Our Free Agent's Signings Are in Limbo Until Brady & Dalton Make Their Moves

Started by Lincoln Locomotive, January 11, 2024, 08:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on February 03, 2024, 06:21:57 AMOn his 32 yard romp for a TD in the GC game he displayed some good speed....for a power back. 
How in the world do we give that up in that game? Ugh! One thing I need to see this season is a much improved defense from what we rolled with last season. It seemed to start with a momentum killing BO fumble that sparked an unlikely 16 point comeback from Ottawa that ultimately sees us lose in OT. From that point forward I had little to no confidence in our D culminating with our defensive collapse in the GC. Just don't ever want to see that kind of crap ever again.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: J5V on February 03, 2024, 06:47:44 PMHow in the world do we give that up in that game? Ugh! One thing I need to see this season is a much improved defense from what we rolled with last season. It seemed to start with a momentum killing BO fumble that sparked an unlikely 16 point comeback from Ottawa that ultimately sees us lose in OT. From that point forward I had little to no confidence in our D culminating with our defensive collapse in the GC. Just don't ever want to see that kind of crap ever again.
The Interior of our D line is porous against the run snd has zero push agsinst the pass , they are our defensive weakness and we d better do something this off season to address that

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: dd on February 03, 2024, 08:30:45 PMThe I terror of our D line is porous against the run snd has zero push agsinst the pass , they are our defensive weakness and we d better do something this off season to address that
I'd kinda like to see if the Canadian Mafia would be interested in replacing Walker with 6'9 Shawn Oakman. Imagine the wingspan of him and Jefferson crashing down on a QB.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

Pigskin

Only a few hours left until the communication window opens. Bombers have a number of players still unsigned.

A List: Oliveira, Schoen, Walker, Jeffcoat, Hardrick, Houston, Alexander, Bailey, Gray. Gauthier.

B List: Clements, Hansen, Castillo, Briggs, Grant.

Interesting FAs. Leake, Bede, Carney, Bennett or Kongbo.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2024, 11:03:44 PMOnly a few hours left until the communication window opens. Bombers have a number of players still unsigned.

A List: Oliveira, Schoen, Walker, Jeffcoat, Hardrick, Houston, Alexander, Bailey, Gray. Gauthier.

Some big changes seem to be happening. Like 6 former all stars in that group.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Jesse on February 04, 2024, 12:58:23 AMSome big changes seem to be happening. Like 6 former all stars in that group.
Not sure why we aren't signing Alexander ??

Pete

Alexander isn't as effective as he was 2 years ago, lost a step and doesn't hit as hard. I could see us moving on, Although i do see him in the coaching ranks

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on February 04, 2024, 02:16:16 AMAlexander isn't as effective as he was 2 years ago, lost a step and doesn't hit as hard. I could see us moving on, Although i do see him in the coaching ranks

Alexander is rarely in the right place on mid/deep passes.  Doesn't seem to be doing much run-stopping anymore.  Never seems to be in the picture on many plays.

Could have been Hall putting him in the wrong place, though.  BA's positioning isn't always his choice.

DBs seem to have the shortest lifespan of any CFL player.  I've come to view them as transient and try not to get too attached; it makes me too sad.

I have no idea what we'll do at FS this season.  Maybe we can find the "next guy" in TC.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

So does the flurry of re-signings last week hint that maybe the team has reached a solution to the "Brady / Schoen problem"?  Maybe they have a clearer picture of whether they are staying / going and also who the likely replacements are, and more importantly, how much they will cost?
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on February 04, 2024, 12:58:23 AMSome big changes seem to be happening. Like 6 former all stars in that group.
Quote from: Pigskin on February 03, 2024, 11:03:44 PMOnly a few hours left until the communication window opens. Bombers have a number of players still unsigned.

Not good in my opinion, I think Walters will look back on this past month as a failure and perhaps become an early contender for losing FA.  Couldn't decide how much to budget for Brady and Schoen and let a troop of steady B+ players that are critical to their success walk past his office on their way to FA. Clements, Castillo, Grant, Gauthier, Gray, Bailey and Walker should have all been hog-tied and branded before the end of January.  Their initial salary demands would not have been that outrageous, but may become more difficult to meet if other teams show interest.

Afraid this could be the dreaded year they lose the magic of roster continuity with the potential of 8-10 high caliber veterans leaving the team.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 04, 2024, 05:42:30 AMNot good in my opinion, I think Walters will look back on this past month as a failure and perhaps become an early contender for losing FA.  Couldn't decide how much to budget for Brady and Schoen and let a troop of steady B+ players that are critical to their success walk past his office on their way to FA. Clements, Castillo, Grant, Gauthier, Gray, Bailey and Walker should have all been hog-tied and branded before the end of January.  Their initial salary demands would not have been that outrageous, but may become more difficult to meet if other teams show interest.

Afraid this could be the dreaded year they lose the magic of roster continuity with the potential of 8-10 high caliber veterans leaving the team.

A lot of assumptions here.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Today is the day we'll start to get some ideas of who is moving on? We might see a couple of back ups signed shortly as the dust settles. Monday, C'mon down and re-sign in Winnipeg. You know that's where you want to be.
:)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on February 04, 2024, 04:23:17 PMSound like Bede doesn't think he will be signing with the Argos.
I thought he was a decent kicker. Interesting, imd pick him up and go NAT at the kicker position and get rid of our bogus global punter

Pigskin

Boris was born in France, played his football at Laval, but his status in the CFL is American. Love to have his big leg in Winnipeg, but can see him in Hamilton.