Stamps at Redblacks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 26, 2024, 11:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 01:03:36 AMSorry, ones trending upward, the other is trending downward. Who cares what he knows if he can't execute. This 'funk' you speak of is old age, you can't play forever

Tom Brady enters the chat
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 27, 2024, 01:18:16 AMGame over

You know what extra online feature I'd pay money for?  A camera dedicated to showing Dickenson The Greater's face on the sidelines all game long.  I really wanted to see the look on his face during that Pimpleton return.   :D  :D  :D

Oh ya, mic too!  His whining is unequaled.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on July 27, 2024, 01:24:43 AMMaybe BC isn't that good.

You beat BC with your brain, not your brawn.  As we saw in the '23 WDF and the CGY/BC game, your DC has to out-plan and out-think BC.  You stop VAJ's mid and deep ball and he just loses his cool and can't recover.  It's not all VAJ, either: it's also incumbent upon BC's OC.

In sum: BC never has "plan B".
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Stats Junkie on July 27, 2024, 07:59:08 AMI have documented 8 instances in 2023 and 7 in 2022. This was the first time in 2024.

Thanks Junkie!  Just to check: are we talking ejections period or double-misconduct ejections?

If the latter, I guess I didn't take much note because maybe it was a nobody being ejected instead of the team's only dressed RB!

One would think, as a player, if you've taken 1 misconduct you'd walk on eggshells and play extra-super-clean the rest of the game!!  Surely it's also on the coaching staff to keep reminding the guy to tone it down?  If the guy is a key player he should be reminded constantly.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The whole game looked dark.  This isn't the first time, either.  I think others complained in the last @OTT game?  It's like the OTT stadium isn't properly lit.  Shouldn't there be some standard they have to live up to?
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Yes I thought so also.  Ok saved me a trip to the eye Doctor! Lol?!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2024, 08:00:40 AMTom Brady enters the chat
Zack Collaros is not Tom Brady in no way shape or form. Tom Brady could out pass Collaros today is they went head to head!!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2024, 09:00:46 AMThe whole game looked dark.  This isn't the first time, either.  I think others complained in the last @OTT game?  It's like the OTT stadium isn't properly lit.  Shouldn't there be some standard they have to live up to?
I always thought their field is an especially dark green, the TD logo at center is the color of most fields.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Waffler

The TD logo. All  the other colors seem ok, so I don't think it is a lighting issue.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Waffler

Compared to BC. lighting seems similar but field color, not.

dd

Watching the replay it's definitely a lighting issue, just look at the shadows on the field, even shots into the stands, definitely lighting is substandard

Stats Junkie

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2024, 08:55:35 AMThanks Junkie!  Just to check: are we talking ejections period or double-misconduct ejections?
Yes, these all were situations where a player received his 2nd misconduct foul of the game.

Huge * to Nyles Morgan (2023) who in addition to receiving his 2nd misconduct foul, he also received a penalty for rough play - disqualification on the same play. I suppose he was tossed from the game twice on that play.

Other quirks:
Derrick Moncrief (2022) received 2 misconduct fouls on the same play giving him a total of 3 on the day.

Sione Teuhema (2023) also received 2 misconduct fouls on the same play. Teuhema is the only player to be ejected twice in the same season for accumulating 2 misconduct penalties.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Waffler

Comparing 1st quarter with the sun still up, to the 4th. I have to agree that lighting is an issue in Ottawa.

dd

For sure. Just look at the shadows during the telecast. It's like they're using 60W bulbs to light 5e stadium!!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 27, 2024, 08:00:40 AMTom Brady enters the chat

Tom Brady has also aged out after hanging on a year too long.
My wife is amazing!