Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2022/2023 Season

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2022, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Still technically the off-season but this seemed like good news worth sharing: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/welcome-to-the-jets-sara-orlesky/c-335286544

WINNIPEG - True North Sports + Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets are excited to welcome seasoned sports broadcaster Sara Orlesky to the Jets content team. As Sr. Host/Producer, Orlesky will bring a unique voice and exceptional storytelling ability to the team's exclusive, in-depth and behind-the-scenes coverage across all Winnipeg Jets platforms.

Born and raised in Winnipeg, Orlesky is a familiar face for Winnipeg sports fans, having hosted Jets ON TSN broadcasts for the last 11 seasons. She brings 20 years of sports broadcasting experience to the Jets content team having covered premier sporting events across the globe, including the Stanley Cup Finals, IIHF World Junior Championships, and the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, as well as covering the sidelines for the last 13 Grey Cup broadcasts.

"Having covered the Jets since day one, I know how incredibly passionate fans are about this team," Orlesky said. "I'm excited to join the organization and help provide fans with new and exciting coverage of their favourite players and team."
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

ModAdmin

Congratulations to Sarah.  Always appreciated her on the Bomber games.  Great knowledge and personality.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

Seems like an appropriate time to sticky the 2022/2023 Jets thread.  2021/2022 will be retired.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 17, 2022, 07:47:26 PM
https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-celebrate-teemu-selanne-teppo-numminen-with-hall-of-fame-induction/c-335303706

Nov. 17th is the ceremony at the arena (vs. ANA). Love it!
oh cool this is awesome! I would like to be there for that one! Thanks for posting.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Alex Chiasson, 6'4" 210 vet forward shoots right. Looks like he is still an FA??? Played for 800K last year. This would be an good signing for a 3rd. or 4th line player. He's big and plays with lot of grit.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

TC is getting closer ......... what's happening Chevy
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on August 28, 2022, 09:14:18 PM

Exactly what he's told us would happen.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jockitch on August 28, 2022, 09:14:18 PM
NOTHING FRIGGIN NOTHING!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

back on August 9th threw Gagner's name out there as a longshot to be signed , which was after I recommended Tyler Motte.
Who knew that Chevy was reading our discussions                                              or NOT  ;D ;D

Anyways, he still has to prove himself each shift but hopefully he provides the team with some savvy.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Basically fills the role Stastny had here but at a lower rate of production and thus, a much lower price. Should be able to fit into the bottom 6 quite nicely.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

He had 31 points last season, which would have led anyone on our team outside of the top 6, so I think it?s good piece.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on September 02, 2022, 11:46:57 PM
He had 31 points last season, which would have led anyone on our team outside of the top 6, so I think it?s good piece.

Yes, After our top 6 we were not very productive.

KC81- 91 Points.
MS55- 70
PL80- 60
BW26- 60
NE27- 55
PS25- 45
JM44- 37
AC9- 35
NP4- 34
NS88- 32
AL17- 20

Pigskin

Jet's apparently have 5.5M in cap space left. Rodrigues, Motte, Sprong, Milano, Chiasson, still out there.