Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markf

Quote from: Tiger on October 25, 2024, 08:30:22 PMNo fear

No excuses

I'm trying to find a way to watch game overseas

"CFL+ is the home for live streaming CFL games and events where you can watch LIVE from your desktop, mobile, or tablet device. It's free; no account required!

How to stream:

Sign up by clicking on the event you want to watch below and completing the form. You will not be asked to sign up again if you continue to watch on the same device.
The stream will start no later than five minutes prior to kickoff. You will not be able to pause, rewind or fast forward during the stream.
All CFL events and select preseason games are available to our Canadian, U.S., and International fans.
Regular season CFL games will be available to all International fans"

https://www.cfl.ca/plus

gobombersgo

Bombers beef up depth with return of special teams ace Michael Ayers
By 3Down Staff -October 25, 2024

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will field an unchanged starting lineup for their pivotal regular-season finale against the Montreal Alouettes but will beef up their depth with the return of a couple of key faces.

Chief among the returnees is rookie linebacker Michael Ayers, who had carved out a significant role for himself this season before missing the last game with a hip injury. The Ashland product leads the team with 16 special teams tackles while also adding 11 defensive tackles, a sack, and a pick-six.

Joining him back in the linebacking corps after a one-game absence is backup SAM Michael Griffin. Fullback Bailey Feltmate is also back from a long injury to add to the special teams unit. Depth players sitting out as a result are American defensive back Tyrique Mcghee, American linebacker Bryce Notree, Canadian linebacker Max Charbonneau, and Global linebacker Fabian Weitz.

In the trenches, Winnipeg has benched defensive end Celestin Haba after he recorded six defensive tackles, one sack, and one forced fumble in 10 games. Defensive tackle Miles Fox, who has not seen action since Week 2, will dress in his place. On the other side of the ball, rookie Canadian offensive lineman Gabe Wallace returns from a knee injury to dress as the seventh man.

The Bombers (10-7) can clinch first place in the West Division with a victory when they travel to visit the Montreal Alouettes (12-4-1) on Saturday, October 26 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/25/bombers-beef-up-depth-with-return-of-special-teams-ace-michael-ayers/

gobombersgo

RB Walter Fletcher, REC Austin Mack to play in Alouettes' finale

The Montreal Alouettes are resting fewer key pieces than most expected for their regular-season finale on Saturday, including re-inserting two major offensive weapons into the lineup.

Running back Walter Fletcher and receiver Austin Mack will both play after sitting out last week. Fletcher has carried 129 times for 711 yards and three touchdowns through 16 games, while catching 67 passes for 641 yards and three more majors through the air. Mack has only played two games since returning from the NFL, notching seven catches for 124 yards, but was a CFL all-star in 2023.

The pair will catch passes from quarterback Cody Fajardo, who will get the start as Jason Maas' offence looks to regain its form. Running back Stevie Scott III and Canadian receiver Shedler Fervius have been returned to the practice roster to make room for the starting pair.

The offence will have to make do without right tackle Josh Donovan, who exited last week's game with a knee injury. Jamar McGloster will step in to replace him but is listed as a game-time decision with a hand injury. Canadian Theo Grant will dress as a seventh offensive lineman.

Montreal's nominee for Most Outstanding Canadian, defensive end Isaac Adeyemi-Berglund, will also be out this week with a quad injury. The 28-year-old has recorded 36 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles, seven sacks, and a forced fumble in 17 games. Lwal Uguak will start in his place, with Brock Gowanlock drawing into the lineup.

Kick returner James Letcher Jr. will be the only player to sit out this week as a healthy scratch. Rookie Tyjon Lindsey will get the nod for his first CFL appearance.

The Alouettes (12-4-1) will host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) on Saturday, October 26 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/25/rb-walter-fletcher-rec-austin-mack-to-play-in-alouettes-finale/

TecnoGenius

No one is talking about MTL's chart.  They are going all-in here.  They are trying to intimidate, and it's working.  The message is they are trying to win, and I expect them to be tough coming out the gate.  But as the game wears on there are many scenarios where they will start taking it easy and shifting in the B-team because even if they claim to have their heart in it, it really won't be as the tough game slogs on.

If they get even one bad injury I expect MTL to fully turtle.  If they lose 2 important starters right before the EDF they will quit.  It's simply not worth it.

It would have been better if MTL had won last week so they wouldn't have to "get back into playoff form" against us.  But c'est la vie.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on October 25, 2024, 09:21:05 PMFox in for Haba. Haba wasn't having a good year, so I'm not surprised. Haba: 10 games, 6 DTs, 1 Sack.

Two FBs? However Feltmate is good on teams.

2 FB + 7 OL was our preferred roster before injuries dictated otherwise.  And with our QB protection issues and run block issues, this is the smart move.  Show them the cold(ish)-game late-season bullyball that is our M.O. going into the post-season.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2024, 04:02:56 PMAgree, was more surprised by Habba being deleted and Kyrie Wilson not coming back, I wonder if they'll see any action in the playoffs. After the last game Bryan Cole showed he is almost indispensable.

Ya, strange move.  Could be Haba has been deemed not good enough for the post-season.  We sometimes take until the last minute like this to figure these things out.  Not sure Fox is any better, but he'll certainly be fresh.  Too bad we never got any late-season stud pickup/trade...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on October 25, 2024, 03:46:52 PMI'm more concerned about the west final.

I'm not.  This basically is the west final.  I'm not scared by BC or SSK if we can play them @PAS.  We should beat either handily, just like we did in the last 2 games against each.  We have their numbers, and both teams are very one-dimensional.

But if we lose to MTL and have to play both WSF/WDF and play WDF in SSK, then we're going to get beat up in terms of injuries and wear & tear.  Then even if we make it to the cup we'll be too injured and tired to win against an East that will have only one tough game to get there (whether TOR or MTL, because OTT will be a cakewalk).

Remember, half our team is geriatric  ;) , and while they can perform great for 1-2 games, it's hard on them to keep that up 3-4 weeks in a row.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 25, 2024, 10:37:13 PMRB Walter Fletcher, REC Austin Mack to play in Alouettes' finale

The Montreal Alouettes are resting fewer key pieces than most expected for their regular-season finale on Saturday, including re-inserting two major offensive weapons into the lineup.

Running back Walter Fletcher and receiver Austin Mack will both play after sitting out last week. Fletcher has carried 129 times for 711 yards and three touchdowns through 16 games, while catching 67 passes for 641 yards and three more majors through the air. Mack has only played two games since returning from the NFL, notching seven catches for 124 yards, but was a CFL all-star in 2023.

The pair will catch passes from quarterback Cody Fajardo, who will get the start as Jason Maas' offence looks to regain its form. Running back Stevie Scott III and Canadian receiver Shedler Fervius have been returned to the practice roster to make room for the starting pair.

The offence will have to make do without right tackle Josh Donovan, who exited last week's game with a knee injury. Jamar McGloster will step in to replace him but is listed as a game-time decision with a hand injury. Canadian Theo Grant will dress as a seventh offensive lineman.

Montreal's nominee for Most Outstanding Canadian, defensive end Isaac Adeyemi-Berglund, will also be out this week with a quad injury. The 28-year-old has recorded 36 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles, seven sacks, and a forced fumble in 17 games. Lwal Uguak will start in his place, with Brock Gowanlock drawing into the lineup.

Kick returner James Letcher Jr. will be the only player to sit out this week as a healthy scratch. Rookie Tyjon Lindsey will get the nod for his first CFL appearance.

The Alouettes (12-4-1) will host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-7) on Saturday, October 26 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/25/rb-walter-fletcher-rec-austin-mack-to-play-in-alouettes-finale/

Dressing Walter Fletcher and Austin Mack makes a big difference, gives the Als 2 explosive weapons that can make big plays, especially Fletcher sneaking out of the backfield for dump passes.  I don't expect the Bombers to hold them below 100 yds. each but hopefully they can keep them out of the endzone.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2024, 11:54:26 PMDressing Walter Fletcher and Austin Mack makes a big difference, gives the Als 2 explosive weapons that can make big plays, especially Fletcher sneaking out of the backfield for dump passes.  I don't expect the Bombers to hold them below 100 yds. each but hopefully they can keep them out of the endzone.
They'll start but for how long is another question.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2024, 11:54:26 PMDressing Walter Fletcher and Austin Mack makes a big difference, gives the Als 2 explosive weapons that can make big plays, especially Fletcher sneaking out of the backfield for dump passes.  I don't expect the Bombers to hold them below 100 yds. each but hopefully they can keep them out of the endzone.

They're practicing to get ready for play-offs. I don't expect either to play the whole game.
My wife is amazing!