Landry: John Lu followed his heart onto screens across Canada

Started by blue_gold_84, May 17, 2024, 02:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bwiser

As I have mentioned on here before his brother is my doctor. I am not sure if they are identical twins but everytime I hear John Lu speak, if I close my eyes I hear my doctor. They look and sound alike.

J5V

I really enjoyed John's work with the Jets this year.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Lu is a good one for sure.  I love his quirky and distinctive attire: the only one who remotely keeps up with Milt in that regard.  He's clearly intelligent and comes up with better-than-most sideline questions.

I really like the big "characters" on TSN.  The more of a character they are, the more I like them.  You have to have a gimmick or schtik.  Lu is a character: there is no one like him, never will be.

I had no idea he was (sort of) from Winnipeg!!  He always struck me as an eastern-timezone guy since that's where they plopped him for so many years.  I guess the "2022 move" in the article explains why we've seen him @IGF sometimes lately (a lot?).  (Did we get any Dort in 2023?)  If we can't have Sarah, I'm happy the latest replacement is Lu.

I was rewatching 2023 and there was one game where he asked a sweaty player one of his patented long-form big-brain questions and the player just went "what?".  He had to abbreviate and simplify.  Hehe.

I often think of SCTV's Brock Linehan (a spoof on Brian Linehan for you/us oldsters) when John Lu is asking his questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcIMmfpgq_Y
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

John and his siblings grew up in Southdale. His Mom was my sister's Piano teacher for multiple years.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

He's truly a unique reporter that's for sure. A stylish brainiac with flowing pushed back hair do, always comes across as super intelligent and professional. I enjoy his contributions to the broadcasts

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on May 19, 2024, 03:29:03 PMHe's truly a unique reporter that's for sure. A stylish brainiac with flowing pushed back hair do, always comes across as super intelligent and professional. I enjoy his contributions to the broadcasts

Ya that hair!  I don't think anyone else could pull off that do.  He may be a hair behind Milt sartorially, but Milt's hair can't hold a candle to Lu.   :o  :o  ;D  ;D  8)  8)

Goldie: great story about the piano teacher.  What a small world!
Never go full Rider!