Andrew Harris highlight video

Started by Throw Long Bannatyne, October 23, 2024, 08:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Stumbled upon this career highlight package of Andrew Harris on YouTube, interesting to see how fast he was when he came into the league with the Lions and how his game evolved over time. Many great highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRsZxocoS6k

blue_gold_84

Runtime should've been 33:33 but great video!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

J5V

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 23, 2024, 08:34:24 PMStumbled upon this career highlight package of Andrew Harris on YouTube, interesting to see how fast he was when he came into the league with the Lions and how his game evolved over time. Many great highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRsZxocoS6k
That was a treat! He looked faster than I remember and smaller. Maybe he sacrificed some speed for some bulk. Probably a good move. He proved to be a very durable, valuable, slippery, back that matured and developed some patience. He also became a very good safety valve and had good hands catching the ball. I loved the Bruce Lee quotes. :-)

Thank you for the great years of service Andrew. You earned every penny and we'll never forget you.

I believe Brady, another Winnipeg boy,  will continue to develop his skills and be just as good as AH33.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

The music is nauseating but great video.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 23, 2024, 10:26:57 PMThe music is nauseating but great video.
That's what the volume slider is for.  :-)  Either turn it down of turn it off and enjoy.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

I'm not sure when I'll take the 2019 GC AH33 "wooo!" off as my avatar... maybe never.

To me AH33 is the best Bomber in the last 15 years.
Never go full Rider!

bluengold204

Quote from: J5V on October 23, 2024, 10:25:00 PMThat was a treat! He looked faster than I remember and smaller. Maybe he sacrificed some speed for some bulk. Probably a good move. He proved to be a very durable, valuable, slippery, back that matured and developed some patience. He also became a very good safety valve and had good hands catching the ball. I loved the Bruce Lee quotes. :-)

Thank you for the great years of service Andrew. You earned every penny and we'll never forget you.

I believe Brady, another Winnipeg boy,  will continue to develop his skills and be just as good as AH33.

Probably from the PEDs he was taking.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bluengold204 on October 24, 2024, 02:01:27 PMProbably from the PEDs he was taking.

Boo, hiss.  The general consensus here at the time was AH33 was telling the truth in how it happened.  This isn't Riderfans forum here.  We have the back of arguably the best Bomber of all time (YMMV, but he's mine because none of the others were Peggers).

And if AH33 was roiding up, then what is Oullette doing?  Oullette has triple the muscle mass of Andrew.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bluengold204 on October 24, 2024, 02:01:27 PMProbably from the PEDs he was taking.
Wow someone is a Mr Grumpy pants up to no good!

He was nothing short truly outstanding and will be in the Ring Of Honour soon enough!

When Andrew and Matt Nichols got here it all changed!

Jesse

I definitely have mixed/conflicted opinions on Andrew.

He had great seasons with us, absolutely. Major part of the turn around and major part of breaking the drought. I loved cheering him on at the time.

I would never put him in my personal "elite tier" of Blue Bomber greats just because he spent most of his career outside of Winnipeg.

The PED bust took him down a big notch, imo.

His last year with us when he came in out of shape and injured was terrible and led to an inglorious exit.

His comments after he left and during his time with TO rubbed me the wrong way. The "chip on his shoulder" that made him a fan favourite in Winnipeg was immediately used to turn us into the enemy. Did not appreciate that.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 05:03:44 PMI definitely have mixed/conflicted opinions on Andrew.

He had great seasons with us, absolutely. Major part of the turn around and major part of breaking the drought. I loved cheering him on at the time.

I would never put him in my personal "elite tier" of Blue Bomber greats just because he spent most of his career outside of Winnipeg.

The PED bust took him down a big notch, imo.

His last year with us when he came in out of shape and injured was terrible and led to an inglorious exit.

His comments after he left and during his time with TO rubbed me the wrong way. The "chip on his shoulder" that made him a fan favourite in Winnipeg was immediately used to turn us into the enemy. Did not appreciate that.

You bring up very valid points here. You reminded me of some of the negatives. He was here for a limited time indeed not like many other Blue Bomber ROH players.

blue_gold_84

He spent five seasons here over a six-year period and was one of the most impactful players during that time, if not the most impactful. What he did from 2016 through 2019 was nothing short of phenomenal.

IMO: the only controversy in all of that was how things ended, which left a sour taste in many fans' mouths - mine included. 2021 was a tumultuous year for him from what I can tell. I'd chalk that up to attitude, inflated ego, a bloated sense of entitlement, mental health, etc., none of which is necessarily worth discussing at this stage. However, that doesn't mar what he did accomplish or what he helped this organization accomplish.

Andrew Harris is WFC royalty AFAIC.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 25, 2024, 08:13:48 PMHe spent five seasons here over a six-year period and was one of the most impactful players during that time, if not the most impactful. What he did from 2016 through 2019 was nothing short of phenomenal.

IMO: the only controversy in all of that was how things ended, which left a sour taste in many fans' mouths - mine included. 2021 was a tumultuous year for him from what I can tell. I'd chalk that up to attitude, inflated ego, a bloated sense of entitlement, mental health, etc., none of which is necessarily worth discussing at this stage. However, that doesn't mar what he did accomplish or what he helped this organization accomplish.

Andrew Harris is WFC royalty AFAIC.

This is where I stand as well.

I wish we could have worked out a deal in '22 to have him take a reduced role and ride off into retirement a Bomber without that weird Argo phase where he was injured, did nothing, and we were mad at him.

Make no mistake: he played here for a long time by pro football standards and we got his best years out of him (yes, even better than while in BC when he was younger). He is the face of the franchise turnaround and was one of the main reasons we were able to be taken out of the depths of despair.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 05:03:44 PMHe had great seasons with us, absolutely. Major part of the turn around and major part of breaking the drought. I loved cheering him on at the time.

No Andrew, no cup.  Period.  And since he left: no cup, period.  Andrew was as critical to the cup as Cornish was to all of CGY's.

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 05:03:44 PMI would never put him in my personal "elite tier" of Blue Bomber greats just because he spent most of his career outside of Winnipeg.

How many cups did Milt get to and win?  Blink?  You can't just have players getting personal stats, you need players that lift the whole team up.  I've never seen any player lift up the team like AH33 did.

Quote from: Jesse on October 25, 2024, 05:03:44 PMHis comments after he left and during his time with TO rubbed me the wrong way. The "chip on his shoulder" that made him a fan favourite in Winnipeg was immediately used to turn us into the enemy. Did not appreciate that.

I watched most of the pressers I could find of him while in TOR and he was always careful of how he spoke about WPG, and you could see the pain in him as he really wanted to be a Bomber.

I saw nothing where he was dissing WPG or Bombers.  Dissing Mafia for "lack of communication" etc is not dissing us, that's dissing a possibly-flawed process that MANY ex-players have complained about.  And hyping up his new team doesn't count either: what's he supposed to say?  When you're paid by TOR, you talk up TOR.

If you have something on video where he's dissing us, provide a link.
Never go full Rider!