It is gonna be a long year!

Started by Austin85, June 18, 2024, 03:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Our talent has been taken by other teams, injuries are piling up, not like past years. The salary cap has caught up to us but management has given money to who they think deserves it. Even after all this we must be thankful that our blue bombers made it to the Grey Cup four years in a row, in a salary cap era! If it were not for a couple of plays we could of won four in a row.
Even the Edmonton dynasty from 78-82 who had great teams, didn't have a salary cap to adhere too. They could sign whoever they wanted for the money they wanted. I know all teams could as well, but for me the bombers run of four years, in a salary cap rule seems so much more meaningful!
I know our team will give it there all, every game!

Road Griller

Down to 7 on the Power Rankings. A loss Friday and we will likely be 9 next week.

6-12 seems optimistic now.  Every team is coming for us , payback after beating them for the last 4 seasons.  3-15 is not out of the question. 

2025 Grey Cup.  Mirror image of 2015, unthinkable 2 years ago.  Wonder what the brass is thinking right about now?  This is not a quick fix.  The  timing could not be worse

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Austin85 on June 18, 2024, 03:17:38 AMI know our team will give it there all, every game!

Good post.

And I want to see the PAS crowd give it their all in this game!  They really started losing the decibels come the 4th Q in week 1.  We 100% owe it to our team to bring the max noise all game long.  Let's not become Just Another Stadium where all you hear is golf clappers.  I don't give a hoot how much we win or lose, we keep the heat on when we're on D.

Every game I scream and ring and clap and stomp until my voice is 100% gone by 0:00.  Like actual vocal chord damage.  I expect the same of every "noise" fan.  The quiet ones can sit and poopoo, that's ok, not everyone is rowdy.  But the noise guys need to keep bringing the noise -- all the time!

And I don't want to hear another boo again.  Booing Castillo didn't/doesn't help anything.  Like it or not 99% of the same guys will be back on the field next week and they need to know We Got Their Backs (TM) even if they're not superstars or they have a garbage night.  I'll never boo the Blue & Gold... never.  Didn't for Brohm & Hurl, won't do it now.
Never go full Rider!

Road Griller

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 18, 2024, 04:28:46 AMGood post.

And I want to see the PAS crowd give it their all in this game!  They really started losing the decibels come the 4th Q in week 1.  We 100% owe it to our team to bring the max noise all game long.  Let's not become Just Another Stadium where all you hear is golf clappers.  I don't give a hoot how much we win or lose, we keep the heat on when we're on D.

Every game I scream and ring and clap and stomp until my voice is 100% gone by 0:00.  Like actual vocal chord damage.  I expect the same of every "noise" fan.  The quiet ones can sit and poopoo, that's ok, not everyone is rowdy.  But the noise guys need to keep bringing the noise -- all the time!

And I don't want to hear another boo again.  Booing Castillo didn't/doesn't help anything.  Like it or not 99% of the same guys will be back on the field next week and they need to know We Got Their Backs (TM) even if they're not superstars or they have a garbage night.  I'll never boo the Blue & Gold... never.  Didn't for Brohm & Hurl, won't do it now.

A lot of the crowd is very young now, the kids will be booing loud and proud, especially after a few doubles. Make no mistake about that.

The saving grace is they will be gone by the half and off to the bar,  the downside is $$$$$ walking out the door.

This is a must win for so many reasons.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Road Griller on June 18, 2024, 04:40:47 AMA lot of the crowd is very young now, the kids will be booing loud and proud, especially after a few doubles. Make no mistake about that.

Then it's up to us oldsters to teach them how to do it and what it means to be a Bomber fan.  I'm going my part turning my kids into noise machines!  They have learned how important it is.  Everyone has to show the way.
Never go full Rider!

Road Griller

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 18, 2024, 05:16:43 AMThen it's up to us oldsters to teach them how to do it and what it means to be a Bomber fan.  I'm going my part turning my kids into noise machines!  They have learned how important it is.  Everyone has to show the way.

For sure, the problem is they are mostly at the Hut then scattered around the stadium in groups.  No way to stop them, they don't come with parents anymore.

Interesting times, many of the old timers said they are going to stick out this run then pack it up, age, constant stadium road construction ( ten years and counting) and cost being the main factors.  Just couldn't  leave during some of the best football they have ever seen live.

The youngsters have no heavy investment in the team and will move on to the next new shiny thing once the winning ends.

So much on the line, I can't believe they let this happen.  Ramping up seasons sales for the '25 cup?  More likely near record cancellations if this continues.

blue_or_die

Austin85 makes one or two downer threads per year after a loss or two, and that's about it.
#Ride?

Blueforlife

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 18, 2024, 08:55:21 PMAustin85 makes one or two downer threads per year after a loss or two, and that's about it.
If there was a love button on here I would have clicked it 100x for this post.

Yup was just thinking the same but he has friends now to share his misery.  I like this let them get it all out together in one safe place lol.

Some forum members have reverted back to the negativity that was popular here pre dynasty.  Classic.  Things worked out pretty well back then and I think it will again.

Austin85

I make downer posts don't forget everyone. I just believe that you cannot go on forever thinking we can be invincible. We have done way better than all the teams in the CFL the past four years with the exception of BC who did pretty well too. Look at Toronto they did ok but we're gutted this year, but they have two decent quarterbacks still. I don't care I'm a bomber fan no matter if they go 0-18. That's the difference between me and some other band jumpers on this board.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Austin85 on June 19, 2024, 04:14:22 AMI make downer posts don't forget everyone. I just believe that you cannot go on forever thinking we can be invincible. We have done way better than all the teams in the CFL the past four years with the exception of BC who did pretty well too. Look at Toronto they did ok but we're gutted this year, but they have two decent quarterbacks still. I don't care I'm a bomber fan no matter if they go 0-18. That's the difference between me and some other band jumpers on this board.

Who on here has ever claimed the Bombers are invincible?
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: Road Griller on June 18, 2024, 03:29:59 AMDown to 7 on the Power Rankings. A loss Friday and we will likely be 9 next week.

6-12 seems optimistic now.  Every team is coming for us , payback after beating them for the last 4 seasons.  3-15 is not out of the question. 

2025 Grey Cup.  Mirror image of 2015, unthinkable 2 years ago.  Wonder what the brass is thinking right about now?  This is not a quick fix.  The  timing could not be worse

Bring back Justin Goltz!

Road Griller

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on June 19, 2024, 02:24:50 PMBring back Justin Goltz!

I'm in!!!!  NR, Streveler, Goltz.  Just give us the Cup!!!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on June 19, 2024, 02:24:50 PMBring back Justin Goltz!

Brohm.  Brohm is the best example from 2015 when you want to make a point requiring the world's worst QB.  He had a 100% completion record: if the turf counted as a receiver.  He was great at aiming for that green stuff.

Long may we delay the days of our team looking like that again!  I'm crying just thinking about it.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :o
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Troy Copp
Sammy Garza
T.J Rubley

Remembering the pain of the past can make then present more tolerable lol

Road Griller

This is different. We have a better option at QB.  Just need to play him.

Just like Nichols backing up Willy.  The QB stable isn't lean.  We have someone and Zach would be a great #2.