Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at BC August 18, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2024, 05:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

I like the call to let the fullback take the 3rd and short snap. Sure he isn't going to throw it, he's going to lower his pads and get you the first down!!

Blueforlife

Fatboi shows his power and value to the club
Beast

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 19, 2024, 12:45:04 AMOur short yardage team has looked like absolute crap all year long. It would have been fine if we were pushing the pile like we were last year with Prukop behind centre.

We were 100% before that big Strev whiff a few weeks ago (@TOR?).

However, if our new 3-game success rate is down to less than 90% then we definitely need to change the "always go for it" mantra.

However, in this game if we botch the gamble we just get the ball back anyhow.  D is lights out, Rourke is more like Crum!!
Never go full Rider!

markf

lol Rourke had a little hissy fit after another duff

GOLDMEMBER

Whitehead as punt returns is showing me zip all.

WOW THIS D JUST WOW!

Now can we please quit shooting ourselves in the foot on offence.

GOLDMEMBER

Welcome to Canada have some McCain Fries. Lol

pdirks67

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 12:47:09 AMWe were 100% before that big Strev whiff a few weeks ago (@TOR?).

However, if our new 3-game success rate is down to less than 90% then we definitely need to change the "always go for it" mantra.

However, in this game if we botch the gamble we just get the ball back anyhow.  D is lights out, Rourke is more like Crum!!

But we have been barely making it all year. Last year, we'd push the pile and make it with room to spare, even if we needed a couple.

TecnoGenius

I checked the spot and Brady was stopped right between the yellow & blue lines.  So he was 1.5 yards short.  What did they spot us at?  If anywhere near that they got the spot right.

OL got little push on that play and Brady got pushed down real fast
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 19, 2024, 12:48:42 AMBut we have been barely making it all year. Last year, we'd push the pile and make it with room to spare, even if we needed a couple.

No, before the bad whiff that may have cost us the game we were 100% (or maybe 1 whiff?).  It's ever since that whiff we've been like 50% on SY.

Yes, Prukop was always better at SY than Strev.  Junkie will argue with me, but from my memory Prukop almost never whiffed.

Keep in mind though our OL was way better last year.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

This is frustrating. Why aren't we running the ball! There run D sucks.

GOLDMEMBER