According to the Bomber FB page, Kornelson and American DB Matthew Jackson were released today.
Not surprised.
I'm a bit surprised at Korny. I thought he was a long-term project. He was doing ok in my good/bad scoring (2 good / 0 bad). However, he probably wasn't making as much of an impact as we wanted.
As a NAT at a tought-to-NAT position, he'll probably get looks elsewhere.
And could this be more of a case of a IR -> PR/AR numbers thing rather than any sort of recent performance punishment?
IOW, we might see Korny back if injuries hit again?
Quote from: Tecno on August 12, 2026, 10:11:39 PMI'm a bit surprised at Korny. I thought he was a long-term project. He was doing ok in my good/bad scoring (2 good / 0 bad). However, he probably wasn't making as much of an impact as we wanted.
As a NAT at a tought-to-NAT position, he'll probably get looks elsewhere.
I don't often post or comment here but I am because,imo, Kornelson being cut was long overdue. He has not played well when given the chance and I would be surprised if he's picked up by any other team.
Quote from: Slimy Sculpin on August 12, 2026, 10:23:06 PMI don't often post or comment here but I am because,imo, Kornelson being cut was long overdue. He has not played well when given the chance and I would be surprised if he's picked up by any other team.
Might if others have injuries or light on DL Cdns
Hasn't showed much so might be done
Releasing Kornelson is no surprise, he hasn't showed anything sooner or later you have to cut your loses and move on
Blue Bombers Transactions - August 12, 2026
WINNIPEG, MB., August 12, 2026 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions.
Released:
American defensive back Matthew Jackson
National defensive lineman Collin Kornelson
Not up to speed regarding the PR spots (how many can you have etc) so does this open spots up for adding some new bodies on the PR?
Quote from: TrueBlue4 on August 13, 2026, 03:19:46 AMNot up to speed regarding the PR spots (how many can you have etc) so does this open spots up for adding some new bodies on the PR?
If I understand the rule correctly.
Standard size of the PR is 10.
Max is 12 with 2 Globe players
Min. 2 Canadian players.
Max. 9 American players.
I am thinking some players are coming off of the IR and the Bombers are opening up spots on the PR.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 13, 2026, 01:06:59 PMIf I understand the rule correctly.
Standard size of the PR is 10.
Max is 12 with 2 Globe players
Min. 2 Canadian players.
Max. 9 American players.
I am thinking some players are coming off of the IR and the Bombers are opening up spots on the PR.
I thought they increased the PR this season. Either way we have 13 on the PR but only 1 global. That would suggest we're over? There will be more activity today.
Elgersma and Vanterpool likely go to RR.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2026, 01:10:23 PMI thought they increased the PR this season. Either way we have 13 on the PR but only 1 global. That would suggest we're over? There will be more activity today.
Elgersma and Vanterpool likely go to RR.
Max practice roster size is now 12. 2 extra spots were added in the off-season, one of the two spots needs to be a Canadian. Somewhat related teams can choose their 30 day window to add 5 additional spots to the PR which is obviously usually timed to NFL camps.
I think made a grand total of 2 plays his entire time here.
We given loads of opportunity.
Kornelson's release should come as no surprise; he seems like a fringe/depth player at best.
I guess this means Lawson's good to go...?
Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 13, 2026, 02:09:43 PMKornelson's release should come as no surprise; he seems like a fringe/depth player at best.
I guess this means Lawson's good to go...?
I think we'll get Lawson back early from the 6 game IR. The downside is that he can't stay healthy. The fact we added Hazen suggests our need on the DL was slightly less with Lawson returning.
Clark must be returning as well since Novak was bumped to the PR.
Depth chart on Facebook does show Lawson, Collaros and Broxton back. OTOH it shows Oliveria as a GTD? He's been nicked for a while. All the more reason to add Peterson as in game depth.
Roster on CFL.CA does show Clark back on AR. However Vibert doesn't show anywhere after being moved to RR then PR?
Quote from: Slimy Sculpin on August 12, 2026, 10:23:06 PMI don't often post or comment here but I am because,imo, Kornelson being cut was long overdue.
I wonder if Korny getting such an extended look, and more shots than normal, was mafia and fatboi hoping they found the next fatboi?
Ya, some might say Korny is roughly fatboi level... But mafia never thought so low of fatboi! I wonder in what specific way did Korny let them down vs how fatboi performed his first few seasons...
Quote from: Tecno on August 13, 2026, 02:31:04 PMI wonder if Korny getting such an extended look, and more shots than normal, was mafia and fatboi hoping they found the next fatboi?
Ya, some might say Korny is roughly fatboi level... But mafia never thought so low of fatboi! I wonder in what specific way did Korny let them down vs how fatboi performed his first few seasons...
If I'm counting correctly this is the 5th time Kornelson has been cut by the Bombers, but he always rises again because Lawson and Schmeck are unable to stay healthy long term. I believe this move is just a convenient way to make room on the roster for players coming off the IR. He's local, convenient and affable and he's a capable DT plugger, people need to stop expecting real DT's to chase down QB's, their #1 job is gap pluggers. If Ceresna paid more attention to that part of his job instead of doing somersaults after sacks with Willy the D wouldn't be giving up so many horrendous rushing yards.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 13, 2026, 05:28:20 PMIf Ceresna paid more attention to that part of his job instead of doing somersaults after sacks with Willy the D wouldn't be giving up so many horrendous rushing yards.
Quite the leap there, man.
Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2026, 02:18:46 PMI think we'll get Lawson back early from the 6 game IR. The downside is that he can't stay healthy. The fact we added Hazen suggests our need on the DL was slightly less with Lawson returning.
Clark must be returning as well since Novak was bumped to the PR.
Depth chart on Facebook does show Lawson, Collaros and Broxton back. OTOH it shows Oliveria as a GTD? He's been nicked for a while. All the more reason to add Peterson as in game depth.
Roster on CFL.CA does show Clark back on AR. However Vibert doesn't show anywhere after being moved to RR then PR?
Surprised Clark replaced Novak, either Novak hasn't fully recovered from injury and needs more time or he's actually been displaced by Clark and on his way out. Remarkably similar ST LB's, in size and age, both 5th round draft picks with Clark being drafted this year and Novak last. Can't say I can judge their efforts on ST but maybe Clark has the potential to become a rotational LB eventually.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 13, 2026, 05:44:51 PMSurprised Clark replaced Novak, either Novak hasn't fully recovered from injury and needs more time or he's actually been displaced by Clark and on his way out. Remarkably similar ST LB's, in size and age, both 5th round draft picks with Clark being drafted this year and Novak last. Can't say I can judge their efforts on ST but maybe Clark has the potential to become a rotational LB eventually.
If Novak is healthy, this surprises me too, but maybe he's just no all the way back yet...
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 13, 2026, 05:44:51 PMSurprised Clark replaced Novak, either Novak hasn't fully recovered from injury and needs more time or he's actually been displaced by Clark and on his way out. Remarkably similar ST LB's, in size and age, both 5th round draft picks with Clark being drafted this year and Novak last. Can't say I can judge their efforts on ST but maybe Clark has the potential to become a rotational LB eventually.
Yeah I don't know why he was replaced but when Novak got bumped to PR it seemed that would happen. Novak was injured since 2025 so he may not be in game shape even now that he's healthy.
Novak hasn't been good on STs since his return. Clark has been more productive when he's on the field.
Quote from: Pigskin on August 13, 2026, 06:27:51 PMNovak hasn't been good on STs since his return. Clark has been more productive when he's on the field.
Don't really expect either to grow beyond ST players while American LB's are the current standard on the team, Shay may be in the same position as he hasn't received any game reps so far this season. Ethan Stuart may have the most potential to progress as he showed flashes in pre-season but he's more of a DB/Safety.