Official Game Day Thread - Edmonton at Winnipeg - September 27, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 26, 2024, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: J5V on September 29, 2024, 06:26:34 PMI also thought he was down with contact at the one yard line. Can you confirm?
On rewatch, I definitely thought he was down on the one. He touched down before the goal line and I'm pretty sure Ford was contacting him at that time. I think everyone just decided to let it go, but its kind of odd if you care about the integrity of the game.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 29, 2024, 06:26:34 PMI also thought he was down with contact at the one yard line. Can you confirm?

Ya good eye, the live shot has his elbow clearly down when the ball is just inside the 1.  And he's basically tied up with Ford, so DBC.

The replay you can only really see the knee, and the knee is harder to tell if DBC, so forget the knee, even though it's probably down too.

I guess you could argue he didn't have control and only got control after he crossed the line.  He certainly didn't have control initially when falling down.  But then I'd counter-argue that if he didn't have control, and it looks like the ball hit the turf, that it's incomplete.

I think command really didn't want to get pedantic and steal one of EDM's only bright spots.  If this was game-deciding, they may have ruled otherwise.  Yes, this is not great for "integrity of the game".
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bunker on September 29, 2024, 09:52:10 PMOn rewatch I thought he got his share of plays, although I was not  specifically tracking him. On the play where Prukop got stuffed on 3rd and one, it was Schmekel and Jake submarining and Gauthier over the top that caused the stop.

I'll check again.  I'm so used to him being the most-downs DT.  He definitely wasn't the most-downs guy tonight.  This is a radical departure from past games this season.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 29, 2024, 08:05:41 PMWhat I wouldn't mind seeing is a weekly video segment on TSN from officials in the league, explaining reasons for some penalty calls and some penalty non-calls. Understanding the logic would help assure fans they know what they look at/for in these determinations.

Definitely.  And we don't even need a video, just release the decision notes publicly every week.  Sometimes we get snippets or leaks from coaches, or even outright press releases, but most of the time we get nothing.

There should be an explanation for every review or EITS/command override.

I have no idea why they want to be so secretive... unless they are very incompetent and buffoonish and just throwing darts and want to hide that fact!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 30, 2024, 02:18:33 AMI'll check again.  I'm so used to him being the most-downs DT.  He definitely wasn't the most-downs guy tonight.  This is a radical departure from past games this season.

He's been spending more and more reps off the field. Especially on the 3 DL sets.

Nothing unusual about it. This is how an older DL should be used.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on September 30, 2024, 01:55:51 PMHe's been spending more and more reps off the field. Especially on the 3 DL sets.

Nothing unusual about it. This is how an older DL should be used.

Ya, on another rewatch Fatboi was in the game a lot in the 1st H.  When we were getting up huge he started resting a heck of a lot more.  But it wasn't just the 3DL or cheetah sets: we were playing a lot of Schmekel in the 2nd H.

I don't think Fatboi was injured, as he was standing on the sidelines looking fine: maybe it was just part of slowly pulling starters off as the game got more out of reach.  Good to get the younger guys and backups some reps.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

The best highlight package I've seen in a while.

What. A. Game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず