2024 Free Agency Signings/Transactions (Other CFL Teams)

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2024, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 15, 2024, 02:38:13 PMLB Lawrence retires: https://www.cfl.ca/2024/02/15/longtime-ticat-simoni-lawrence-announces-retirement/

At least he didn't Durant Hamilton... he could probably signed a deal with a bonus and then retired...

A player no one liked to play against, but wouldn't mind on their team.  Hamilton will miss him.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 15, 2024, 04:34:01 AMPrukop to BC is also a perfect move.  BC desperately needed to improve their SY game and Prukop is the best.  We will field Strev as #2 & #3 & SY all-in-1, so we didn't need him.

I don't see anyone taking Dom Davis as he can't do #2, #3 or SY well.  However, a desperate team with tons'o'injuries mid-season may bite if he stays in shape.  This is likely the moment that Dom Davis finally retires.  He had a pretty long run, and plenty of shots.
I'm curious to how much BC is paying Adams, Prukop and Dolegala....thats gotta be a very hefty payroll for QB's. Sounds like previous BC and Calgary teams in the last 20 years that over spent at QB with mixed positive and negative results.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on February 15, 2024, 05:36:28 PMI'm curious to how much BC is paying Adams, Prukop and Dolegala....thats gotta be a very hefty payroll for QB's. Sounds like previous BC and Calgary teams in the last 20 years that over spent at QB with mixed positive and negative results.

Neither are earning $100k and Adams is being paid well below Collaros salary, Bombers are paying more for QB's than BC.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on February 15, 2024, 05:36:28 PMI'm curious to how much BC is paying Adams, Prukop and Dolegala....

My guess on Prukop as probably the best roving SY QB is $120k.  Dolegala was probably close to ELC (maybe $90?) as I doubt he had any other phone calls.  However, if I had my choice, I'd take Fine over him (both suck).
Never go full Rider!

BLUEBOMBER

Sad to see Bailey go.. but unfortunately American receivers are a dime a dozen..

DM83

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on February 19, 2024, 12:23:42 AMWhere did Bailey go?

Couch.

And if no one takes him at his premium ask, and he still wants to ball, then we can probably get him back at $20k above ELC.  I would pay that in a heartbeat.  He didn't do much in the GC, but he did a lot of clutch conversions in the reg season, and he's a good blocker and good at taking punishment and shaking it off.  Has the dude ever been injured?
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 19, 2024, 01:14:08 AMCouch.

And if no one takes him at his premium ask, and he still wants to ball, then we can probably get him back at $20k above ELC.  I would pay that in a heartbeat.  He didn't do much in the GC, but he did a lot of clutch conversions in the reg season, and he's a good blocker and good at taking punishment and shaking it off.  Has the dude ever been injured?

With the players under contract, Bailey, while excellent, barring injury, is redundant.  We need the 4/5th rec spot (depending where you put Wolitarsky) for a development player to eventually replace Lawler or Schoen or whomever is the next WR we can't afford to re-sign. 

Even at ELC + $20k, we are more than deep enough at vet WR.

I would love to see him back, and your scenario might play out, or he might even get a call is someone slips in the shower next week.  But if Kyle has any intent in signing him after Schoen signed, Bailey would already have his name on a contract.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 19, 2024, 01:14:08 AMCouch.

And if no one takes him at his premium ask, and he still wants to ball, then we can probably get him back at $20k above ELC.  I would pay that in a heartbeat.  He didn't do much in the GC, but he did a lot of clutch conversions in the reg season, and he's a good blocker and good at taking punishment and shaking it off. Has the dude ever been injured?

He was a GTD for the West Final and the Grey Cup, played both games with a bad knee.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 19, 2024, 03:13:52 AMHe was a GTD for the West Final and the Grey Cup, played both games with a bad knee.

But has Bailey ever missed games?  I can't recall one.  Certainly isn't known as a "tub sitter".

As for the bad knee... after the result of the '23 GC, I'm wondering if the hobbled-starter is better than the eager next-man-up.  So many players we may have made the wrong call on: Biggie, Schoen, Bailey.  Who else?  All injured and questionable.  All started and then did not much of anything.

I wasn't a big believer in the next-man-up idea, but maybe I am now?  The Mafia needs to take a long hard look at that strategy should it recur going into the '24 GC.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 19, 2024, 03:58:35 AMI'm wondering if the hobbled-starter is better than the eager next-man-up.  So many players we may have made the wrong call on: Biggie, Schoen, Bailey.  Who else?  All injured and questionable.  All started and then did not much of anything.
Just my own theory but I feel Biggie played only because it was a possibility he would want to retire a winner and this was his last game. O'Shea is like that. I don't see Grey cup week practices or warmup so I don't know what he showed. It was also well known he had a leg injury, you think Montreal would not exploit it? If we get back we have to put the best team on the field regardless of how hard it is to tell a Bighill he has to sit.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on February 19, 2024, 01:04:57 PMJust my own theory but I feel Biggie played only because it was a possibility he would want to retire a winner and this was his last game. O'Shea is like that. I don't see Grey cup week practices or warmup so I don't know what he showed. It was also well known he had a leg injury, you think Montreal would not exploit it? If we get back we have to put the best team on the field regardless of how hard it is to tell a Bighill he has to sit.

From my understanding Grey Cup week with all of it's events does not allow for any serious practice time, basically have to rely on a walk-through the day before the game.  The Als may have had an advantage of a normal game-day week, if they delayed their arrival and flew in the day before the game.