poorly handled. As Zach said a few weeks ago, the decision to return was made between the medical staff and himself with the coaches having no say in the matter.
Yup, the decison is between the training staff and the player has nothing to do with MOS as BnBC suggested. Unfortunately in sports sometimes players are a little to optimistic or eager to get back. So much on the line for their brief careers. I get wanting to come back early, easy for us to be critical, its not our livelihood on the line. You are easily replaceable and all they want to do is play as soon as medically possible. I personally like when players take an extra week to be sure but you never know till you hit your stride in action.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 24, 2026, 11:04:12 PMYup, the decison is between the training staff and the player has nothing to do with MOS as BnBC suggested. Unfortunately in sports sometimes players are a little to optimistic or eager to get back. So much on the line for their brief careers. I get wanting to come back early, easy for us to be critical, its not our livelihood on the line. You are easily replaceable and all they want to do is play as soon as medically possible. I personally like when players take an extra week to be sure but you never know till you hit your stride in action.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when a player can't practice and is not ready to play. The HC is the final say if and when a player makes the AR. Players on IR still get paid.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 11:54:24 PMIt doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when a player can't practice and is not ready to play. The HC is the final say if and when a player makes the AR. Players on IR still get paid.
Nah the medical staff clears the players through medical assessments, treatments and discussions with the player , confirmed by Zach and implied by Brady and then roster decisions are made. Understating the value of a medical team. Players don't rebuild their career on the IR. They want to showcase their talents as soon as possible to secure the next big deal to feed their families.
Yes it doesn't take a rocket scientist, it takes a team of highly skilled and experienced medical professionals. Not an easy gig to learn or get employed in. A competitive industry at the pro level.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 24, 2026, 08:05:18 PMIf Kramdi is 100% play him but I doubt that he is or that adding him will make any difference. I'd wait the 6 games out, hope we make the play offs and have the healthiest roster then. It's a gamble no matter what we do.
Yes, Mafia usually takes guys off the 6 even if there's only 1-2 games left and SMS savings can be significant. It always irks me they don't try to ever squeeze out SMS advantages like I'm sure other teams do. For KW, the 6G SMS savings isn't an advantage, it's an annoyance.
I thought this would be Kramdi's game 6? If this is game 5, I guess it's ok to play him. But if this is game 6 then it really irks me we don't want the SMS.
To be blunt, Kelly has stunk at FS. Kramdi will make a huge difference spotting the wrinkles and limiting explosions. Kelly was doing great as 2nd S in passing downs, so put him back to that duty.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 24, 2026, 04:03:47 PMYou'll notice when playing MLB Kyrie is often hanging back in space trying to defend against crossing routes and short passes over the middle, he rarely plays up tight against the line unless it's a for sure running play, as Jones is better in that role.
If that's true then he's completely useless at it! Our flat is basically always wide open for passes and QB escapes up the gut.
I want a roving MLB to punish crossers! But they have to be good at it!
Interesting about Dru getting #1 reps. This game vs MTL will be a brutal one, and many/most consider it unwinnable. What if we spare Zach that destruction (likely many sacks), and save him for the much more "important" LDC/BB? That actually makes some sense.
Dru probably will suck worse, but he is a bit of a wild card, and as such gives us a bigger chance to lose, but also a bigger chance to win -- sort of it'll be extreme one way of the other. And he's "expendable" at this juncture.
Maybe the Zach dings from last game that got him dialed out are carrying over, and he's not able to throw it accurately at the moment. If so, no point having him in there overthrowing everyone again.
(Though why did the press interview Zach Monday post-practice if Dru got the #1's???)
Quote from: Tecno on August 25, 2026, 06:14:06 AMYes, Mafia usually takes guys off the 6 even if there's only 1-2 games left and SMS savings can be significant. It always irks me they don't try to ever squeeze out SMS advantages like I'm sure other teams do. For KW, the 6G SMS savings isn't an advantage, it's an annoyance.
I thought this would be Kramdi's game 6? If this is game 5, I guess it's ok to play him. But if this is game 6 then it really irks me we don't want the SMS.
To be blunt, Kelly has stunk at FS. Kramdi will make a huge difference spotting the wrinkles and limiting explosions. Kelly was doing great as 2nd S in passing downs, so put him back to that duty.
He's missed 4 games so far. This is the 1st week he's eligible to practice. The biggest question is what exactly was his injury and how healthy is he? Can he tackle with any restriction on his hand?
I guess we'll see if he gets to play.
EDIT: Well Kramdi practised at " full " twice this week. Oliveria was " DNP " twice this week. I don't think anyone doubts Oliveria will play. So the daily IR reports have nominal value on the decision making. Players will play when not 100%. That is not something new. What this means for Kramdi is only a guess.
At this point the question moves to whether Nichols will play and what the adjustment to the roster and strategy looks like.
Everyone on the IR report has ankle injuries. The degree for each is not known.
Only Ball was seriously hurt.
Zac played heroically
Brady was a machine. He is the. Most outstanding player for a team.
Our coach on defence deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Younger. His Alma mater must be so proud of him! Did he really play any where. .
Condell, like Zac is victimized by the decision to let. The left tackle waddle around, and amGeneral Manager, who must be watching hi lights of the first couple yrs of the 2020s. The old, what have you done for us lately?
Vets don't need practice generally, and fresh is better. Plus, it gets backups some reps.
Kramdi's 6 game $SMS savings in no way is worth having him sit even 1 extra game if he is 100%. His savings would be maybe $25k.
I have no issue with Brady never practicing again. I do want him there, though, to go over any tweaks that may come up in blocking schemes, especially trying to cover blocking issues.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 26, 2026, 05:54:43 PMVets don't need practice generally, and fresh is better. Plus, it gets backups some reps.
Kramdi's 6 game $SMS savings in no way is worth having him sit even 1 extra game if he is 100%. His savings would be maybe $25k.
I have no issue with Brady never practicing again. I do want him there, though, to go over any tweaks that may come up in blocking schemes, especially trying to cover blocking issues.
That concept isn't exactly working for us.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 26, 2026, 05:54:43 PMVets don't need practice generally, and fresh is better. Plus, it gets backups some reps.
Kramdi's 6 game $SMS savings in no way is worth having him sit even 1 extra game if he is 100%. His savings would be maybe $25k.
I have no issue with Brady never practicing again. I do want him there, though, to go over any tweaks that may come up in blocking schemes, especially trying to cover blocking issues.
Kramdi $180K with $55K in advance. That's about $7K per game still against the SMS. Elevating a PR player is probably an increase from $1k ( PR money ) to $4K ( game money ). So that's only about $3K per game for Kramdi savings on the IR.
We don't know how healthy he might be since we play players that are injured ( lots of ankle injuries at the moment ). Those players are not taking full practice and as pointed out, we not winning using them.
The catch 22 is that we don't have good replacements on the PR.
Quote from: Jesse on August 26, 2026, 10:09:06 PMThat concept isn't exactly working for us.
How's Brady's stats? And Willie?
Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2026, 03:55:18 PMHow's Brady's stats? And Willie?
In the last 2 games and possibly more, Brady has not been used or been able to contribute in the 2nd half. In the 1st halves the offence gets into the red zone and the OC calls predictable plays where he gets stuffed.
So great stats between the 20 yard lines and then not so much. Not his fault but we can't get 2 yards when it's really important.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2026, 03:55:18 PMHow's Brady's stats? And Willie?
Both are having pretty good seasons statistically.
That rings pretty hollow when the team is .500, though.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 27, 2026, 03:58:52 PMIn the last 2 games and possibly more, Brady has not been used or been able to contribute in the 2nd half. In the 1st halves the offence gets into the red zone and the OC calls predictable plays where he gets stuffed.
So great stats between the 20 yard lines and then not so much. Not his fault but we can't get 2 yards when it's really important.
Is he not being used because his tank is empty, or because we are trying to take advantage of the other team's adjustments to him? Not sure of either, or if it is something else. Maybe Condell is out thinking himself.
Feeding Brady the whole first half, and then none of the second half makes no sense. No one else gets into the game flow in the first, and then they have to start from scratch in the second.
Does Brady need to get touches 50% of the time? Maybe. But they need to be more than just up the gut. Off tackle, sweep, screen, shovel. He has great hands, get the D to commit, and give him that little advantage. He can be first read on every play, and then back into the pocket and pass.
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 27, 2026, 04:08:21 PMBoth are having pretty good seasons statistically.
That rings pretty hollow when the team is .500, though.
Yes, it is a results oriented league, for sure.
I was just saying that resting vets seems to work in many cases.
Maybe Collaros needs days off in practice. Keep him fresh, and give Dru/Bryce some much needed reps.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2026, 04:13:00 PMI was just saying that resting vets seems to work in many cases.
I do wonder how it compares to others teams.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2026, 04:13:00 PMIs he not being used because his tank is empty, or because we are trying to take advantage of the other team's adjustments to him? Not sure of either, or if it is something else. Maybe Condell is out thinking himself.
Feeding Brady the whole first half, and then none of the second half makes no sense. No one else gets into the game flow in the first, and then they have to start from scratch in the second.
Does Brady need to get touches 50% of the time? Maybe. But they need to be more than just up the gut. Off tackle, sweep, screen, shovel. He has great hands, get the D to commit, and give him that little advantage. He can be first read on every play, and then back into the pocket and pass.
Yes, it is a results oriented league, for sure.
I was just saying that resting vets seems to work in many cases.
Maybe Collaros needs days off in practice. Keep him fresh, and give Dru/Bryce some much needed reps.
I think it's more about the OC making those decisions. We need to adjust to their adjustments as well. Although the fact he has spent several weeks with an ankle injury and every run takes it's toll.
This is not new. We've seen this in the past at the end of games where we need to maintain ball control and opponents know he will get the carry. Results in 2 and outs often.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 27, 2026, 03:55:18 PMHow's Brady's stats? And Willie?
Willie is always at practice.
And Brady is an example of a guy who missed most of training camp one year, was put into game one without practicing, and immediately got injured.
It's been a longstanding issue with this team.
Well, now that Kramdi will have been out 5 games, in no world should we bring him back for game 6. Take the savings. We've proven that the D isn't too much worse without him. Ya, it's better with him in, but not $45k-ish better!
I really hope Mafia considers this for once in their lives.
I'd rather a super-healthy/rested Kramdi slot in for the winnable Banjo Bowl anyhow.
In the EDM game, Jones goes down 4Q7:03. It seems minor, but I will note it was basically a non-contact injury. He did have a guy tugging at him when he was trying to get behind the LoS, but it looks like his knee just goes a bit wonky for a second. Doesn't look like anything, really. But clearly he tweaked something. Hope it's not a sign of anything in the future, as we are totally screwed without this tackling machine.
Also, why on earth does MOS take a timeout here when he has an injured player down on the field?? That makes no sense. It's insane. You give up your last timeout when you have an injury, and a legit one at that??
EDM game again: I'm not convinced Nichols got injured. This could actually be a yank for performance reasons! They may have thought the Vaval/Major combo gave them a better shot.
Very intriguing stuff.
Why do I think this? No one saw Nichols get injured. And Nichols was on a few snaps with Vaval and Major. If Vaval was coming in in relief, why would they do this? Plus, Nichols is seen standing on sidelines 4Q7:05 looking perfectly fine, though he has his helmet off. Also, no IR report for Nichols this week -- and no missed practice?
Quote from: Tecno on August 28, 2026, 11:33:36 AMEDM game again: I'm not convinced Nichols got injured. This could actually be a yank for performance reasons! They may have thought the Vaval/Major combo gave them a better shot.
Very intriguing stuff.
Why do I think this? No one saw Nichols get injured. And Nichols was on a few snaps with Vaval and Major. If Vaval was coming in in relief, why would they do this? Plus, Nichols is seen standing on sidelines 4Q7:05 looking perfectly fine, though he has his helmet off. Also, no IR report for Nichols this week -- and no missed practice?
Nichols did miss practice this week. Only logged one limited session.
Quote from: Jesse on August 28, 2026, 12:46:52 PMNichols did miss practice this week. Only logged one limited session.
Was he on the injury report? What was his issue?
CJOB reported during the game that Nichols was injured on play 107. DT said he was down on the field at the back of the end zone. On this week's injury report he was 'DNP, DNP, Limited' with an ankle injury and a 'Questionable' designation. Nichols is on the depth chart with a 'GTD' designation.
Quote from: Tecno on August 28, 2026, 11:11:17 AMWell, now that Kramdi will have been out 5 games, in no world should we bring him back for game 6. Take the savings. We've proven that the D isn't too much worse without him. Ya, it's better with him in, but not $45k-ish better!
I really hope Mafia considers this for once in their lives.
I'd rather a super-healthy/rested Kramdi slot in for the winnable Banjo Bowl anyhow.
His "salary" is about $75k (he got signing bonus), so its a $25k $SMS saving. I think winning a game is worth $25k, and he could be the difference. I'd almost say hin over Kelly makes as much difference as Collaros over Dru does
Quote from: theaardvark on August 28, 2026, 03:04:33 PMHis "salary" is about $75k (he got signing bonus), so its a $25k $SMS saving. I think winning a game is worth $25k, and he could be the difference. I'd almost say hin over Kelly makes as much difference as Collaros over Dru does
Very different situations.
Kelly is a reasonable rotational player, 100% unproven as a starter. Kramdi is a good to great defensive player, extremely consistent and reliable.
Zach is an older vet who has battled consistency and injury trouble but is a proven asset. Dru has battled the same but hasn't show much this year but has shown he is a reasonable option as a starting QB (in flashes).
I think Zach over Dru is a pretty significant upgrade and directly impacts our ability to win a ball game. Kramdi does help and is an upgrade but better suited at LB.
Sitting Kramdi makes sense from a health and medium term perspective. He would help against MTL if 100% healthy no doubt. I wanted him in too but respect and understand the decision. I would rather he come back a LB and we find a stud FS.
Quote from: Stats Junkie on August 28, 2026, 02:35:53 PMCJOB reported during the game that Nichols was injured on play 107. DT said he was down on the field at the back of the end zone. On this week's injury report he was 'DNP, DNP, Limited' with an ankle injury and a 'Questionable' designation. Nichols is on the depth chart with a 'GTD' designation.
Sounds like a good chance to reinjury. This will be interesting. I'll report how he looks in warm up if he is out there and I'll look for Brady too. Likely both will get a shot and hopefully be fine :).
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 28, 2026, 03:08:34 PMVery different situations.
Kelly is a reasonable rotational player, 100% unproven as a starter. Kramdi is a good to great defensive player, extremely consistent and reliable.
Zach is an older vet who has battled consistency and injury trouble but is a proven asset. Dru has battled the same but hasn't show much this year but has shown he is a reasonable option as a starting QB (in flashes).
I think Zach over Dru is a pretty significant upgrade and directly impacts our ability to win a ball game. Kramdi does help and is an upgrade but better suited at LB.
Sitting Kramdi makes sense from a health and medium term perspective. He would help against MTL if 100% healthy no doubt. I wanted him in too but respect and understand the decision. I would rather he come back a LB and we find a stud FS.
If you are writing off this game as not winnable, sit Kramdi and fulfill that belief.
But if there is the remote chance we can win a game AT HOME, you play him.
Quote from: theaardvark on August 28, 2026, 03:12:27 PMIf you are writing off this game as not winnable, sit Kramdi and fulfill that belief.
But if there is the remote chance we can win a game AT HOME, you play him.
nah, if he is medically cleared to play and has limited risk of injury you play him. Which didn't happen so he sits and comes back stronger a result.
The opponent and if you think can win has nothing to do with it at all.
You don't rush back a player that is not ready to try and win one game. Need to focus on more than that.
It's confusing. We have players that can't practice with injuries reported and play every week. Then we have Kramdi reported as practising at full every day and not playing.
The reasoning behind any injury and whether a player plays or not is not clear. Many players suffer ankle injuries and " rest " is a good idea. Where a given line is drawn on the ability to survive a game and play to a standard is not clear from the outside.
We don't really know the extent of Kramdi's injury and whether returning now puts him at further risk. Being able to practice is not the same as game requirements. I hope the decision is not based on SMS.
What I do question is the Plan B process with injuries and lack of practice we have. Example: Bryant, Broxton and Eli have all had injuries to deal with recently. While we don't normally roster an extra import OL, wouldn't adding Vanterpool in the short term be a good option as opposed to another import ST player?
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2026, 03:23:45 PMIt's confusing. We have players that can't practice with injuries reported and play every week. Then we have Kramdi reported as practising at full every day and not playing.
The reasoning behind any injury and whether a player plays or not is not clear. Many players suffer ankle injuries and " rest " is a good idea. Where a given line is drawn on the ability to survive a game and play to a standard is not clear from the outside.
We don't really know the extent of Kramdi's injury and whether returning now puts him at further risk. Being able to practice is not the same as game requirements. I hope the decision is not based on SMS.
What I do question is the Plan B process with injuries and lack of practice we have. Example: Bryant, Broxton and Eli have all had injuries to deal with recently. While we don't normally roster an extra import OL, wouldn't adding Vanterpool in the short term be a good option as opposed to another import ST player?
nagging vs. serious ones
Collaros dressed, Dru taking first team snaps....
Almost like they read the forums.
Backups getting practice is good.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2026, 03:23:45 PMIt's confusing. We have players that can't practice with injuries reported and play every week. Then we have Kramdi reported as practising at full every day and not playing.
Kramdi has a hand injury. Just because he's practicing doesn't mean he's good enough to play. His legs are fine. You don't need to tackle in practice.
Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 28, 2026, 04:36:37 PMKramdi has a hand injury. Just because he's practicing doesn't mean he's good enough to play. His legs are fine. You don't need to tackle in practice.
Heck apparently you don't need to tackle in games this season either, based on watching the season so far......... ;)
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 28, 2026, 03:42:38 PMnagging vs. serious ones
Yes and no. Kramdi could have a sprain which would be classified as a nagging injury. Or he could have a broken wrist or finger which would be classified as serious.
Reports have only said hand injury without any details that I've heard.
Other players with ankle injuries I'd classify as nagging but even that could be serious depending on grade level.
Vould they play / should they play? All we see is the decision.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2026, 03:23:45 PMIt's confusing. We have players that can't practice with injuries reported and play every week. Then we have Kramdi reported as practising at full every day and not playing.
The reasoning behind any injury and whether a player plays or not is not clear. Many players suffer ankle injuries and " rest " is a good idea. Where a given line is drawn on the ability to survive a game and play to a standard is not clear from the outside.
We don't really know the extent of Kramdi's injury and whether returning now puts him at further risk. Being able to practice is not the same as game requirements. I hope the decision is not based on SMS.
What I do question is the Plan B process with injuries and lack of practice we have. Example: Bryant, Broxton and Eli have all had injuries to deal with recently. While we don't normally roster an extra import OL, wouldn't adding Vanterpool in the short term be a good option as opposed to another import ST player?
Broken bones take time to heal, the x-ray might look healed and the player might feel good enough to participate in full practice without hitting. But if they subject the bone to full contact the progress could be immediately undone and the player has to start again from ground zero, which is highly demoralizing for all involved.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 28, 2026, 05:59:17 PMBroken bones take time to heal, the x-ray might look healed and the player might feel good enough to participate in full practice without hitting. But if they subject the bone to full contact the progress could be immediately undone and the player has to start again from ground zero, which is highly demoralizing for all involved.
I'm not disputing that but we don't know what the injury was in detail. That was my point. You made a valid point about healing time versus the ability to practice.
I said all along I didn't expect him to return until his 6 game stint was over.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 28, 2026, 05:59:09 PMYes and no. Kramdi could have a sprain which would be classified as a nagging injury. Or he could have a broken wrist or finger which would be classified as serious.
Reports have only said hand injury without any details that I've heard.
Other players with ankle injuries I'd classify as nagging but even that could be serious depending on grade level.
Vould they play / should they play? All we see is the decision.
Cast on thumb I think its serious
I think we dodged the injury bug this week
Few guys nicked but nothing serious?
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 29, 2026, 02:56:06 PMCast on thumb I think its serious
That's still a matter of degree. It's serious but less serious than broken wrist. You can protect that injury with the " right " cast. A player can still knock down or int with a good hand that kind of cast on the other hand. It does impede ability to tackle as efficiently.
I heard Demski went to the locker in the 4Q but we know he's had an ankle injury. That will probably bother him for the rest of the year.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 29, 2026, 05:57:06 PMThat's still a matter of degree. It's serious but less serious than broken wrist. You can protect that injury with the " right " cast. A player can still knock down or int with a good hand that kind of cast on the other hand. It does impede ability to tackle as efficiently.
I heard Demski went to the locker in the 4Q but we know he's had an ankle injury. That will probably bother him for the rest of the year.
Don't fully agree with that. It's serious enough to ensure he didn't play nor risk reinjurying it.
The injury would have impacted his ability to play as well.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 29, 2026, 06:45:19 PMDon't fully agree with that. It's serious enough to ensure he didn't play nor risk reinjurying it.
The injury would have impacted his ability to play as well.
It's a fact though. Players have played with that sort of injury and a cast. The cast encloses the thumb essentially with the 1st finger and some additional padding so it's not an isolated joint. I've played with a cast two weeks after I had hairline fractures in my wrist.
Is there some additional risk? Yes. Is there some limitations? Yes.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 29, 2026, 06:53:44 PMIt's a fact though. Players have played with that sort of injury and a cast. The cast encloses the thumb essentially with the 1st finger and some additional padding so it's not an isolated joint. I've played with a cast two weeks after I had hairline fractures in my wrist.
Is there some additional risk? Yes. Is there some limitations? Yes.
Fact is he didn't play due to a few factors:
1. Wasn't cleared
2. Limitations
3. Key cog not risking reinjury
Made the right call for one of our defensive leaders. Patience pays off.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 29, 2026, 06:57:16 PMFact is he didn't play due to a few factors:
1. Wasn't cleared
2. Limitations
3. Key cog not risking reinjury
Made the right call for one of our defensive leaders. Patience pays off.
You and your patience. It's ok to clear 4 other players that didn't practice though, right? No further risk to them. lol
Noting that Demski didn't finish the game.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 29, 2026, 07:00:46 PMYou and your patience. It's ok to clear 4 other players that didn't practice though, right? No further risk to them. lol
Noting that Demski didn't finish the game.
Its exactly the point.
Yup patience works.
Folks complain we rush guys and now you want to rush Kramdi.
The difference is as noted earlier that the severity of injury dictates the situation.
Nagging injuries need rest but these guys can play all year like this. The more serious ones warrant patience and risk management.
Trust the medical staff, they are top in the biz.
Quote from: Blueforlife on August 29, 2026, 07:04:08 PMIts exactly the point.
Yup patience works.
Folks complain we rush guys and now you want to rush Kramdi.
The difference is as noted earlier that the severity of injury dictates the situation.
Nagging injuries need rest but these guys can play all year like this. The more serious ones warrant patience and risk management.
Trust the medical staff, they are top in the biz.
I specifically said I expected him to spend 6 games on the IR. I never once suggested he should play. At best I suggested he could play but if necessary.
I'd be more concerned about any sort of ankle or knee injury than a thumb injury.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 29, 2026, 07:10:14 PMI specifically said I expected him to spend 6 games on the IR. I never once suggested he should play. At best I suggested he could play but if necessary.
I'd be more concerned about any sort of ankle or knee injury than a thumb injury.
Sounds like we are simply debating the the definition of a serious injury then, ok thanks for the clarity here. Agree a out ankles and knees very good point.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueBombers/posts/injury-report-august-24-2026forthew-doctors-manitoba/1597940778345915/
Nichols and Kramdi are listed on the injury report.
Any word if Cam Allen or Michael Griffin will play again this season ?
Quote from: PloenFan on August 30, 2026, 01:40:39 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/BlueBombers/posts/injury-report-august-24-2026forthew-doctors-manitoba/1597940778345915/
Nichols and Kramdi are listed on the injury report.
Any word if Cam Allen or Michael Griffin will play again this season ?
That injury report is from Mondays practice, we won't get another one after their next practice.
I don't expect to see Cam Allen. He seems to have had surgery at some point.
Who knows on Griffin.
Here are some questions:
- Can Kelly play HB as well as safety, since he was listed at HB on an old depth chart ?
- Is there much difference playing RHB versus LHB ?
- If not, could we switch Kelly to LHB, Williams to LCB, and let Vaval be the LCB backup ?
If Vaval is the LCB backup, there is probably less chance he gets injured, since he's our only decent PR/KR.
Quote from: PloenFan on August 30, 2026, 02:20:17 AMHere are some questions:
- Can Kelly play HB as well as safety, since he was listed at HB on an old depth chart ?
- Is there much difference playing RHB versus LHB ?
- If not, could we switch Kelly to LHB, Williams to LCB, and let Vaval be the LCB backup ?
If Vaval is the LCB backup, there is probably less chance he gets injured, since he's our only decent PR/KR.
Kelly can barely play safety, he'd get killed at HB.
Hazen had a full-speed collision on ST early on and looked shaken and hobbled off. Not sure yet if he came back. Of course, him being out wouldn't be the end of the world.
Quote from: Tecno on August 30, 2026, 07:21:54 AMHazen had a full-speed collision on ST early on and looked shaken and hobbled off. Not sure yet if he came back. Of course, him being out wouldn't be the end of the world.
I did not see that one thanks
Quote from: PloenFan on August 30, 2026, 02:20:17 AMHere are some questions:
- Can Kelly play HB as well as safety, since he was listed at HB on an old depth chart ?
- Is there much difference playing RHB versus LHB ?
- If not, could we switch Kelly to LHB, Williams to LCB, and let Vaval be the LCB backup ?
If Vaval is the LCB backup, there is probably less chance he gets injured, since he's our only decent PR/KR.
It's not really a left vs right anymore. You have your boundary/weakside/shortside and field/strongside/wideside.
Nichols is our best DB.
Quote from: DM83 on August 30, 2026, 04:59:14 PMNichols is our best DB.
In 2023. Holm has easily been our best defender over the past two seasons and it's not particularly close. You could see the decline in Nichols game last year and the bottom fell out this year.
Ottawa LB N. Morgan missed 3 games with a broken wrist and played last night. His entire hand was enclosed in a club like cast and he recorded 5 DT's.
I'm not suggesting this is reason to activate Kramdi. I'm just pointing out the line between clearing a player and not is a grey line in some cases. The could versus should play question.
The broadcasters mentioned the Redblacks have something like 19 players on IR. They are in a desperate situation which may have influenced their criteria.
I've mentioned I don't expect Kramdi to play this week and have no problem with that decision if that's what happens.
I seen that club!
Anyone else notice how Kramdi is being groomed for a coaching role? Look at him working the sidelines with his glasses and clipboard. I think either he's been given some duties, or he's just taken it into his own hands.
If we start to feel his play isn't good enough, he could be on the asst or unit coach fast track.
Come back to this post in 2 to 5 years.
Quote from: Tecno on August 31, 2026, 02:24:36 PMAnyone else notice how Kramdi is being groomed for a coaching role? Look at him working the sidelines with his glasses and clipboard. I think either he's been given some duties, or he's just taken it into his own hands.
If we start to feel his play isn't good enough, he could be on the asst or unit coach fast track.
Come back to this post in 2 to 5 years.
I didn't notice that but he may have coaching in his future. O'Shea comments about how smart he is and how he understands what offences are throwing at the defence.
He wouldn't be the 1st Bomber player to transition into coaching.
I think if Kramdi is a lifer for us then if he wanted it, he could try coaching. He is a leader, smart and a good communicator. Could have the tools. I like the slow roast development of in house players to coaches.
Quote from: Tecno on August 31, 2026, 02:24:36 PMAnyone else notice how Kramdi is being groomed for a coaching role? Look at him working the sidelines with his glasses and clipboard. I think either he's been given some duties, or he's just taken it into his own hands.
If we start to feel his play isn't good enough, he could be on the asst or unit coach fast track.
Come back to this post in 2 to 5 years.
Thought that was why they were keeping BA around, but I guess he didn't have the chops or the smarts for coaching, sounds like he's moving back to the States.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 31, 2026, 04:30:01 PMThought that was why they were keeping BA around, but I guess he didn't have the chops or the smarts for coaching, sounds like he's moving back to the States.
I have no idea but I think with the offer to teach grade 9 math, gym and coach track back home was too go and stable an offer as there is. Hard to know if there was an option here. Sounded like such a good dude. He said so many nice things about the Bombers, sounds like we treated him very well and let him transfer from player to his latest role in schools with ease. Classy organization. I bet he will make such a difference back home. Imagine having him as your coach or gym teacher. Freaking boss baby. He was very good in his time here. I wish him the very best. Brown says he needs to be admitted to the Bomber hall of fame or something like that. Can't recall those dets very well. BA said he would be back on occasion. BA had a funny story about last time he drove home straight! Said he won't do that again LOL.