BLUE BOMBERS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK AARON GRYMES TO PRACTICE ROSTER - NOW RELEASED

Started by Blueforlife, July 23, 2024, 02:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bluebeard on July 25, 2024, 06:24:50 PMIt does not take long to burn threw money if the team starts losing.  Look at Sask and Edmonton.  Elks have to sell to private concerns.

Meh.  WPG fans are nuts loyal and will come out to PAS even if we start pulling a 2014.  Proof: look at 2013-2015.  Sure, numbers were down from today (backing out "new barn" artificial bump), but they never went to EDM basement levels.

I still maintain that "real" money doesn't matter in the CFL.  Even for the "have not" teams.  No one spends $1M less than the SMS because they are too poor.  And in any event, I don't think it applies to our situation & fan base.
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Quote from: Jesse on July 26, 2024, 04:54:30 AMI wonder how many posts Tburg has saying we should have signed Sankey, Bowman, etc?
Zero, but I would take Sankey over Biggie in a heartbeat. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 26, 2024, 01:59:30 PMZero, but I would take Sankey over Biggie in a heartbeat.

Who wouldn't? I feel bad saying that, by the way. But holding on too long is in part why we're 2-5.

DM83

Nice hair....couldnt make a woeful elks roster. Bombers are in trouble.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: DM83 on July 26, 2024, 04:51:54 PMNice hair....couldnt make a woeful elks roster. Bombers are in trouble.

He didn't make the Elks roster in 2022 because he couldn't play on one leg.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on July 26, 2024, 04:51:54 PMNice hair....couldnt make a woeful elks roster. Bombers are in trouble.

Liquid lunch is always a fun idea on a Friday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

DM83

Thanks, I will drink to that! Oooooh, sorry just frustrated by the lack of effort by both Jets and Bombers.

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 26, 2024, 01:59:30 PMZero, but I would take Sankey over Biggie in a heartbeat.
I still say that was a huge mistake.

TBURGESS

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 02:40:43 PMI still say that was a huge mistake.
You're allowed to have that opinion, wrong as it is.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 02:40:43 PMI still say that was a huge mistake.

Not signing Sankey and sticking with Bighill was a gut call, and I get it, Biggie brings a lot more to the team than stats.  Keeping Collaros over Brown, same deal. The deciding factor in both was what has also built our dynamic team culture.

Many will say that there should be no loyalty in pro sports.  As long as you produce, you earn "loyalty".  In both those cases, the player was producing at the time of decision.  Monday Morning QB hindsight is an easy game.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on July 27, 2024, 03:16:08 PMNot signing Sankey and sticking with Bighill was a gut call, and I get it, Biggie brings a lot more to the team than stats.  Keeping Collaros over Brown, same deal. The deciding factor in both was what has also built our dynamic team culture.

Many will say that there should be no loyalty in pro sports.  As long as you produce, you earn "loyalty".  In both those cases, the player was producing at the time of decision.  Monday Morning QB hindsight is an easy game.
We could have moved biggie to will to prolong his career and had a phenomenal LB corps plus transitioned biggie to retirement and had a plan moving forward. Right now, we have an old horse and no succession plan. Great call! For Collaros and brown, I would have traded Collaros and stuck with brown. You could see from last year's elk game who was the better Qb. Collaros would have had some trade value then, not so much now.

BBRT

Quote from: dd on July 27, 2024, 04:50:17 PMWe could have moved biggie to will to prolong his career and had a phenomenal LB corps plus transitioned biggie to retirement and had a plan moving forward. Right now, we have an old horse and no succession plan. Great call! For Collaros and brown, I would have traded Collaros and stuck with brown. You could see from last year's elk game who was the better Qb. Collaros would have had some trade value then, not so much now.

I have to reluctantly agree with your statement. However the past is the past and there is not much we can do about it today. However it is not too late to see what we can do to recover part of the season and also to plan for 2025. I am sure there are a number of discussions going on behind closed doors regarding what worked and did not work in 2024 and plans for how to reload for the 2025 season are probably well under way. Just who stays and who goes will probably not be known until post 2024 season end.

theaardvark

Moving Biggie to WIL means calling on him to drop into pass coverage more, which would be much harder for him.

Moving Biggie to WIL means taking Wilson off the starting DC.

Now, if you wanted to bring in Sankey, you could move to a 3-4 D front with Biggie and Sankey as MLB.

But still, it was unfortunate timing when Sankey came available.  But 7 other teams missed out on him as well...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blueforlife

Biggie will have ups and downs, was like that last couple of years.  He was once one of the best players ever at his position and the sun is setting.

Zach will sort it out, imo.

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on July 27, 2024, 05:20:59 PMMoving Biggie to WIL means calling on him to drop into pass coverage more, which would be much harder for him.

Moving Biggie to WIL means taking Wilson off the starting DC.

Now, if you wanted to bring in Sankey, you could move to a 3-4 D front with Biggie and Sankey as MLB.

But still, it was unfortunate timing when Sankey came available.  But 7 other teams missed out on him as well...
Ya, but the other 7 teams didn't have an aging, slow, oft injured MLB in their lineup. It's water under the bridge but seems he is still fiercely loyal to in house players and doesn't like to admit that maybe, just maybe bringing someone new in just might upgrade our lineup. Not giving whitehead a shot proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt as Kase couldn't carry Luckys cleats to the field