NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Old Rusty on April 20, 2017, 03:15:18 AM
At the start of the second period - Calgary appears to be a beaten team.  :-X

They made it interesting but the Ducks are simply a superior team. Just like we saw with the Jets two years ago.

This series reminded me of one thing: man, I dislike the Anaheim Ducks. ;D

I don't imagine Elliott or Johnson get re-upped in Cowtown, either.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Anaheim is a superior team, but then again, the Caps are far superior t the Leafs... and look how that series is going.

The Ducks seem to find ways to win.  Our series against them is case in point, we led most of the series, and got swept.  That stat was insane.  That said, I'd hate to face the Ducks in the first round... ever.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 20, 2017, 03:42:12 PM
I don't imagine Elliott or Johnson get re-upped in Cowtown, either.

Hearing certain people go on and on and on about bringing Elliott in to the Jets this season made this whole series absolutely hilarious to me. Another case of someone hearing a name on the radio and attaching themselves to that idea with a death grip without ever actually watching that player play.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on April 20, 2017, 03:52:36 PM
Hearing certain people go on and on and on about bringing Elliott in to the Jets this season made this whole series absolutely hilarious to me. Another case of someone hearing a name on the radio and attaching themselves to that idea with a death grip without ever actually watching that player play.

Replace his name with Fleury, Bishop, etc. It's comical. :D

Fans back home have to be some of those most delusional when it comes to goalies. Disregard the other glaring issues and simply plug and play another goalie named ________ and they're a playoff team. Absolutely absurd.

A veteran goalie would help but it's not that simple. Look what just happened to the Flames. ;)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

buckzumhoff

Anaheim skates and they play together with good coaching.  . Anaheim has 2 or 3 good lines .  And the coaches care about wins not whether they are improving .

dd

What's hilarious is people dumping on Elliot, who is a decent goalie and I hope Calgary doesn't extend him as I bet Chevy is interested and even suggested that (acquiring a veteran goaltender) at his year end conference e.

And while we re trashing Elliot, add Crawford to the pile of useless goalies who can't win a game all by themselves. He s junk, Chicago should just out and out release him

What's truly hilarious is how folks defend the inconsistent and sub par netminding we got this year and then trash other netminders who had a far better year this year at stopping a wrist shot from the blue line, far, far better

Not to worry about our current goaltending situation , guarantee you Chevy dips into the FA market and brings in a more consistent performer for next year, bet on it.

Colton

Quote from: dd on April 21, 2017, 01:26:43 AM
What's hilarious is people dumping on Elliot, who is a decent goalie and I hope Calgary doesn't extend him as I bet Chevy is interested and even suggested that (acquiring a veteran goaltender) at his year end conference e.

And while we re trashing Elliot, add Crawford to the pile of useless goalies who can't win a game all by themselves. He s junk, Chicago should just out and out release him

What's truly hilarious is how folks defend the inconsistent and sub par netminding we got this year and then trash other netminders who had a far better year this year at stopping a wrist shot from the blue line, far, far better

Not to worry about our current goaltending situation , guarantee you Chevy dips into the FA market and brings in a more consistent performer for next year, bet on it.

Could you even name the teams Elliott played for before this season without looking it up beforehand? You sure as hell don't even know how to spell his name correctly.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on April 21, 2017, 06:48:22 AM
Could you even name the teams Elliott played for before this season without looking it up beforehand? You sure as hell don't even know how to spell his name correctly.

And then dumps on Crawford, a two-time Stanley Cup Champion, because his team couldn't score a goal to save its life. :D

Elliott is a streaky goaltender. That's not an insult. It's valid and factual criticism.

I totally forgot to mention the big news out Buffalo yesterday with Murray and Bylsma getting booted from the Sabres, which I imagine stemmed from the report Eichel wouldn't renegotiate if the latter remained head coach. Supposedly, a number of players were fed up with him and his coaching style.

That organization is a mess.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Would suggest that Crawford is definitely not "junk"
Buffalo compounded their bad situation by also releasing their complete Scouting crew.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on April 21, 2017, 09:08:33 PM
Would suggest that Crawford is definitely not "junk"
Buffalo compounded their bad situation by also releasing their complete Scouting crew.

Jee-zus... Why would the do that? ???

Senators cough up the dreaded two goal lead and the Bruins appear to be have life going into the final frame. The Leafs are keeping pace with the Capitals, who continue to find ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

Hell of a dive by Kadri in the second period, too. What a clown.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 21, 2017, 03:58:21 PM
And then dumps on Crawford, a two-time Stanley Cup Champion, because his team couldn't score a goal to save its life. :D

Elliott is a streaky goaltender. That's not an insult. It's valid and factual criticism.

I totally forgot to mention the big news out Buffalo yesterday with Murray and Bylsma getting booted from the Sabres, which I imagine stemmed from the report Eichel wouldn't renegotiate if the latter remained head coach. Supposedly, a number of players were fed up with him and his coaching style.

That organization is a mess.
My comment on Crawford was EXTREME SARCASM lost on you guys. The point was, we're dumping on Elliott (2 T's!!!), for loosing in the playoffs, so all of a sudden the great year he had in goal doesn't count for nothing, he's a looser according to other posters here, not me, so if you (not me) are going to bash a good goaltender for loosing in the playoffs, then why not bash Crawford while you're at it...what's that, Crawford isn't a bad goalie, well hell, he lost, 4 straight just like Elliott, so if you're saying Elliott is a bad goalie, then so is Crawford.

Fact is NEITHER is a bad goalie, and BOTH are far better than anything that has ever strapped the pads on in a Jets uniform, especially this year.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on April 22, 2017, 02:54:02 AM
My comment on Crawford was EXTREME SARCASM lost on you guys. The point was, we're dumping on Elliott (2 T's!!!), for loosing in the playoffs, so all of a sudden the great year he had in goal doesn't count for nothing, he's a looser according to other posters here, not me, so if you (not me) are going to bash a good goaltender for loosing in the playoffs, then why not bash Crawford while you're at it...what's that, Crawford isn't a bad goalie, well hell, he lost, 4 straight just like Elliott, so if you're saying Elliott is a bad goalie, then so is Crawford.

Fact is NEITHER is a bad goalie, and BOTH are far better than anything that has ever strapped the pads on in a Jets uniform, especially this year.

It'd be great if you learned to relax before logging on and replying. Oh, and to learn how to properly convey sarcasm. :-\

Again: I didn't bash Elliott. I criticized his play and explained why. And yeah, Crawford had a terrible first round, too. However, the Blackhawks were terrible as a whole, which I don't think can be said for the Flames, at least not in relative terms. They were able to score goals and didn't lose any lopsided games, much less get shut out in consecutive games on home ice. You can't just look at the two goalies and say they both were bad because their teams got swept, anyway. That's flawed reasoning and simply not a logical way of looking at it.

Crawford's stats in the first round: .902 SV%, 2.83 GAA
Elliott's stats in the first round: .880 SV%, 3.89GAA

So, it's easy to see who was worse. And FWIW, Crawford's career playoff numbers are better, too. In about double the amount of games played.

Both are good goalies and nobody is denying that. Your assertion having Elliott would've led to the Jets being a playoff team is what's being contested, though. That's oversimplification.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: dd on April 22, 2017, 02:54:02 AM

Neither guy came out of the gates as a super star goalie.

Your coment about a goalie winning games himself is just nuts..... A goalie that can win games himself is a goalie that plays with a team thats usually consistent in their play. And when a game goes south for the others a goalie can play great n keep them in the game or win it for them.

Our inconsistant play and our D without Myers all year pretty much is what caused us to miss.

If we had.... Buff, Morrissey, Trouba, Myers on D all year we get in.

4 solid guys that can play big min. And still have Toby in the mix.

Going out n spending on a vet goalie last year would be so stupid.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 22, 2017, 03:46:02 AM
It'd be great if you learned to relax before logging on and replying. Oh, and to learn how to properly convey sarcasm. :-\

Again: I didn't bash Elliott. I criticized his play and explained why. And yeah, Crawford had a terrible first round, too. However, the Blackhawks were terrible as a whole, which I don't think can be said for the Flames, at least not in relative terms. They were able to score goals and didn't lose any lopsided games, much less get shut out in consecutive games on home ice. You can't just look at the two goalies and say they both were bad because their teams got swept, anyway. That's flawed reasoning and simply not a logical way of looking at it.

Crawford's stats in the first round: .902 SV%, 2.83 GAA
Elliott's stats in the first round: .880 SV%, 3.89GAA

So, it's easy to see who was worse. And FWIW, Crawford's career playoff numbers are better, too. In about double the amount of games played.

Both are good goalies and nobody is denying that. Your assertion having Elliott would've led to the Jets being a playoff team is what's being contested, though. That's oversimplification.

Its not an oversimplification-I saw way, way, way too many soft blunderous goals go in our net his year , that took the wind out of our sails as a team , that a quality NHL netminder would have had, that would hVe made a difference between winning and loosing  in at least a half dozen games I watched, that's 12 points and we re in the playoffs

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on April 22, 2017, 12:59:15 PM
Its not an oversimplification-I saw way, way, way too many soft blunderous goals go in our net his year , that took the wind out of our sails as a team , that a quality NHL netminder would have had, that would hVe made a difference between winning and loosing  in at least a half dozen games I watched, that's 12 points and we re in the playoffs

Yeah, it is.

Extrapolation of your anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. :D

Your claim the Jets were only a "quality NHL netminder" away from making the playoffs demonstrates ignorance on your part. The goaltending wasn't the only issue that took the wind out of the Jets' sails, anyway.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.