2024 Super Bowl Game Thread

Started by GOLDMEMBER, February 11, 2024, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

The first half seemed for ever and the amount of commercials was not helping my focus.
The 2nd half certainly heated up and as a Chief's fan ......... loved the finish
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Possibly the NFL's best SB, at a time when they need good publicity. 

Will be interesting to see if there is backlash from Kelce's tirade at his coach. 

How long the Swift/Kelce romance continues now that he's off and she's jetting around the world will be interesting to see.  They are going to have a lot more time available to be together, so that's either good, or bad.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on February 12, 2024, 02:13:12 PMThe game was sloppy at times, but at least it was close the whole way through. I can't take the NFL seriously with all the kickoffs through the end zone.

You are 100% correct.  Takes away some often pretty spectacular plays.  They got the overtime format somewhat correct but I'll take the CFL format any day of the week (each team scrimmaging from the 35 yard line).
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Shooting at the Chiefs celebration parade. 1 dead, 20 injured. 3 in custody.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 15, 2024, 03:54:06 AMShooting at the Chiefs celebration parade. 1 dead, 20 injured. 3 in custody.

This is out of control. They can't even have parades anymore.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

"its not the guns" again we hear.  If its not the guns, why is the country with the most guns also the one with the most gun violence?

Ar-15 style weapons and handguns.  Easy enough to eliminate those for general sale.  If you want either, you must register and take courses and go though a waiting period.  Not just show up at a parking lot "gun sale" and grab a couple.  The shooter in Las Vegas had over 40 legally obtained weapons of various types and killed what, 40? people in a matter of minutes.  Any of the reasonable laws we have or the more restrictive ones places like England or Japan have, and that never happens. 

Americans think the 2nd amendment is there so they can arm themselves to overthrow the gov't.  The NRA has twisted the message, and had it amplified.  Sorry, no amount of weapons is going to give you the upper hand on the American Military complex. 

2a was written when there was no standing army, muskets were the state of the art, and they had just won a war of independence from England.  By having "militia", non army "soldiers" defend the nation.  And they wanted to make sure those well regulated militia had weapons. 

Even then, they were worried about weapons falling into the hands of non-regulated hands.  "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  A well regulated militia, security of a free State".  Not groups of wahoo's who don't like that an immigrant can come into the country.  Or some such other beef.

"Its a mental health issue".  Darn right it is, people who think they need AR15's to hunt deer are nuts.  That think they need to carry 3 handguns to go to Walmart, crazy. 

But to their point, yes.  People with issues make bad decisions and when you make "I'm going to buy a bunch of guns" one of those bad decisions that they CAN do, you are asking for mass shootings.  Waiting periods, red flag laws, background checks do not inflict nu-reasonable restrictions on firearms acquisition, but would prevent many of these mass shootings.  How simple laws like this cannot get past the gun lobby, I have no idea.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.