Blue Bombers Transactions - May 22, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 22, 2024, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers Transactions - May 22, 2024

WINNIPEG, MB., May 22, 2024 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American receiver Sy Barnett  (6-0, 190, Davenport, #71)
American defensive back Russell Dandy (6-0, 170, Eastern Illinois, #46)
American offensive lineman Kendall Randolph (6-4, 300, Alabama, #69)

Released from roster:

American receiver Oliver Martin

Transferred to six-game injured list:

National defensive lineman Cam Lawson

Transferred to suspended list:

American kicker Sergio Castillo
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Randolph was nicked earlier and released. He must have recovered and the team felt he was worth bringing back.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Ouch. Losing Lawson for six would be really tough.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 22, 2024, 04:18:28 PMOuch. Losing Lawson for six would be really tough.

Didn't notice but must have happened during the game, gives Schmeck a chance to establish himself, see if he can outplay Jake.

Blueforlife

Lawson looked good, man that sucks.

Pete

Seems to be more training camp injuries, are we being more aggressive due to increased competition? New turf? Or just bad luck?

pdirks67

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 22, 2024, 04:18:28 PMOuch. Losing Lawson for six would be really tough.

It gets worse. Darrin Bauming says:
"Mike O'Shea says Cam Lawson may return later this season. He's likely to miss more than six games."

kkc60

No Lawson means the bombers should definitely look into Kongbo or Menard. Need some canadian DL, whether or not Schmekel has improved.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on May 22, 2024, 07:36:24 PMNo Lawson means the bombers should definitely look into Kongbo or Menard. Need some canadian DL, whether or not Schmekel has improved.

Jake and Schmek, maybe earns Kornelson a job on the PR.

BomberFan73

I was actually wondering if we might start 2 Canadians at DL, but thats a hard no now.
I was expected big things from Lawson this year, hopefully he can fully recover and bolster the lineup at the right time. I don't know if we need to run out and get a replacement, hopefully Schmenkle & Korny can fill in.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

kkc60

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 22, 2024, 07:55:15 PMJake and Schmek, maybe earns Kornelson a job on the PR.
Kornelson weighs 240 pounds, that's not a DT

PeVee

What's up with the Castillo suspension?

Blueforlife

Hopefully an emerging star come out of camp on the DL

ModAdmin

Quote from: PeVee on May 23, 2024, 02:13:02 AMWhat's up with the Castillo suspension?

Went home to deal with a personal matter.  No update yet on his return.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden