Main Menu

Recent posts

No problem letting Rosery be the RB on the PR this year, no need for an import RB with 4 solid Natls. including MCI. Likely Augustine's last year as a Bomber at the salary he's earning, prep. Rosery as his replacement.
Blue Bomber & CFL Discussion Forum / Re: Taquan Mizzell
Last post by kkc60 - Today at 03:00:48 PM
Eh, maybe but not really needed. I like Smith, but if he's not the guy or if Mizzell is an upgrade perhaps. Mizzell does offer a good bit as a receiver
I don't like giving all the rookies the second pre-season game. I'd like us to use the starters for a quarter to get their game timing down. 

I don't care about the battle for 3 string QB. If we need to start them, then we've lost Collaros and Streveler and the game is probably lost anyway. 

I don't care about the battle for the PR spots. I care about game reps for the starters. 
Blue Bomber & CFL Discussion Forum / Taquan Mizzell
Last post by Blue In BC - Today at 02:34:47 PM
Should we be taking a look at him for depth on the PR? I'm not sure he'd accept that role but he had some impressive games last year and would still be an ELC guy.

We normally keep an import RB on the PR. Smith could be that guy or he may end end up on the AR as a returner? I'll be watching him today to see how he does although we an entirely new OL, I'm not sure we run much and it's not a fair assessment per se.

I do expect we'll see another RB found and added to the PR in the next couple of weeks.
Offside Forum / Re: NHL Discussion (Other than...
Last post by blue_gold_84 - Today at 02:14:10 PM
Zibanejad made a similar mistake last night. And the result was an empty netter for the Panthers.

Panthers are a win away from the SCF!
Long shot but is anyone selling their B Bowl tickets?
Offside Forum / Re: Winnipeg Jets Discussion -...
Last post by blue_gold_84 - Today at 01:07:17 PM
Quote from: BlueFire on May 30, 2024, 10:57:19 AMToffoli didn't work out here.

Based on what?
Grainger probably ends up on the PR so we can get a longer look. After all he's just 23 and needs to adjust to being a pro, learning the CFL game etc etc. Can't expect him to do that in such a short time.

Due to losses in free agency, retirements and injuries we have several roster spots up for grabs. Looking forward to seeing what the rookies will bring in these fierce competitions.  With so many veterans sitting out, it may be difficult to assess what some players achieve. It will require review of the game film by coaches and TC evaluations. Those will be more significant information than pre season games only.

We all know our offence is going to be excellent regardless of some final selections for a new receiver or OL.

I'll be more interested to watch play on the defensive side of the ball.  It appears we will have 6 new starters due to injuries to 3 starters: Bighill, Parker and Lawson.

Reports from TC suggest we've found some very good young talent but which win the starters roles is not necessarily obvious to us posters. Most of us can't even attend practice.

Looking forward to watching the game tonight. GO BOMBERS.  I'm not basing a win as a must but hope we can at least be competitive and minimize mistakes and blown assignments.

The depth chart doesn't show any starters from 2023 playing and only a few that were even with the team last year. Let's hope we don't lose anybody we expect to win a role suffering a new injury.
Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 04:27:01 AMNot really an even playing field when Wilson has had a couple more weeks longer than Grainger to learn the CFL game.  Liked what Wilson did in the first pre-season game, my mind is already made up.  ;D

Wilson for sure has a big advantage on the #3 right now. Hopefully they both put together a couple good drives so we can actually get multiple players getting touches & making plays.  I'm expecting quite a few struggles though.
Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2024, 08:42:09 PMDo you feel better leaving IGF/PAS after winning a PS or losing it??  Now, imagine you're a kid in the stands who doesn't understand it's "just a PS".  Imagine the few holdouts thinking "should I buy a ST this year or not?" after we just lost PS#2 by 50 points...

It is evaluation, and we here know that, but losing (especially badly) is not without consequence.  It is a fact that the teams try harder in their home PS game, mainly by leaving their starters in longer.  Also, for the home game teams can dress everyone they want without having to fly everyone out and pay for hotels.

So far this PS the home teams are 3-2, but those 2 are a bad-looking HAM that tried really hard by leaving BLM in an entire half, and EDM, which needs no explanation -- they are just EDM.  I bet by the time the PS is over the home teams have won 66%-75%.

I have to agree.  For those fans in the seats, I don't think they care much about evaluation.  They want to see celebrate TDs and walk out winners.
Clubs should 1/2 price PS games since most wouldn't even know a single player in this lineup