Off Season News - Blue Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, December 01, 2022, 05:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Pigskin

Would be nice to get Stetson Bennett on our neg. list.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on January 10, 2023, 10:40:23 PM

I very much doubt that would ever lead to anything.

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on January 11, 2023, 12:33:51 AM
I very much doubt that would ever lead to anything.

Reportedly he won't even be a high NFL draft choice. The comment I heard was weak arm for the NFL.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on January 10, 2023, 10:40:23 PM

No kidding, he looks like Doug Flutie, at 5'-11" 190 lbs. probably too small for the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbzKLP_PpK8&ab_channel=JustBombsProductions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 11, 2023, 01:16:26 AM
Reportedly he won't even be a high NFL draft choice. The comment I heard was weak arm for the NFL.

I feel like, with QBs, if we know their names at this point of their career, it's a good bet they're not coming north.

With NIL's, he's probably already made more money than he would in a career up here, lol.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 11, 2023, 05:24:44 AM
No kidding, he looks like Doug Flutie, at 5'-11" 190 lbs. probably too small for the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbzKLP_PpK8&ab_channel=JustBombsProductions

Agree, this guy is Flutie 2.0, but with a little more speed.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 11, 2023, 11:50:35 AM
I feel like, with QBs, if we know their names at this point of their career, it's a good bet they're not coming north.

With NIL's, he's probably already made more money than he would in a career up here, lol.

For anyone else wondering what the hell a "NIL" is it's the new acronym for "name, image, likeness"....and you're probably right, he's already become a Natl. celebrity for all the right reasons, unlike Johnny Manziel. 

The surprising thing about Bennett is he is 25 and still playing college football.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Walters was talking on WST this afternoon and all but confirmed Demski and Jeffcoat will be back (referred to Hardrick as well but we know that one already).
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bludan

Listened to the interview with Kyle Walters today.  Always love listening to him speak about the team. He's so candid and straightforward.  Sounds like the offseason is going really well. Feeling optimistic we'll get a lot of our key guys back and have created a culture that allows us to pick up a few good vets such as Ellingson (who I'm really hoping we'll be able to retain) to team friendly contracts. 

I know 3DN was trying to create some drama with Kyle and his contract, but he really didn't sound like someone that plans to be going anywhere in the interview.  He sounded very happy with and optimistic about the future of the team and I'm really hoping we'll hear about an extension for him shortly.

TecnoGenius

If Jeffcoat is back I want to see him stay out of the tub.  If he's gonna 3 month the tub again, I want to see us sign a vet DE in the interim.  Either that or force Kongbo to come back  ;)

Having no Hansen and no Jeffcoat really stunk for that stretch of games.  Jeffcoat needs to make sure that nagging issue is healed in the off-season.  Let's hand it to Willie... that dude is amazing at staying uninjured in comparison to many DEs.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 12, 2023, 07:14:41 AM
If Jeffcoat is back I want to see him stay out of the tub.  If he's gonna 3 month the tub again, I want to see us sign a vet DE in the interim.  Either that or force Kongbo to come back  ;)

Having no Hansen and no Jeffcoat really stunk for that stretch of games.  Jeffcoat needs to make sure that nagging issue is healed in the off-season.  Let's hand it to Willie... that dude is amazing at staying uninjured in comparison to many DEs.

Players are going to get injured. I would like to see better roster management, tbh.

We need to have more than Willie and Jackson on the game day roster. They need to some snap relief and we need quality back-ups.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on January 12, 2023, 11:45:42 AM
Players are going to get injured. I would like to see better roster management, tbh.

We need to have more than Willie and Jackson on the game day roster. They need to some snap relief and we need quality back-ups.

Agree 100%, if Jeffcoat could have been rotated more he may not have had to miss so much time, when healthy he may be the best pure pass rusher in the league.  Hansen should be back ready to rock but not convinced Keion Adams is a future starter, which is what they need to find considering the advancing age of the 2 Jeffs.