Toronto | Ka'Deem Carey
191 car 1060 yards 7 TDs; 37 rec 356 yards 1 TD; 1416 yfs

Ottawa | Justin Hardy*
97 rec 1343 yards 5 TDs

Montreal | Tyrice Beverette*
98 DT 9 ST 4 sck 2 INT 4 FF
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

I like Brady in the West, but might come down to the final week if anyone has a big week.

Personally, I think Beverette should get the Eastern nod, but wouldn't be surprised if voters force Bo in there just because he's a QB who put up numbers.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

How can it not be Oliveira?

(rhetorical question)
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

peg_city

Kind of an underwhelming year in the MOP race.

If I look at the MOP winners, seems like the most underwhelming winner since Travis Lulay in 2011.

It will be either Oliveira or Milligan Jr.

blue_or_die

Love BO but I would be a hard homer (which I am I guess) to not recognize Milligan as worthy. Guy is everywhere on the field, including special teams. Since this award acknowledges individual effort I'm able to give him full credit without saying anything nice about the Riders.

Let's see if either of these two have monster games this weekend to make the decision easier.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on Today at 06:12:39 PMLove BO but I would be a hard homer (which I am I guess) to not recognize Milligan as worthy. Guy is everywhere on the field, including special teams. Since this award acknowledges individual effort I'm able to give him full credit without saying anything nice about the Riders.

Let's see if either of these two have monster games this weekend to make the decision easier.

Don't think the voters will give the MOP to Milligan, it would make them look daft if they didn't also award him the MODP.  IMO nobody had a significant enough season to receive 2 awards, but if they give Brady MOP it's impossible to deny him the MOC I guess.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on Today at 07:03:38 PMDon't think the voters will give the MOP to Milligan, it would make them look daft if they didn't also award him the MODP.  IMO nobody had a significant enough season to receive 2 awards, but if they give Brady MOP it's impossible to deny him the MOC I guess.

Practically, yes you're right. The voters are biased toward offense and will be making a strong case for BLM, as gross as it is. In a vacuum based purely on contribution is the context of my statement, rather.
#Ride?

Cool Spot

I did some quick math on who has won the CFL MOP over the last 70 years:

- QB, 42 (60%)
- RB, 16 (23%)
- WR, 7 (10%)
- SB, 2 (3%)
- TE, 1 (1.4%)
- LB, 1 (1.4%)
- DB, 1 (1.4%)

So, based on this, there's a >95% chance it'll be a player on offense. The most likely candidates are QB and RB, as while the WR #'s this year are impressive, I'm not sure they're as outstanding as Brandon Banks in 2019, Chad Owens in 2012, Geroy Simon in 2006, or Milt Stegall in 2002.

That leaves RB vs QB.

In the west, it's Brady Oliveira vs Bo Levi Mitchell in the east. Of the two, I think BLM is a better pick because his #'s are head-and-shoulders better than other QB's, whereas I don't think I can say the same as Oliveira. The one caveat is that Oliveria is critical to the success of the Bombers, but I guess BLM is to the TiCats as well.

gobombersgo

I wonder how much voters will consider the fact that Mitchell was benched.

Jesse

Quote from: Cool Spot on Today at 08:49:30 PMI did some quick math on who has won the CFL MOP over the last 70 years:

- QB, 42 (60%)
- RB, 16 (23%)
- WR, 7 (10%)
- SB, 2 (3%)
- TE, 1 (1.4%)
- LB, 1 (1.4%)
- DB, 1 (1.4%)

So, based on this, there's a >95% chance it'll be a player on offense. The most likely candidates are QB and RB, as while the WR #'s this year are impressive, I'm not sure they're as outstanding as Brandon Banks in 2019, Chad Owens in 2012, Geroy Simon in 2006, or Milt Stegall in 2002.

That leaves RB vs QB.

In the west, it's Brady Oliveira vs Bo Levi Mitchell in the east. Of the two, I think BLM is a better pick because his #'s are head-and-shoulders better than other QB's, whereas I don't think I can say the same as Oliveira. The one caveat is that Oliveria is critical to the success of the Bombers, but I guess BLM is to the TiCats as well.

What success?
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on Today at 09:29:05 PMI wonder how much voters will consider the fact that Mitchell was benched.

I don't think that will affect their vote, but they may not want to be historically associated  with voting for one of the few winning QB that missed the playoffs and still won the MOP. Just to note BLM won the MOP in 2016 and 2018, making him a 3 time winner at the tale end of his career is kind of needless, when he hasn't been great for many years.

dd

Quote from: Jesse on Today at 05:15:23 PMWest

BC | Justin McInnis
92 rec 1469 yards 7 TD

Edmonton | Eugene Lewis
69 rec 982 yards 9 TDs

Calgary | Reggie Begelton*
89 rec 1112 yards 4 TDs

Saskatchewan | Rolan Milligan Jr.*
71 DT 20 ST 0 sck 8 INTs

Winnipeg | Brady Oliveira*
228 car 1318 yards 3 TDs; 54 rec 465 yards 1 TD; 1783 yfs

East

Hamilton | Bo Levi Mitchell*
5026 yards 31 Tds

Toronto | Ka'Deem Carey
191 car 1060 yards 7 TDs; 37 rec 356 yards 1 TD; 1416 yfs

Ottawa | Justin Hardy*
97 rec 1343 yards 5 TDs

Montreal | Tyrice Beverette*
98 DT 9 ST 4 sck 2 INT 4 FF
what do the asterisks mean??

RebusRankin

Milligan doesn't deserve an MOP. Nice interceptions numbers and nice ST tackle numbers but neither is a record. Saskatchewan doesn't have the best defence and is actually near the bottom in passing yards allowed per game. Riders record in not outstanding. Seriously don't fall for the media hype most of them are ill informed and don't do any research.

Should be Brady but if not Beverette.

Cool Spot

Quote from: Jesse on Today at 09:49:56 PMWhat success?

I think the TiCats would have been much worse off without BLM at QB, at least for the latter half of their season. That's just my opinion, though.

And while it's true that BLM was on a losing team that missed the playoffs, that doesn't detract from the fact he's thrown for over 5000 years, far more than any other QB. That's what makes this a tough choice.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on Today at 05:23:04 PMHow can it not be Oliveira?

Because SSK is "Canada's Team" and we're all supposed to love and worship them?  Does SSK media/etc get more votes than other provinces?

SSK media will probably commit egregious holding on rest-of-Canada media.  No flags will be thrown.  Will be upheld on review.
Never go full Rider!