Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Montreal - October 26, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 25, 2024, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

No doubt, and so far, the most important game of the year with 1st place in the West on the line.  Important that the Bombers rebound from the Toronto game, important to solidify a bye into the final, important to establish a solid win going into the Western finals.

Nothing more to say, prior to this game, except let's get it done.  The following article is a great story on a player who appreciates his opportunity here and appreciates the support of his family and fans - Rheda Kramdi.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/10/24/in-my-words-redha-kramdi/

More information tomorrow on the Bombers and this game.  In the meantime, let's get it on for this crucial game.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

We either fight hard to our max on Saturday or we're forced to do it a week later in a WSF and a week after that in the WDF.  Why do we want that pain & difficulty?  I bet everyone wants another bye.

No matter what MTL says, their heart won't be mega into this game.  Cody won't play a full game.  Some other stars may not either.

If we get up 14 pts they'll fold because it's not worth it.  If they get up 10 they'll likely also try to coast the rest of the way.  Only if it's a close barnstormer will they keep risking assets -- and even then...

Maas is saying just what MOS would -- it's an important game and we're trying and intend to win.  MOS said that even when dressing a clear "B team" in our past garbage-season games.  "They wouldn't be here if they were starters ready to play" (paraphrasing).  But we all know when you start your B players you're not really trying to your maximum.  We'll see how many MTL PR->AR moves are made, and how many backups get the start.  Actions speak louder than words.

Oh ya, even if MTL brings their playoff roster the whole game, so what?  WPG is near flawless after the bye.  WPG usually doesn't let a team season-sweep us (TOR being the only exception, and mostly due to bad luck).  And WPG still wants that revenge for the '23 GC.

What's a better way to avenge the '23 GC than to kick MTL's butt at home just before the playoffs where we may face them again?
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 12:12:09 PMWell, I'm terrified.
Why?  We are the class of the West, pretty healthy, going against a good club that will rest some players likely as the game goes on.

Won't be an easy game but we can do this.

We win if we dominate the LOS.  It's Brady bully ball baby.

VictorRomano

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 25, 2024, 01:36:35 PMWe win if we dominate the LOS.  It's Brady bully ball baby.

CFL championship strategy - give the chunky Canadian kid the ball and let him run wild.

gobombersgo

Ed Tait  @EdTaitWFC

The @Wpg_BlueBombers make 5 changes this week. On are Griffin II, Feltmate, Ayers, Wallace and Fox; off are McGhee, Charbonneau, Haba, Notree and Weitz

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 25, 2024, 03:14:18 PMEd Tait  @EdTaitWFC

The @Wpg_BlueBombers make 5 changes this week. On are Griffin II, Feltmate, Ayers, Wallace and Fox; off are McGhee, Charbonneau, Haba, Notree and Weitz

Some interesting choices being made here, could have implications for future decisions.

jayrock

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 25, 2024, 01:36:35 PMWhy?  We are the class of the West, pretty healthy, going against a good club that will rest some players likely as the game goes on.

Won't be an easy game but we can do this.

We win if we dominate the LOS.  It's Brady bully ball baby.

I think he is right to be nervous about this game. If the bombers do not win their path to the grey cup becomes that much harder. They are one point ahead of the Riders, so anything can happen here. Yes win and they are in, but I would be worried, as they are not the dominate team they were in 2019 and 2021 and no longer the "class" or dominate team in the west or league for that matter.
Should they win, yes, but the question is can they and will they.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 25, 2024, 03:24:14 PMSome interesting choices being made here, could have implications for future decisions.

More or less expected those changes this week. Vanterpool, Randolph and Person moved to 1 game IR along with Haba. IMO this was roster management keeping those players under contract instead of leaving them on the PR.  We've added some good players back to the AR which improves our depth especially on ST's.

I questioned the move earlier and wondered why the OL weren't moved directly to the 1 game instead of to the AR. It must be some sort of rule that allows them to be paid a game check on IR instead of a PR pay check this week. Person barely was here to make that quick an impression to retain. Added to PR on 09/19.

Taylor still shows on our PR which contradicts being released earlier.

3 global players on the PR. Seems like a poor use of SMS keeping the extra guys around all year.

Put another way, I wonder how many of those on our PR get offers for TC 2025?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

peg_city

Quote from: jayrock on October 25, 2024, 03:25:48 PMI think he is right to be nervous about this game. If the bombers do not win their path to the grey cup becomes that much harder. They are one point ahead of the Riders, so anything can happen here. Yes win and they are in, but I would be worried, as they are not the dominate team they were in 2019 and 2021 and no longer the "class" or dominate team in the west or league for that matter.
Should they win, yes, but the question is can they and will they.

I'm more concerned about the west final.

peg_city