Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2024/2025 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 05, 2024, 04:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on October 16, 2024, 01:06:59 AMSee that McG was a healthy scratch the other day vs the Habs

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets sent to Wilkes-Barre. He's been invisible so far despite pretty ample opportunity.

Good riddance to that headcase.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

Canada Life Centre will welcome its 20 millionth guest tonight when the Jets play the Sharks.

That lucky guest is going to win some good stuff.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 18, 2024, 02:16:39 PMCanada Life Centre will welcome its 20 millionth guest tonight when the Jets play the Sharks.

That lucky guest is going to win some good stuff.

And, Vezina and Jennings will be in the house.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

Go Bombers!

J5V

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 16, 2024, 01:08:20 PMWouldn't surprise me if he gets sent to Wilkes-Barre. He's been invisible so far despite pretty ample opportunity.

Good riddance to that headcase.
Man, did you ever call that one! Nicely done.

Now I'm hearing that they only sent him down because they have a Jets game coming up and they didn't want a media circus. I'm not buying it.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Well, that's the way we should beat a team like the sharks. Nice to see the 2nd. line get going.

PP 4/7. PK 1/2. NP4- 4 points. NE27- 3 points, CP91- 4 points, and VN7- 4 points.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 19, 2024, 03:52:08 AMWell, that's the way we should beat a team like the sharks. Nice to see the 2nd. line get going.

PP 4/7. PK 1/2. NP4- 4 points. NE27- 3 points, CP91- 4 points, and VN7- 4 points.

Exactly. None of this playing down to your opponent garbage.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

really a nice effort thru and thru ....... and a special HOORAY for Comrie's performance
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

J5V

When we went down 0-2 I thought, oh oh, this isn't going well, but then 6 of the next 7 goals for the Jets and we were chill.  ;D
Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

Great game to be at yesterday, not only to see the Jets stay undefeated but also to celebrate Bryan Little.

The "Where is Rutger?" chant followed up by the "Yager's better" chant was priceless.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Missed about a period and half of this game. However, what I did watch, we looked very solid. Excellent 3rd. period. Scoring from different players each game, and the D picked up 7 or 8 points. SA has them playing well.

theaardvark

How did Chevy pull off this deal for Brayden Yager? 

7 games in Moosejaw, 7 goals, 6 assists.  Yeah, its Junior, but still.  McGroarty has really pooped the bed so far.

As much as I don't respect Chevy in a lot of ways, going back to Chicago, he is an effective GM.  Sure, its on him for drafting McGroarty and not realizing that he was going to be a problem child, but getting full value based on what he drafted, not what McGroarty has shown himself to be, well done.

Getting PLD for Liane, then getting such great return on PLD, these are moves that have made the Jets contenders.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 22, 2024, 04:08:49 PMHow did Chevy pull off this deal for Brayden Yager? 

7 games in Moosejaw, 7 goals, 6 assists.  Yeah, its Junior, but still.  McGroarty has really pooped the bed so far.

As much as I don't respect Chevy in a lot of ways, going back to Chicago, he is an effective GM.  Sure, its on him for drafting McGroarty and not realizing that he was going to be a problem child, but getting full value based on what he drafted, not what McGroarty has shown himself to be, well done.

Getting PLD for Liane, then getting such great return on PLD, these are moves that have made the Jets contenders.   

I don't agree. How does a GM know what a 18 year old kid is going to think a couple of years down the road.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on October 22, 2024, 04:08:49 PMHow did Chevy pull off this deal for Brayden Yager? 

It's a trade involving one unproven (and seemingly over-entitled) prospect for another. Low risk transaction for either team.

That's how he "pulled if off," I'd surmise.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず