Official Game Day Thread - Calgary @ Winnipeg, October 10, 2026

Started by ModAdmin, October 09, 2026, 04:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Losing Smith for the year would be a big blow. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Cool Spot

Quote from: Sway on Today at 03:52:25 AMIf Calgary beats BC

And Bombers win both remaining

Bombers 2nd place
That would put Calgary 9-9, Wpg 10-8, and BC 10-8. Why does that guarantee Wpg 2nd place? Wouldn't it would depend on who got more points between them if Wpg/BC split their series?

Cool Spot

Quote from: Mick on Today at 03:51:48 AMNo, BC has the series on sask. BC, WPG, and CGY all have the series on Sask.
Yes, you are right. BC has the series on Sask, as does Wpg and Cgy. I thought Sask had another game vs BC but I was wrong, it's two against Mtl and one against Edm. I think, as of time-of-writing, Sask is in a weak position.

What happens if:

- CGY loses next week to BC to finish 8-10
- WPG loses their remaining two games (against Edm and BC) to finish 8-10
- SASK loses their remaining three games (against Mtl, Mtl, Edm) to finish 8-10

I think in that case WPG takes third in the west and CGY takes the crossover (since WPG has the season series against CGY, and both have the season series against SASK)?

And, if CGY wins their next game to finish 9-9, WPG wins one of their remaining two games to finish 9-9, and SASK wins one of their remaining three to finish 9-9, it's the same scenario?

dd

QuoteU
Losing Smith for the year would be a big blow.
Man did he ever blow up the Calgary player tonight, biggest open field hit I can re,ever since Brian herosian!!

Tecno

Quote from: Cool Spot on Today at 04:25:31 AMAnd, if CGY wins their next game to finish 9-9, WPG wins one of their remaining two games to finish 9-9, and SASK wins one of their remaining three to finish 9-9, it's the same scenario?

No. Because if there's any 3 way at all it goes down to points for. And as you can probably guess, we are total butt at points for. I bet in any 3 way we end up last. So we want to avoid 3 ways.

It's a stupid rule, but it avoids the problem of a 3 way season series circle jerk. It could be that 1 holds the ss on 2, 2 on 3, and 3 on 1. So what do you do then? That's why it goes to points. I'd prefer it if 3ways are handled normally and only if you get a cycle like that do you go to points.

Someone will have to run the points math to see if I'm right about us losing out.

We had a similar situation a few years back where we were looking at points to decide 3ways. But I don't think it actually transpired. But just like now, we were set to lose out because by definition we are not a high scoring team. And come season end we can be punished for it.
Never go full Johnston!

Tecno

Ever notice that the bigger the game the more Brady fumbles? Dude can't remember to 2 arm it when the heat arrives??

How many big games, playoffs, and GCs has he fumbled in? I know the 25 esf for sure.

I'm pretty sure he's the most fumbly rb in a decade in big games. Someone run the stats. It's not a good look.

AH33 would fumble a few each season, but more in normal games, not big games. And you knew that if he did fumble he'd go on beast mode and get 150y and 2 td. Brady doesn't change at all after a fumble.

I find it unacceptable for the league's highest paid rb. And once again it almost lost us the game.
Never go full Johnston!

Tecno

The post game on field experience was more packed than I've seen all season, maybe even more than the bb.

And the store was also more packed, post game.

Earlier start probably helped, winning helped, weather helped, last game of the season helped.

Lots of fun. They did seem to kick us out a bit earlier than usual though. I'm always tempted to play red rover when they start the clear out line...
Never go full Johnston!