Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2024/2025 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 05, 2024, 04:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on September 24, 2024, 03:58:00 AMHmmm... I guess they gave him an extra $50k/yr just to make me wrong.

Eh, I'm sure you're used to it by now. ;)

Anyway, glad he's finally re-signed. Reasonable term and money. Now he has to earn it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-make-first-cuts-of-2024-25-training-camp/

QuoteTraining camp began last week with 53 players on the roster. After less than a week of skating and two pre-season games that number will now be reduced as Winnipeg has announced the following moves:

To Manitoba:
F – Chaz Lucius
F – Henri Nikkanen
F – Danny Zhilkin

Back to junior teams:
F – Kevin He
F- Jacob Julien
F – Connor Levis
F – Markus Loponen
F – Kieron Walton

The following four players have been released from their professional try-outs:
D – Dylan Anhorn
D – Dawson Barteaux
D – Ashton Sautner
F – Ben King

All four have AHL deals with the Moose and will be at their training camp.

The Jets now have 23 forwards, 13 defencemen, and five goalies remaining at training camp.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Lucius has been disappointing so far. 35 games of hockey in the past 2 years. Injury after injury. Needs to stay healthy and have a very good year with the Moose.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Gotta like the style of win last night.
Jets dressed the more experienced lineup and worked better as a team. Our #1 line dominated, Ehlers and Lambert certainly were decent together with Names. Defensively solid and I thought Lundmark had a very serviceable game paired with a good vet in Miller.
Still cheering for Kupari to prove himself and make this team
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Stanley out for 4 weeks, with knee surgery.

Little to retire as a Jet.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on September 27, 2024, 07:05:06 PMStanley out for 4 weeks, with knee surgery.

Little to retire as a Jet.

Stanley out too?

Oi vey.
My wife is amazing!

J5V

Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-make-third-cut-of-2024-25-training-camp-reduce-roster-by-7/

QuoteThe Jets got down to 36 players last Sunday and today they have made a further reduction as follows:

G: Thomas Milic
D: Dmitry Kuzmin, Tyrel Bauer, Simon Lundmark
F: Dominic Toninato, AJF, Mason Shaw,

Four of which are on waivers for purposes of assignment to the Moose:

D – Simon Lundmark
F – Axel Jonsson-Fjallby
F – Mason Shaw
F – Dominic Toninato

And the other three are being assigned to Manitoba:

G – Thomas Milic
D – Tyrel Bauer
D – Dmitry Kuzmin

This leaves 29 players at Jets camp.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jockitch

Is Chevy watching the Waiver wire for a hidden gem ?    Such as a puck moving D-man

Who is going to be traded or waived and then picked up before he clears waivers ?

What's the fate of Iafallo and his $4.M tag, Kupari, Barron, is Lambert pushing into the opening roster (hope so)
Is Comrie capable of being the backup or is his use as a goalie mentor on the Moose ? 

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on October 04, 2024, 05:40:40 PMIs Chevy watching the Waiver wire for a hidden gem ?    Such as a puck moving D-man

Who is going to be traded or waived and then picked up before he clears waivers ?

What's the fate of Iafallo and his $4.M tag, Kupari, Barron, is Lambert pushing into the opening roster (hope so)
Is Comrie capable of being the backup or is his use as a goalie mentor on the Moose ? 

Chevy's usually pretty good at picking up contributors off of the waiver wire. Not sure we have space for it this year as a guy like Lambert could be sent down for the sole purpose that he doesn't have to go through waivers.

I guess the caveat there is that we're suddenly low on defensive bodies.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on October 04, 2024, 05:40:40 PMIs Chevy watching the Waiver wire for a hidden gem ?    Such as a puck moving D-man

Comrie is a down grade from LB. Iafallo is a swiss army knife type of player, but at $4M??? Kupari, needs to turn the corner quickly. I like Barron on our 4th line. I think Lambert has played well and needs the be on the roster. 

Second line C is a big ? for me. VN7 is a 3rd or 4th line C at best.

D is also a big question mark.

theaardvark

1C - 55
3C - 17
1w - 81
2W - 27

1G - 37

Other than that, no idea
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Very much agree on the need to some how upgrade our 2C position.
Personally believe that Kupari and Lambert have the wheels for it. Perfetti has the smarts but I'm guessing NO. ..... will Arniel take the chance on one of these and get rid of the Namestnikov idea 

....... and for me a puck moving D-man who also uses his body with force

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Iafallo at $4M is pretty reasonable considering how much versatility he brings.

I'm surprised about Lambert. It sounded like he was ready to take the next step.

2C remains a pretty big question mark in the meantime, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず