CFL website forum gonzo?

Started by ichabod_crane, May 19, 2024, 05:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichabod_crane

I just noticed today that the CFL forum on the CFL website (cfl.ca) is gonzo! I think it was there last year, but I could not find it at all under ANY option there now. Have the local team website forums killed the CFL forum?

I know only the CFL league wide forum had some action. The others were hardly active at all.

On another note, I noticed that Jermiah Masoli was placed on the "injured veteran" list late last month by Ottawa. If he is truly injured longer yet, Dru Brown has a clear path to the starters job in Ottawa as the other QB's they have in camp are nobodies or showed little last year (Crumb outside one or two games). I wish him well, but not against the Bombers! ;) Winnipeg at Ottawa on June 13'th will be one to watch to see how Dru performs against his old team!! :) Ottawa comes to the Peg on July 5th. Dru might not have enough reps with his new team for those two games early against the Bombers for their O to gel yet. We shall see.

gobombersgo

forums.cfl.ca

I dont see a link on CFL.ca for it either anymore.

Stats Junkie

There was a thread about this issue on the CFL forums this off-season. Apparently when a new link was added to cfl.ca the link to the forums got eliminated. It was later pointed out that there was still a link to the CFL forums if you go to CFL Game Zone first.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on May 19, 2024, 05:51:09 AMOn another note, I noticed that Jermiah Masoli was placed on the "injured veteran" list late last month by Ottawa. If he is truly injured longer yet, Dru Brown has a clear path to the starters job in Ottawa

Masoli got his 20th achilles at about a third into the season last year.  They usually are a full year, thus he shouldn't be expected back until around a third into this season.  Maybe more because he's like 87.

With the money they threw at Dru, I think he's their legit starter.  Only if he stinks(ish) through to when Masoli is ok will they bench him for Masoli.  If Dru excels and Masoli is back to 100%, OTT may have one of the strongest QB rooms in the CFL.
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89