Blue Bombers re-sign American linebacker Brian Cole

Started by ModAdmin, January 01, 2024, 06:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers re-sign American linebacker Brian Cole

WINNIPEG, MB., January 1, 2024 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a one-year extension with American linebacker Brian Cole. He was scheduled to become a free agent in February.

Cole
(6-2, 210, Mississippi State, born: April 3, 1997 in Saginaw, MI) returns to Winnipeg in 2024 for his third season. Over 26 regular season games, Cole has recorded 20 special teams tackles, three defensive tackles, and three forced fumbles.

Cole originally joined the organization when he was added to the practice roster in July of 2022.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Jesse

I like this. Feel like he could be a good one if he gets more defensive snaps.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Cole is very good on ST's and he might have more upside than Clements. Not certain we retain both but both are good players.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

A potential starter that we can continue to develop, good progression with limited reps.  Good depth bare min.
Sometimes you need a fresh start

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TecnoGenius

Ya, he seems to be part of the plan.  Coaches are always commenting on his speed.  Seems agile, too.  He's learning fast from the greats, like Biggie and Wilson.

Buuuut, he is IMP and thus requires more justification to keep on the roster than a NAT STer guy.  Thus he either has to fit into "best backup guy at the price for a position we don't want to spend a lot of money", or "shows promise as future all-star starter when the current guy retires".

Which of these Cole is remains to be seen, but I'm sure The Mafia has an idea already.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Cole is good all around, and seems to be an option in the Cheetah as well... I don't remember him alot in a negative way, when he was on field he did his job. 

Khramdi, Cole, Wilson is a good mix...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on January 08, 2024, 09:06:46 PM
I was hoping for a few more signings today.

They'll probably hold off their big signings for the spring thaw and use them to build anticipation for the coming season.  Anyone know where their season ticket sales stand?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 08, 2024, 09:26:50 PM
They'll probably hold off their big signings for the spring thaw and use them to build anticipation for the coming season.  Anyone know where their season ticket sales stand?

One would hope they are at near decade records.  So many sell-outs last season, it's clear the interest is there.
Never go full Rider!