Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 25, 2024, 03:32:50 PMMore or less expected those changes this week. Vanterpool, Randolph and Person moved to 1 game IR along with Haba. IMO this was roster management keeping those players under contract instead of leaving them on the PR.  We've added some good players back to the AR which improves our depth especially on ST's.

I questioned the move earlier and wondered why the OL weren't moved directly to the 1 game instead of to the AR. It must be some sort of rule that allows them to be paid a game check on IR instead of a PR pay check this week. Person barely was here to make that quick an impression to retain. Added to PR on 09/19.

Taylor still shows on our PR which contradicts being released earlier.

3 global players on the PR. Seems like a poor use of SMS keeping the extra guys around all year.

Put another way, I wonder how many of those on our PR get offers for TC 2025?

Agree, was more surprised by Habba being deleted and Kyrie Wilson not coming back, I wonder if they'll see any action in the playoffs. After the last game Bryan Cole showed he is almost indispensable.

pdirks67

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 25, 2024, 01:36:35 PMWhy?  We are the class of the West, pretty healthy, going against a good club that will rest some players likely as the game goes on.

Won't be an easy game but we can do this.

We win if we dominate the LOS.  It's Brady bully ball baby.

I'm not "terrified", but this will be a tough slog. We have a 3-4 record against the East this year, with less than 20 points per game scored. I'm 60/40 we win. We need Brady to have a big game against the porous Alouette rush defense, or else we get our home playoff game a week early.

pdirks67

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 25, 2024, 01:23:49 PM:D really? It'll be fine.

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 25, 2024, 01:36:35 PMWhy?  We are the class of the West, pretty healthy, going against a good club that will rest some players likely as the game goes on.

Won't be an easy game but we can do this.

We win if we dominate the LOS.  It's Brady bully ball baby.

More so the implications of the game.

Can we and should we win? Of course. It's likely that Montreal is rotating people in the second half. The result should never be in question.

But the implications if we lose are huge. So, yup; I'm terrified.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Colour me as slightly nervous but cautiously optimistic. All they need is one point to lock up the division.

If Oliveira gets going early on and the defense can settle in with a few big plays, I fully expect a W.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

I think the best way to describe my feelings is, "annoyed". I'm annoyed that everything is on the line here to get a first place bye when we had the opportunity to take care of business last weekend (at home, to boot). So rather than taking a relaxed approach to this game, I'm nervous. Not in the sense that I don't think we are good enough (because we are), but because anything can happen, including laying an egg like we did last week.

On that note, I really doubt (and god, I hope) that last week was just a flushable one-off. In the past, we've bounced back consistently in this exact situation (losing the game before the bye, week off, then coming out strong and winning the next game like nothing happened - what's our record after a bye again?). The only amount of doubt that remains stems from the painful memories of our 0-4/2-6 start where we were reminded what it was like to lose regularly for two months.

But, great roster on paper, well rested, and over the hump of having our annual wakeup call with a stinker. We should win and if we don't, we totally don't deserve first place and that's that. We control our own destiny and will lay in the bed that we make.
#Ride?

Waffler

We just need to survive the first half. Keep it close. Good defense, mistake free as much as possible.

They have no where near the motivation we do to win. Their priority has to be to stay healthy and this will become more evident as the game goes on.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Wow, lots of nervous Nellie's here.
Yes they messed up last week. Or Sergio messed up last week.
Anyways does not matter now. That brutal start to the year is ultimately why we are where we are now.
I would rather be us than the Cryders who have very limited control over there destiny.

I'm looking at you OL and DL to have your best games of the year. The rest will work themselves out.

For heavens sake Sergio worked out his kinks once and for all this season!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: peg_city on October 25, 2024, 03:47:19 PMNice to see Wallace & Ayers back.
and Griffin whom I think has had an outstanding season.

Overall the line up looks real good. Full blown starters nearly. No excuses now!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Tiger

No fear

No excuses

I'm trying to find a way to watch game overseas
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TBURGESS

Best looking roster this year IMO. 

I'm expecting a tough playoff style slug fest in the first half & us pulling away in the 2nd half as they rest their starters. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Pigskin

Fox in for Haba. Haba wasn't having a good year, so I'm not surprised. Haba: 10 games, 6 DTs, 1 Sack.

Randolph not in the line-up. Thought our OL was better with him.

Two FBs? However Feltmate is good on teams.

Woli not back yet. Been watching Woli the last three weeks.  He looks like he is in excellent condition running sprints for most of practice.

With Wallace and Feltmate back this should really help BO20 and our running game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Zach Schnitzer

Our Bonfire Sports Pregame with Chris Walby

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=74p2i2i8Mas

Out on all your favourite podcast apps shortly. Just search Bonfire Sports. Catch us tomorrow for our postgame show!
#fortheW

Blitzer

Bombers went from 3.5 to 7.5 point favorites. That's good to see. The oddsmakers like their chances.

Blitzer

Quote from: Tiger on October 25, 2024, 08:30:22 PMNo fear

No excuses

I'm trying to find a way to watch game overseas
Maybe on IPTV? (internet tv subscription)