Official Game Day Thread - Ottawa at Winnipeg, July 5, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 04, 2024, 05:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

The D penalties were mostly a joke.

The O penalties are mistakes that need correction.
My wife is amazing!

dd

J5V

Go Bombers!

dd

Strev just runs through santos Knox, awesome!!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Finally a win. We were looking for ways to screw it up though. Too many penalties.

Lots of ugly issues to discuss but I think I'll leave it for a day or two.

Bond has been playing very well. I hope that shoulder issue doesn't keep him out of the next game. Nice pic.

Bryant came up limping late in the game but toughed it out. He's a stud.

We controlled field position, TOP. Controlling LOS on both sides was on and off for both teams.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

I can't seem to get into the stats to take a look at the moment. I was curious how many running plays Bo had and how many Streveler had.

Being the short yardage QB he was taking a lot of extra hits because we were in short yardage often. They couldn't stop him but he paid the price and is going to need time in the ice tub.

Clercius is going to be a good player in the future if not by the end of the season. That said we still might see Alston or Case next week? No sign of Whitehead yet so he's a couple of weeks away from being ready if he shows up early next week.

I didn't think O. Wilson or Johnson played that badly but we didn't throw to either often. We played an extremely safe passing game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

We HAVE to play the ball control, time possession game to win ball games. We simply don't have the passing attack to play runs and gun. It was a battle but we got it done, onto Calgary and clean up the discipline issues and battle again for the next win.

Pigskin

Well, the house was rocking tonight. Not pretty at some points of the game, but we did what we needed to.

A couple of stupid penalties, and a lot of holding by Ottawa's OL gave Ottawa some momentum.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Ugly win, well done but not sustainable, not sure they would beat many other teams playing with such a limited playbook.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2024, 03:41:25 AMI can't seem to get into the stats to take a look at the moment. I was curious how many running plays Bo had and how many Streveler had.

Being the short yardage QB he was taking a lot of extra hits because we were in short yardage often. They couldn't stop him but he paid the price and is going to need time in the ice tub.

Clercius is going to be a good player in the future if not by the end of the season. That said we still might see Alston or Case next week? No sign of Whitehead yet so he's a couple of weeks away from being ready if he shows up early next week.

I didn't think O. Wilson or Johnson played that badly but we didn't throw to either often. We played an extremely safe passing game.

Brady had 23 runs, Strev 13, Augustine 1.

Whitehead is in Winnipeg. I'd expect to see him in practice this week.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

I once again predicted a run on 1st down of our 1st possession. I didn't think we would run that play on nearly every 1st down play in the game. Sheeesh.

That explains Santos-Knox leading the Redblacks DT's with 12!!
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on July 06, 2024, 03:51:24 AMBrady had 23 runs, Strev 13, Augustine 1.

Whitehead is in Winnipeg. I'd expect to see him in practice this week.

I figured he'd be here by next practice but he won't know the playbook in a couple of quick practices. He certainly won't be in game shape.

That said, he could replace Mitchell as the back up returner and emergency receiver? Realistically I don't think that happens that quick.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 06, 2024, 03:55:26 AMI figured he'd be here by next practice but he won't know the playbook in a couple of quick practices. He certainly won't be in game shape.

That said, he could replace Mitchell as the back up returner and emergency receiver? Realistically I don't think that happens that quick.

There are several starters on our roster right now who can win as rookies with barely any prep. I wouldn't be shocked if Lucky got in fairly quickly.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

3 sacks tonight, D getting a little more pressure. Feltmate with 3 tackles had a good night on teams.

Injuries: Strev, Bonds, Bryant, Clercius, BO20. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.