Blue Bombers agree to terms with safety Brandon Alexander

Started by ModAdmin, February 08, 2024, 03:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on February 10, 2024, 02:15:39 PMLawerence is not on the roster. He's not a pending free agent, he's just gone. Anyone can sign him.

How is that even a thing?  Maybe he was cut before the end of 2023?  Or is this a on-the-PR-to-end-the-year thing?  I thought pretty much everyone not signed for the next season was officially "in FA"... but clearly there are exceptions?

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 10, 2024, 08:44:38 PMI haven't heard that Holm signed with any NFL teams and I believe the NFL window closed on Feb. 3rd, so he should be back for his 3rd season on his original ELC unless he renegotiates a bump in pay.

And how is that possible?  I can't recall any other IMP who got a 3-year-term ELC?  I thought the rules about ELC were pretty strict?

Double weird!  Maybe MOS/Hall/KW saw so early in camp that the kid was a winner that they snuck in a 3-year on him.  Learned their lesson with Alford!!  Clearly someone in WFC has an eye for future-superstar DBs.  Glad they do, because I never see it until it's obvious to everyone!  From now on I'll take their word for it.

And ya, lock that guy up for as long as we can, even if you have to give him 4-5th-year guy money.  Him and Nichols are a great base to keep building off of.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Who signed Swarm (Swaray?) again?  Was he let go by team X and available in FA?  I wouldn't mind another shot for him if our scouting finds are a bust.  I think we had more faith in him than Lawrence during last season.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Swaray was picked up by the Riders in October. He is not on there current roster. So he's probably an FA.

Update: Swaray signed by Ottawa.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 10, 2024, 08:51:54 PMI'd hope they rip up his current deal and make a proper one, 2 or 3 years long...

I swear Jones gave Dillon Mitchell a significant bump prior to last season, and he was just entering the 2nd year of his ELC. 

Are there any rules preventing Import CFL rookies from signing 1 or 3 year ELC contracts?

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 11, 2024, 05:36:26 AMI swear Jones gave Dillon Mitchell a significant bump prior to last season, and he was just entering the 2nd year of his ELC. 

Are there any rules preventing Import CFL rookies from signing 1 or 3 year ELC contracts?

ELC's are two year minimum, vets can sign 1 year deals.  More than 2 years for either are options, but guarantees are only available for vets.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.