Forum Update

Started by ModAdmin, January 16, 2024, 05:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 19, 2024, 04:06:44 PMNothing like that at the top of my page though. Doesn't seem to be my day.

Weird. What browser are you using?
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

theaardvark

OK, the lack of "Next Topic" button at the bottom of the screen is REALLY bugging me.  Not even a "Back to top" button, gotta scroll all the way back up.  Did any of the testers actually USE the forum? 

Thread title in each post... put it in front of the "Today at 04:06:44 PM" banner.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2024, 04:12:19 PMOK, the lack of "Next Topic" button at the bottom of the screen is REALLY bugging me.  Not even a "Back to top" button, gotta scroll all the way back up.  Did any of the testers actually USE the forum? 

Thread title in each post... put it in front of the "Today at 04:06:44 PM" banner.

As pointed out earlier there is a "Go Up" button in the left bottom corner.

It's obviously an off the shelf product so we'll have to accept it as is.  There's no team of programmers beavering away in a back room tweaking adjustments.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2024, 04:12:19 PMOK, the lack of "Next Topic" button at the bottom of the screen is REALLY bugging me.  Not even a "Back to top" button, gotta scroll all the way back up.  Did any of the testers actually USE the forum? 

There is the "GO UP" button at the bottom left of the page.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 19, 2024, 04:44:20 PMFirefox.

Look just above the title at the top of the page "Blue Bomber Forum". You should see 3 links - your user name, My Messages and Alerts.  Click on your user name link and a drop down menu will appear giving you the option to log out.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 19, 2024, 04:56:54 PMLook just above the title at the top of the page "Blue Bomber Forum". You should see 3 links - your user name, My Messages and Alerts.  Click on your user name link and a drop down menu will appear giving you the option to log out.

Ah, now I see it. I seemed to " not see " anything above the Blue Bombers Forum. thanks
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stretch

Quote from: TBURGESS on January 19, 2024, 02:58:11 PMLove the like button. How 'bout: Agree, Disagree, & Thanks buttons.

Or a "Shut yer yap!" button for those of us over 50?  :)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Jesse

Quote from: Stretch on January 19, 2024, 06:40:41 PMOr a "Shut yer yap!" button for those of us over 50?  :)

Too many options just confuses you people.
My wife is amazing!

gobombersgo

Quote from: Stretch on January 19, 2024, 06:40:41 PMOr a "Shut yer yap!" button for those of us over 50?  :)

There is an ignore option.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I always wondered about the clock connected to this site, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to adjust it.  It never shows the correct time, or the correct time posts are made, regardless of time zone.  For example, this post is marked at 09:06:26 PM when it's actually 14:10 pm in BC.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 19, 2024, 09:14:55 PMI always wondered about the clock connected to this site, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to adjust it.  It never shows the correct time, or the correct time posts are made, regardless of time zone.  For example, this post is marked at 09:06:26 PM when it's actually 14:10 pm in BC.

You can change your time zone in your profile...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2024, 03:27:12 PMWhy would anyone ever want to logout? ;)

Ya, I haven't logged out of the forum in nearly 10 years
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2024, 09:26:10 PMYou can change your time zone in your profile...

Thanks but updating location doesn't do anything, where do you choose the timezone?  Just wonder why it doesn't sync. to my PC time

ModAdmin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 20, 2024, 02:16:52 AMThanks but updating location doesn't do anything, where do you choose the timezone?  Just wonder why it doesn't sync. to my PC time

- Go to your user name at the very top of the the page
- Click on your user name and you will see a drop down menu.
- Click on Look and Layout.
- You will see an option to change your time zone there.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden