Hansen

Started by Blue In BC, October 06, 2026, 05:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did you feel he had an impressive game overall.

Yes
2 (18.2%)
No
5 (45.5%)
Only saw one good play on 3rd and short
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closes: October 13, 2026, 05:17:15 PM

Blue In BC

Quote from: Tecno on October 08, 2026, 01:41:19 PMWhen you study the plays enough you start to visualize and identify the schemes and personnel.

I know nothing about how kick coverage works and tsn never talks about it, and it's never talked about here. But I've picked up the gist with all my slow mo studying. What I'm missing is the nomenclature, outside of the word gunner.

I fully agree that this part of Canadian football needs more of a spotlight and talk. I'd love to learn more about it. I'd pay for some 2 hour workshop at pas where Miller or someone explains the schemes and verbiage. It could even just be in the film room.

I used to re-watch every game at least once during the season and then again during the off season. I don't do that as much any more. My focus was more on watching defence and offence because we can see more happening at the LOS than we can on ST's. I might watch a given play 3 or 4 times but without any slo mo to understand what went right or wrong.

Terminology has changed over the years and is hard to keep up with these days. My effort is to analyze strategy or specific player performances across many games.

Your idea of a workshop is a good one and I think would help a lot of fans understand more about the game.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Quote from: Tecno on October 08, 2026, 01:41:19 PMWhen you study the plays enough you start to visualize and identify the schemes and personnel.

I know nothing about how kick coverage works and tsn never talks about it, and it's never talked about here. But I've picked up the gist with all my slow mo studying. What I'm missing is the nomenclature, outside of the word gunner.

I fully agree that this part of Canadian football needs more of a spotlight and talk. I'd love to learn more about it. I'd pay for some 2 hour workshop at pas where Miller or someone explains the schemes and verbiage. It could even just be in the film room.
Sounds like a dream

dd

What is with the fan love affair with Hansen and elgersma?? I could understand if they showed promise and made some excellent plays in their limited play time but neither has. Couldn't care if either one was or wasn't on our roster

Blue In BC

#18
Quote from: dd on Today at 10:43:30 PMWhat is with the fan love affair with Hansen and elgersma?? I could understand if they showed promise and made some excellent plays in their limited play time but neither has. Couldn't care if either one was or wasn't on our roster

Elgersma is a Canadian QB that might have potential. Hard to say whether he's a better prospect than one on our neg list. However, he's here and they are not at the moment.

Very few QB's have immediate success. There is a learning curve at best and then they start their careers as back ups they see little playing time.

If we have an opportunity after playoff situation is determined we should see one of the back ups play a bit.

Hansen was a good player when he was here previously. It brings back good memories I suppose.  The question is who were the alternative global players we could have added instead?





One game at a time

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on Today at 10:43:30 PMWhat is with the fan love affair with Hansen and elgersma?? I could understand if they showed promise and made some excellent plays in their limited play time but neither has. Couldn't care if either one was or wasn't on our roster

You're a couple of days late for the brouhaha, I'd suggest you re-watch the game if you weren't paying attention the first time.