Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2024/2025 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 05, 2024, 04:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I am hoping the Jets can stay out of the penalty box tonight. Not sure our PP has improved any this season. Helle will probably have to be in mid season form tonight to get the W.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Well, not a bad 1st. period. The Lowry line is playing well.
Apps. with 3 points.
PP 2/3
Kup first goal in 70 games.
6 zip, pretty solid game for the Jets.

J5V

A little bit of humble pie for the Oil courtesy the Jets. Congrats to Scott Arniel for his first win in his first regular season game as anointed coach of the Jets. Nice to get that out of the way immediately for him and the players.
Go Bombers!

PloenFan

Kyle Connor's seventh consecutive season-opening game with a goal, an NHL record.

Jesse

Helle takes hold of the Vezina conversation in Game one, lol.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on October 10, 2024, 11:05:15 AMHelle takes hold of the Vezina conversation in Game one, lol.

Put the league on notice!

What a game. Third line was unreal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 09, 2024, 05:08:55 PMAll I can do right now is hope we hammer Edmonton at home tonight. Long shot that will happen, but wouldn't that be a way to generate excitement..

WRONG AGAIN

classic
#Ride?

theaardvark

So, we really missed out on upgrading our D, what a mess they were last night.

Why did the announcers keep saying "this was a 52 win team" and "this was a 110 point team" over and over?  We know, and we've been "contenders" and "first round exits" for a while.

We had 3 more wins, 6 more points, but the Oilers went to the 7th game of the SCF.

Yes, a statement start to the season.  97 more games like this and we hoist the cup.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 10, 2024, 05:03:34 PMSo, we really missed out on upgrading our D, what a mess they were last night.

Why did the announcers keep saying "this was a 52 win team" and "this was a 110 point team" over and over?  We know, and we've been "contenders" and "first round exits" for a while.

We had 3 more wins, 6 more points, but the Oilers went to the 7th game of the SCF.

Yes, a statement start to the season.  97 more games like this and we hoist the cup.

It's game one. Both teams have a lot to work on. I had no problem with our D last night. D also blocked a lot of shots. Our 2nd. line took the night off. Need a 2nd.line C. 20 of 49 in the circle, we knew that was a problem coming in. However the PP moved the puck well, and shot the puck more often, not looking for the perfect play.

Pigskin

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on October 10, 2024, 08:12:27 PMJets place Kahkonen on waivers.

Knew it was him or Comrie... both need to clear to go down.  Can't carry 3 goalers.

Moose will be fine if we lose him, but better if we don't.  Good depth, just in case.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 10, 2024, 08:12:27 PMJets place Kahkonen on waivers.

All the talking heads were predicting it'd be Comrie. Interesting.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Kah: 139 games, 2A, 4 SO, 3.33 GAA, 49/67/15, .899. 28 years old.

Com:  57 games, 2A, 2 SO, 3.38 GAA, 24/26/2, 29 years old.

I was surprised to see Comrie has only played in 57 NHL games. 

Pigskin

CB98 in Winnipeg tonight. To bad I will be at the Bomber game.