Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg - September 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 26, 2024, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 27, 2024, 04:35:39 AMAt 6'1"/225 I don't consider C-Ike a full back. With this kids speed 4.56/40 I am surprised that the Bomber haven't tried to get him a few more touches.

Wait for it!....
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 27, 2024, 04:46:12 AMJust looking at the weather. 21 at kickoff with little to no wind.

17/26 wind.  That's probably enough that we defer.  MOS loves deferring.  Very strange we got the ball to start both halves last game... totally not our M.O.

I'm not sure anymore whether I want to win or lose the toss.  Doesn't seem to change anything either way (when there's a wind).
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

@TecnoGenius ticketmaster doesn't have resale tickets for Bombers games on their website.

They do for Rider games, Jets games, concerts etc but not Bombers.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: peg_city on September 26, 2024, 08:08:23 PMBombers win by 20 in overtime

So you are predicting a tie then as impossible to win by 20 in an overtime game! :D

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 27, 2024, 04:57:55 AMWhat the other guy mentioned is the blue "sticky" thread area at the top of the thread list index named BUY AND SELL, or use this link:

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=52356.0

The usual aftermarket sites have tickets, like stubhub.ca and that other fan one I can't recall the name of.  And TM itself will have aftermarket tickets, but for some reason on sellouts like this they just go all-grey with no listings, which I find really odd.

CFL football in WPG and SSK is a hot ticket this year, it would seem.  Money must be rolling into these 2 clubs.  Right now there are only 2 tickets left on stubhub, which is crazy talk.  LDC was the same way.

At the rate we're going, I think we may sell out the mid-Oct game, which would be unprecedented.  And people say no one likes or cares about the CFL!!  WRONG

Yeah, whatever happened to the ages ago whiners who said Bombers will hardly sell out or even attend games due to cottage goers on weekends? Guess the younger generation less concerned about that....that was a whine for decades which I never understood. Maybe because I grew up in the countryside outside Winnipeg the ALLURE of the cottage had no sway on me...I got my time at the beach and lake/river fishing and so on anyway if I wanted to. Can't spare one night to go to a game? Sour grapes always to me. 

blue_or_die

I'm very excited to head to the stadium after work tonight and be with my people
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 27, 2024, 04:46:57 AMI haven't actually counted, but I do study how we use jumbo, and I'd say when we're playing the game we want (i.e. not down much) we go 6-7 (or 8) jumbo sets quite a lot; i.e. sending 5 receivers out maybe 30% of the time.

If suddenly we were short an R, we'd just do more jumbo, and maybe some interesting stuff with Ike and Johnny.

Wasn't that many years ago many teams were almost completely ignoring the running game and going all in on the 5 receiver passing attack.  In the last 5 years the Bombers helped change that to where now every team seeks to have to have a strong running game if they want to contend.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2024, 03:11:34 PMWasn't that many years ago many teams were almost completely ignoring the running game and going all in on the 5 receiver passing attack.  In the last 5 years the Bombers helped change that to where now every team seeks to have to have a strong running game if they want to contend.

3 downs makes it a passing league.  If you aren't averaging over 5 yards a rush, you are going to see a lot of 2 and outs.

2nd and manageable seem to be the mantra.  If that second is "and short", the running game becomes the key.  Whether you ran or passed on first down.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Getting back to Bratton being out for the Elks. He was tied for 3rd DT's in our last game and had the 1 pic. Bombers should be testing his replacement early.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

#Ride?

gobombersgo

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2024, 03:11:34 PMWasn't that many years ago many teams were almost completely ignoring the running game and going all in on the 5 receiver passing attack.  In the last 5 years the Bombers helped change that to where now every team seeks to have to have a strong running game if they want to contend.

It also has to do with how defences are focused on stopping the explosion passing plays.

Zach mentioned in his press conference yesterday how it is more of a challenge now to get those long passing gains.

Coach Lapo did a great job explaining how the Bombers defended against the Elks last week.

Pigskin

Run D has to be better tonight. No turnover, and keep Brady rolling.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 27, 2024, 03:47:32 PMGetting back to Bratton being out for the Elks. He was tied for 3rd DT's in our last game and had the 1 pic. Bombers should be testing his replacement early.

Sounds like a continuation of Chris Jones strategy of cycling through DB's endlessly, unbelievable how little stock he placed in continuity and the building the chemistry within a secondary. It got him fired.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2024, 06:41:13 PMSounds like a continuation of Chris Jones strategy of cycling through DB's endlessly, unbelievable how little stock he placed in continuity and the building the chemistry within a secondary. It got him fired.

He's injured ( knee ) and didn't practice all week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne