Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg @ Montreal, October 3, 2026

Started by ModAdmin, October 02, 2026, 01:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlf

CJOB on the short throw on 2nd.this is the bombers waving the white flag..  yeah.  Sad. Why NOT go for it? I agree.

MATS


Blue72

Why can't MOS get off his high chair and pull Brown and see what our other QB can do. He has to be the most stubborn coach in the CFL

Horseman

If I'm Dru, I am not even listening to Condell any longer, I would be calling my own plays and going down field with the throws, what are they going to do bench him. LOL

Horseman

This IS a complete joke, Williams has totally given up.

GOLDMEMBER

Major Williams is a quitter. No character.
Season ticket holder since year 1 of the Reinbold era.

Tecno

Quote from: Big Daddy on Today at 01:19:27 AMI would argue the mistake was not having any viable plan for when (not if) Collaros goes down, and now really nothing beyond this year either.

Can't put him in to risk his health.

Sure you can because it's ostensibly his last year.  And if he's not willing to do it, then just retire him today.  If every time he steps on the field it's a "risk to his health" then he shouldn't dress ever.  Why pretend at all?

If I'm Zach & WFC and it's Zach's swansong and he wants to play you just put him out there no matter what.  You know, like every other QB.  Only VAJ has been out for "concussion" this season, besides Zach.  Yet so many have taken concussion-type hits.  They just play through it.  And if you can't then you should retire.

Zach on the bench is a CHOICE.  I'm not saying force Zach to do it, but everyone needs to sit down and decide if we're going to care or not care.  If everyone cares, then retire him.  Otherwise, you play to win.
Never go full Johnston!

Sir Blue and Gold

Actually pretty good coverage by Williams there.


Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 01:27:36 AMSure you can because it's ostensibly his last year.  And if he's not willing to do it, then just retire him today.  If every time he steps on the field it's a "risk to his health" then he shouldn't dress ever.  Why pretend at all?

If I'm Zach & WFC and it's Zach's swansong and he wants to play you just put him out there no matter what.  You know, like every other QB.  Only VAJ has been out for "concussion" this season, besides Zach.  Yet so many have taken concussion-type hits.  They just play through it.  And if you can't then you should retire.

Zach on the bench is a CHOICE.  I'm not saying force Zach to do it, but everyone needs to sit down and decide if we're going to care or not care.  If everyone cares, then retire him.  Otherwise, you play to win.


Techno, I get we're all grumpy but get out of here with this nonsense. Zach is hurt and on the 6-game. He's been hurt for about three years and he probably shouldn't be playing.

He was not going to win this game.

Tecno

Quote from: Horseman on Today at 01:26:29 AMIf I'm Dru, I am not even listening to Condell any longer, I would be calling my own plays and going down field with the throws, what are they going to do bench him. LOL

But that's what made us lose the TOR game: Dru's infamous audible changing the Condell run to a pass when TOR drops everyone in max coverage.

No, Condell is the boss, you do what he says and we hope for the best.  And if he sucks you fire him next season.
Never go full Johnston!

Sway

Brown rolling back in for another pathetic attempt.

Oshea is beyond stubborn and stupid

tlf

This comparison to Cahoon to the Mtl receivers is getting old.

I said when it first happened that Vaval needs to keep to his returning duties.  I think they have gone down a bit since he has started on Defence. 

Blue In BC

I turned off the TC just into the 4th Q. The game was lost by half time. I'm seeing a lot of quit on some players. Time to clean house. I suppose we have to wait and see if there is any hope when we play the Stamps. A loss against the Stamps and it's curtains pretty much.

A large number of players on defence were invisible. Again.

Teams generally don't re-sign some players and let them go once free agency happens.

IMO. We release the players we don't want immediately at the end of the season. Make a statement.



One game at a time

BlueInCgy

Quote from: Tecno on Today at 01:30:36 AMBut that's what made us lose the TOR game: Dru's infamous audible changing the Condell run to a pass when TOR drops everyone in max coverage.

No, Condell is the boss, you do what he says and we hope for the best.  And if he sucks you fire him next season.


There's no if in the last sentence.  He sucks.